Tire warmers and generator

g_debell757

I'm sure some of you have used "off brand" tire warmers and generators. What is your experience with the off brands? What brands have you had good results with? I love riding trackdays however as you all know its a money pit, worth it but still a pit. If I can save a little cheddar here and there, well all the better. Thanks in advance. So looking forward to next season.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I'm not familiar with anything "off brand" but if you're trying to save money I'd recommend looking for lightly used tire warmers. Well known brands will last a long time.

For a generator, I've seen lots of people using Predator generators. Champion is another good brand where you're not paying Honda/Yamaha prices. A 2000 watt generator will run one set of warmers plus small accessories (like a fan) easily. You can also search for used generators as they show up online from time to time.

Jacob

I have a predator 2000 watt inverter, had it close to 10 years now and it does the job. I have cheap mj moto tire warmers but I've run my buddy's woodcraft warmers without issue. I haven't seen over 900W for either of those warmers.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I have a predator 2000 watt inverter, had it close to 10 years now and it does the job. I have cheap mj moto tire warmers but I've run my buddy's woodcraft warmers without issue. I haven't seen over 900W for either of those warmers.
That reminds me to clarify, I meant an inverter generator as you pointed out, much much quieter and smoother power.

bmart

Control Rider
My Ryobi 2300 is quiet, but I usually just plug in to power onsite.

Moto-D has been my best working warmers, but they eventually die 7+ years in. :) I loved my woodcrafts, but they kept needing sewing repairs and the lights sucked.

There are a lot of ways to do this sport on the cheap. Warmers are the least of the financial worries. What does the rest of your system look like? Car? Trailer? Bike? Hotels/camping? Buddy travel?

Jacob

My Ryobi 2300 is quiet, but I usually just plug in to power onsite.

Moto-D has been my best working warmers, but they eventually die 7+ years in. :) I loved my woodcrafts, but they kept needing sewing repairs and the lights sucked.

There are a lot of ways to do this sport on the cheap. Warmers are the least of the financial worries. What does the rest of your system look like? Car? Trailer? Bike? Hotels/camping? Buddy travel?
Agree, also good warmers probably save money in the long run, especially if you're fast enough to need them. A lightly used pair of a good brand can be had for a reasonable price. My cheap mj moto pair came with a bike, and work well enough, but if I was serious I'd try to find a good used pair.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I have a couple years or more on my single temp STG warmers. They're made by chicken hawk and branded for sale through STG.
Add another vote here for a Predator inverter generator. I have a 3500 I use to power my van plus warmers and whatever else if I need it. Can't beat the price and performance. Good stuff. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Friends have the STG Warmers and they seem to be a really good bang for the buck.
It's good to have an inverter genny, but most tracks have electric. PittRace is limited. Plenty at NJMP and Summit Main (but not Shenny).

rpm894

Do not buy one of those loud construction / non-inverter type generators. N2 should just ban those at this point with quiet ones being so cheap. They are a safety issue. When someone parks next to me with a loud generator, during my first few laps every session while I should be focusing, I‘m distracted thinking about how I want to strangle them with an extension cord.

Bought some STG warmers here for $135.

I’ll run those until they die and then probably upgrade to some Chicken Hawk warmers.

Ludrof11

I’ve used the Wen generators, replicas of Yamaha. Used the 2200w 2 years ago with no issues and upgraded to the 3500w one this past season. Both super quiet, reliable, and cheap. Believe I paid 400 for the 2000w one and paid 520 on Amazon for the 3500w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk