Trailer Storage

1up5down

Control Rider
A few questions for folks who may not have space or the ability to keep an enclosed trailer at your residence:
1. Where are you storing your trailer (self-storage...) ?
2. Do you have 24hour access?
3. How did you ensure maximum safety from vandalism, theft, damage...?

For those in the DMV area, specifically in or near Howard or Anne Arundel Counties. Please note your store location or send me a private message. I'm looking at homes in these areas and will need to secure a safe place to store my trailer.

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I've never needed to store my trailer anywhere but at my house. However a few years ago I had to rent a storage unit while we were remodeling. I noticed several trailers, both toy haulers and cargo, parked there. We I asked the owner he told a price that was about 2/3 the price of a large unit. That was to park a toy hauler. He did have security cameras and 24 hour gate access provided you were a paying customer, which then you would be given a gate code. All the trailers were backed up to a fence so you couldn't open the back unless you cut a huge piece out of the fence and cut down a pole. Also the trailers were parked so close together that you couldn't open the side door unless you hooked up and pulled the trailer forward. Hope that helps.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Welcome to the neighborhood Allen!!!! Pasadena in da HOUSE!!!!!!!!

I had mine in a Storage Lot in Crofton. I didn't have 24 hour access, but I never had issues with their hours.
It's parked in front of my house right now, but if I were to put it back in storage, there's a couple places closer to me I've found
since that I'd consider first.

Let me know what your plans are and where you're moving.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I'm not local to you, however, there's a business growing where large unused warehouses are converting over to RV storage for the winter months. I store mine from Nov through March. I just pull the battery and propane. $60 a month. Not heated and only accessible on business days. Locked up buildings with security and out of the snow and sunlight. They are packed in rather tight so it takes me a bit to maneuver it into place.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
A few questions for folks who may not have space or the ability to keep an enclosed trailer at your residence:
1. Where are you storing your trailer (self-storage...) ?
2. Do you have 24hour access?
3. How did you ensure maximum safety from vandalism, theft, damage...?

For those in the DMV area, specifically in or near Howard or Anne Arundel Counties. Please note your store location or send me a private message. I'm looking at homes in these areas and will need to secure a safe place to store my trailer.

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Don't have any suggestions but glad to see you're coming back to the area and see what those west coast boys taught you!

1up5down

Control Rider
Welcome to the neighborhood Allen!!!! Pasadena in da HOUSE!!!!!!!!

I had mine in a Storage Lot in Crofton. I didn't have 24 hour access, but I never had issues with their hours.
It's parked in front of my house right now, but if I were to put it back in storage, there's a couple places closer to me I've found
since that I'd consider first.

Let me know what your plans are and where you're moving.

What's up Darrin! I'm not sure where I'll end up as homes are bit pricey here. I say that and then I have to seriously laugh because home prices here are cheap compared to the ridiculously high Bay area prices. Biggest difference is I knew I couldn't afford anything in the Bay area.

I'm not sure where I'll end up as I'm still looking around. I'm eyeing a fairly good deal on a Townhouse over in Hanover.

Looking forward to seeing you out in the Paddock this season!

1up5down

Control Rider
Don't have any suggestions but glad to see you're coming back to the area and see what those west coast boys taught you!

Emerson, my man! I'm super excited to be back and to get back on my bikes. One of the most unfortunate things about my time out in the Bay area was that I was a little over an hour from Laguna Seca and 1.5 hours from Sonoma Raceway, yet without a bike :mad:. It was too expensive to have a place where I could store my bikes and trailer. So, the babies stayed back east and waited for me to come home:whistle:.

I guess I'll have to go back to picking up bad habits from chasing you, Vin and the rest around. :squid: