Utah backcountry discovery route

denbsteph

I have been looking at getting the BMW F 650 GS for my retirement bike anyway. This just may have sent me over the edge. I have ridden dirt bikes all me life and I have ADVRacer breathing down my neck to take a MAJOR Adventure ride, like 4 Months long.

Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!

Jiggy

Control Rider
at the 6:31 mark of the youtube video, i totally thought he was going to pull off some crazy Moto2 backing-it-in move in the mud......then he eats it.

denbsteph

That was pretty cool. I thought the same thing until the front end turned and set the tone for which direction he was going to go. Still looks like fun.

CptCurt

Fellow NESBA rider Dieselboy and I were fortunate enough to make an 18 day trip out to California this summer - taking back roads and roughing it as much as possible. He bought a VFR and I bought an FZ1 just for the trip (But I can't bring myself to part with mine now. I hate when that happens). Moab Utah was amazingly beautiful and that clip brought back awesome memories. I urge everyone who loves motorcycles to make a trip like ours happen. There is no better way to see, feel, smell, hear, and taste this great country of ours.

denbsteph

CptCurt;261601 wrote: Fellow NESBA rider Dieselboy and I were fortunate enough to make an 18 day trip out to California this summer - taking back roads and roughing it as much as possible. He bought a VFR and I bought an FZ1 just for the trip (But I can't bring myself to part with mine now. I hate when that happens). Moab Utah was amazingly beautiful and that clip brought back awesome memories. I urge everyone who loves motorcycles to make a trip like ours happen. There is no better way to see, feel, smell, hear, and taste this great country of ours.

Did this same sort of thing in 07, got my Saddle Soar certificate on my FZ1 as well on my way back to NE. Did it in 2010 with ADVracer, spent 2 weeks on the road on our way to Nebraska. We rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from NC up into VA, did the Dragon and Cherohola Sky way.