Tires for Hayabusa

Busadan

Going to do first track day in almost 20 years at Barber on April 15. What about Q2s on such a heavy bike or Mich. Power Pures? Any other suggestions? Don't suggest different bike...please:) It's the only bike I own.

Q2's are a great choice. My friend Jeff used his busa for his first trackdays and made it to I group on his, so dont think that beast cant be ridden.

Welcome to the track too!

Oh, and dont forget to run lower tire pressures on the track. Start with 29 psi front and back.

BZ

dbakerpa

Q2s should be fine. You wont be able to throw that over in the corners like most bikes. A good friend did 2 track days on his Busa. Bought a track bike later and he tossed that in like nothing after being on the big boy. It would be fun to try that out at RA or VIR grand. That would be smokin on the straights.

Busadan

Thanks guys. Think I will give the Q2s a try. Last time on a track I was riding a brand new GSXR750. The bike in my avatar I love my Busa so I know I will have a great time

Busadan

Sportbike Track Gear has Michelin Power Pures on sale right now. Got a set for $274. 120/70/17-190/50/17. Gonna give em a shot on the big girl. Really looking forward to April 15 at Barber.:D

DUNLOP-RTS

Busadan;235164 wrote: Going to do first track day in almost 20 years at Barber on April 15. What about Q2s on such a heavy bike or Mich. Power Pures? Any other suggestions? Don't suggest different bike...please:) It's the only bike I own.
That big bad boy need a big tire in the back.

If you want 1 front and 1 rear you can call direct and order them $255 per set.

120/70x17 D209GPA med
200/55x17 D211GP soft

800-772-8473 Race Tire Service