VIR Grand

michicago

Would it be possible for NESBA to add this to the configurations they run next year? Picks up the best parts N/S/Patriot all in one... :cool:

speedfree

:agree:THAT would be bada$$!!! Probably the longest road course..in the US?!?! Isn't Miller long only 3.6? Take a li'l while to find the line around the whole thing...like all day!

physicistkev

Control Rider
Only problem is that you only get about 8 laps in. On an A pace. Maybe 6-7 in I and 5-6 in B. By the time you are getting in your grove, it's time to come off the track.

JVance

I have ran it with cornerspeed in the past. As fas as I know they are the only ones who run it. It is a great configuration. NESBA running it has been brought up before. Not sure if they are not interested or VIR won't rent it to them.

John

michicago

physicistkev;14944 wrote: Only problem is that you only get about 8 laps in. On an A pace. Maybe 6-7 in I and 5-6 in B. By the time you are getting in your grove, it's time to come off the track.
True, but that could be a challenge in its own way. Picking out reference points on a 14 turn track would surely seem easier after doing it on a 68 turn track. :)

I'd like to see NESBA run this, even if it's just once next year to see how everyone likes it. Seems better than never trying it.

JVance

If you've been to VIR on any config you have at least part of the grand figured out. They have the Grand east and the grand west depending on what connectors you want to run. If they would rent it you could forget it on a weekend and probably on a monday or friday, too. I would like to see nesba spend a week at VIR and run a different configuration each day, South, North, Full, Patriot, G-east an G-west...

John

Motofun352

Control Rider
JVance;15069 wrote: If you've been to VIR on any config you have at least part of the grand figured out. They have the Grand east and the grand west depending on what connectors you want to run. If they would rent it you could forget it on a weekend and probably on a monday or friday, too. I would like to see nesba spend a week at VIR and run a different configuration each day, South, North, Full, Patriot, G-east an G-west...

John
Man, whatta vacation that would be! Gonna have to start working on my endurance....6 days in a row.:wow:

physicistkev

Control Rider
John... i would need a new bike before attempting something like that. i would enjoy it but it might kill me on the old beast.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Funny you should ask.

After the effort NESBA went to get me to sign up, the test bikes left for NJ on Sunday afternoon. Soooooo, the bikes were in NJ when my test ride at VIR North was supposed to happen. I double checked the email that was sent to me as confirmation of my test ride and it said Monday at VIR North, yet the truck and bikes were a few hundred miles away on Monday morning.

I did get to ride Troy's 750. I think I lapped about 1 or 2 seconds quicker on South with it then my bike. He wanted me to take the 1k out on North but I wasn't comfortable doing it since I couldn't pay for it if I wrecked it. Not that I would have gone at a breakneck pace, but someone else could hit me or some other odd thing could happen.

All in all I need a newer bike but I just can't bring myself to spend the money on it. Not yet at least. Maybe in a year or two.

Kevin

physicistkev

Control Rider
Troy... your killing me. I can't do it right now :( I just can't spring the money. Like I said, maybe in a year or two I will but I just don't have the funds.

Besides, I think I want to go 600. I will get more satisfaction when I pass all you guys with 2/3's the displacement ;)