Lighting
Summit Main
Summit Shenny
VIR North
VIR South
Monticello

erick1670

Nov 5, 2008
At NJMP T-Bolt in 09 at the hill went to hot there I panic before the right turn (low side) broken hand
At Summit main 5/12/12 at turn 9 (oil on track) just bruse up

erick1670

Nov 5, 2008
vinny337;249296 wrote: Thunder bolt T5 (first track day ever)
Thunder bolt T6 X2
Thunderbolt Chicane X2
Thunderbolt T2
Thunderbolt T1
Road Atlanta T6

Not crashed
Lighting
Summit Main
Summit Shenny
VIR North
VIR South
Monticello
Yo!
Vinny will you be at T-bolt this Saturday?

beevan217

Jul 12, 2008
Let's see.....

1-Turn 1 VIR S (pretty clouds & blue sky OHHHH!!!! ground, sky, ground, sky BIKE!!!!, ground etc...)
2- Pocono (after banking right turn)
3-Turn 1 Jeff
4- downhill right VIR N
5- Bowl@ Thunderbolt
6- fast right@ Thunderbolt

and now.... THE INFAMOUS SILVER SURFER CRASH!!!!

Fast left kink @ VIR SOUTH July 2009
(a little background)
In the rain, Big Jim (Thunder Ace) comes over & says: Watch the puddle starting at the apex in the kink. What did I do?? RUN right through it!! Back tire is trying to pass front tire but instead of high siding me, bike lays on right side. I'm stuck on left peg of bike caught onto my suit while sliding & spinning down the hill. As told to me later, the bike is leaving a 40ft trail of sparks. I was very happy I had the tank protectors on my '07 R6. That could have possibly been a fatal crash as the protectors were ground all the way through & had scrapes on the tank. The bike & I FINALLY stop & I hop off bike, land on my feet & signal to the corner worker that bike is in middle of track. I step to the side of track, wave off a couple of riders & a CR then grab bike & pull it off track.

As I ride in the rear of crash truck, CR Greg Ahrens (sp?)(Shaggy) runs over screaming "YOU'RE THE MAN!!! YOU'RE THE F-N MAN!!! That was the most awesome crash I've ever seen!!!" I'm looking at him like WTF is wrong with him?!!!? :dunno::dunno:

I found out later that people watching from pit area right across crash location didn't see me still on the bike. My suit & the bike were the same color. Once I hopped off the bike, I was told someone watching shouted: There he is!!!! :wow::wow:

I was told people were screaming & clapping when they finally saw me. Craziest crash for me for sure.

speedfree

Aug 3, 2008
VIR N T10 x2
VIR N T5a
CMP T1 cold ass tires, out lap
CMP T8
Road A T1
Barber T3
Jennings T7

No crashes:
Roebling
Summit Main
Shenny
NCBIKE

...another fool on his phone.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Oct 20, 2008
NJ
beevan217;249301 wrote: Let's see.....

1-Turn 1 VIR S (pretty clouds & blue sky OHHHH!!!! ground, sky, ground, sky BIKE!!!!, ground etc...)
2- Pocono (after banking right turn)
3-Turn 1 Jeff
4- downhill right VIR N
5- Bowl@ Thunderbolt
6- fast right@ Thunderbolt

and now.... THE INFAMOUS SILVER SURFER CRASH!!!!

Fast left kink @ VIR SOUTH July 2009
(a little background)
In the rain, Big Jim (Thunder Ace) comes over & says: Watch the puddle starting at the apex in the kink. What did I do?? RUN right through it!! Back tire is trying to pass front tire but instead of high siding me, bike lays on right side. I'm stuck on left peg of bike caught onto my suit while sliding & spinning down the hill. As told to me later, the bike is leaving a 40ft trail of sparks. I was very happy I had the tank protectors on my '07 R6. That could have possibly been a fatal crash as the protectors were ground all the way through & had scrapes on the tank. The bike & I FINALLY stop & I hop off bike, land on my feet & signal to the corner worker that bike is in middle of track. I step to the side of track, wave off a couple of riders & a CR then grab bike & pull it off track.

As I ride in the rear of crash truck, CR Greg Ahrens (sp?)(Shaggy) runs over screaming "YOU'RE THE MAN!!! YOU'RE THE F-N MAN!!! That was the most awesome crash I've ever seen!!!" I'm looking at him like WTF is wrong with him?!!!? :dunno::dunno:

I found out later that people watching from pit area right across crash location didn't see me still on the bike. My suit & the bike were the same color. Once I hopped off the bike, I was told someone watching shouted: There he is!!!! :wow::wow:

I was told people were screaming & clapping when they finally saw me. Craziest crash for me for sure.
Now that, is some funny sh*&t...hahaha

barry38

Jul 11, 2008
Turn 14 VIR Full Course - Tucked the front on the out lap second session of the day. No injury.
Turn 4 Summit Main. Tucked front end on the out lap first session after lunch. Hit the tire wall under the flag stand at turn 5. Broke my ankle, but didn't know it for 4 months. Still broken now.
Turn 1 NJMP Thunderbolt - Tucked front end (see a theme here??!!) on second lap of session. No injury.

All three of these crashes happen on or one from my birthday. Bad karma I suppose.

Turn 3 at Summit Main. Missed a downshift, trans went into gear and locked rear wheel, pulled in clutch bike snapped straight, went off track, tried to turn up the hill to avoid tire wall, tucked front end, tumble into tire tire wall. Neck was really sore. Which didn't help the previously broken neck from my bicycle accident.

I really consider myself lucky that I only had 4 crashes in over 18K track miles, over 100 track days. Especially since I think Kubricky has crash 4 time in one day. Multiple times.

erick1670

Nov 5, 2008
vinny337;249299 wrote: Yessir...What up "E'
I'll be there braking in my new girl
011-3.jpg

let see how it goes :D

see you there...

Pseudolus

May 31, 2012
Every time I think I'm still rationale and intelligent while having this hobby, a thread like this puts the risks into perspective. Jeeeeeeeeeez! CAN'T WAIT FOR THUNDERBOLT SEPTEMBER 14 & 15!!!!!!:D

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Jul 11, 2008
2007 VIR south fast left kink low side no injury
2008 Summit point Jefferson T5 low side no injury
2009 BeaveRun T9 fast right kink low side broke arm in a few places and shattered elbow (and a few other injuries)
2010 No wrecks!!!
2011 Thunderbolt T1 highside, bruised ribs
2012 Summit main between T4 and T5 went off in the grass (long story) sprained ankle

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Sep 6, 2011
Willow Springs - Broken Ankle, fibula, right arm
Las Vegas - broken bike
Summit Shenandoah - 1 broken thumb, broken hand, bruised ribs

bigkaley

Control Rider
Jul 10, 2008
barry38;249316 wrote: All three of these crashes happen on or one from my birthday.

I'm with you on the birthday crash, Barry....

1st--Summit JC Bus-stop-- 1st full day in Advanced-- to tight to apex and put footpeg on curbing...

2nd--Turn 0..... that's right... Turn 0 at Beaverun.... on my birthday
. 1st time at Beaverun.... (for those that don't know, Turn 0 is Pit out)... made it to the right hand trying to merge onto the track and the brand new, unscuffed, no tire warmer, Dunlop D-208 wasn't having it... got a new Windscreen from Chris Moon off the NESBA trailer as a "birthday present" from my parents who were watching....

3rd-- back in May '12 at Summit Main-- going out to check on Fitz and help out... looking ahead at him and not at where I was, I used front brake.... on the grass.... :notsure:

Succesful track visits:
--Road A
--Barber--ran off Museum corner, but kept it up
--VIR N
--VIR S
--Pocono East
--Pocono FUSA
--Nelson Ledges
--T-bolt
--Lightning
--Jennings--although blew my engine on lap 7 of first day this past year... lovely viewing areas around the track...:rolleyes:

Motofun352

Control Rider
Jul 12, 2008
After reading all this...I'm not feeling so bad :)
VIR-S (broken ribs...now own chest protector)
NJMP Lightning (brand new track...sand....)
NJMP Thunderbolt (Downpour during YRCS)
Summit Main (me being stupid w/throttle)
Summit Main (oil on track)
Beaver Run (blew thru the apex at the carousel)
Beaver Run (too many days on a D209 front...who knew? still looked good)

Not going to list the tracks that I haven't crashed at...jinx's and all that :)

knut

Control Rider
Jul 7, 2009
I must have been lucky......:notsure:

Lightning 2009
VIR S. 2010
Beavrun on my wife's bike 2011
And 2 tracks in Sweden

/Patrick

Dave561

Control Rider
Apr 25, 2014
Summit JC Turn 1, Tankslapped all the way into 1, no injury
Summit JC Turn 2, What's that scraping sound, ooppss, no injury
Summit Main, Turn 9 in the rain, Wow rain tires are awesome, you can drag a ... ooppss, no injury
Beaverun, trurn 5, apparently you must break for the entrance of that turn, no injury
Nelson Ledges Turn 1 times 2 one steel plate and one crazy concussion
MidOH end of back straight, thought that was going to be a bad one, but no serious injury
Barber, no crash but 2 runoffs

Did not crash
Blackhawk Farms
NJMP Thunderbolt
NJMP Lightning
Rd Atl
Barber
Jennings
VIR North
VIR South