Tire warmers questions

spyda1000

I've seen the diffrent tire warmers: Chickn Hwk, WD, Capit & moto-D.
they all have nice write ups.
but has anyone dealt with their customer svc & repairs ??
i know Chickn Hwk worked for me so far but i want to buy a new pair ahead of time just in case..
i'm curious about the other brands..

JBowen33

My gf bought me a pair of cheap ones on eBay for 150 bucks. I have a laser thermometer and they are spot on with temp every time I use them. And best part they were really cheap.

shadyaj3

Moto-D Warmers

This has been my second year using Moto-D Warmers and all I can say is that they are great! Their customer service is great. They are willing to help and answer any question you may have. I cannot comment on their repairs at the moment as I have had mine for two years running and they are still burning strong. They are really well made and due to their Carbon Wire Technology they heat up faster and hotter. They even come with an awesome carrying case. If anyone is looking for a solid set of warmers, I highly recommend Moto-D Warmers.
Check them out at:

http://www.motodracing.com/motorcycle-tire-warmers.html

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Another one you should consider is Bickle. They're made in Canada.
http://www.bickleracing.com/

From what I've seen, the covering is made from a more substantial material. They will repair, too.
I have the SB standard warmers. They're single temp. Been using them trouble-free for a few years.

z064life

capit is the only brand out with a 3 year warranty....and are waterproof...and use less watts per set

I've been happy with mine so far. I like them better than the CHR warmers they replaced.

LOrtega

Control Rider
Last 2 1/2 years I have been using a set of Ducati Warmers my friend got for free from Ducati when he bought his 848, and Free99 is a great price.

How hot do they get ? I don't know!
What are they made of? I don't know!
Who makes them? I don't know!
How many watts do they take? I don't know!
If they break will they repair them? I don't know!

All I know is the tire feels warm and I go ride, and have fun. LOL
With that said I have owned many CH, WC, Capit, and even TyreSoxs
All worked very well but all these products have finite lives, spending more usually gets you a better product and quality but again They are ALL finite so when they go south if you can't fix them just replace them...

bashing a product or loving a product is all subjective do your own research
know what you are willing to accept and go with that one.

zstylem86

vinny337;295883 wrote: Just don't get a set of DMPs...:agree:
i would disagree...i've had a set of DMP's for about 4 years now and have not had 1 issue. no burn marks, no electrical issues, nothing. and i spent about 1/2 the price of CH or other name brands out there.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
zstylem86;296071 wrote: i would disagree...i've had a set of DMP's for about 4 years now and have not had 1 issue. no burn marks, no electrical issues, nothing. and i spent about 1/2 the price of CH or other name brands out there.

Sounds like you’ve had a good experience with them, I’ve had 4 sets of DMPs in the past 4 years only one pair works and I use it as my back up set. You're correct with no burn marks and half the price of CH...the electric
is the issue. I’ve sent them in for repair (with a fee of course) and I tired to use them on my next day and the rear stopped working. That’s mine and 2 other people I ride with at the track experience with the DMP warmers. I’m glad it’s working out for someone. :cool: