VIR Lodging?

wsuduc

Jul 13, 2008
So when you all are at VIR, where do you stay? Camp at the track or do you get a motel close by?

Never been and thought I would pole the experts.

Thanks for any insight.

Tech-D

Jul 16, 2008
I haven't been down to VIR for a few years but when I would do a weekend down there I would camp. There was 1 time that I got a room when the girl I was dating at the time wanted to sleep in a bed.

Camping at the south course is nice, though bring ear plugs and you will hear people pulling in during the night that might wake you up. Plus camping at the track saves $$$ so you can do more track days. :D Plus the facilities for showers are good for getting cleaned up after a long day of sweating on the track.

twin ty

Jul 19, 2008
I stayed at the Lodge on premises in July. I didn't use the (jucuzzi) I don't trust those things, in the summer there were a few insects (ants/spiders) other than that very nice and reasonable. Hope this helps.

Ty

Joe Vital

Jul 12, 2008
Breezy Oaks, a bed and breakfast that caters to racers. They give a NESBA discount too!
(434) 822-5841
2115 Calvary Road
Alton, Virginia 24520

Ask for Linda or Miss Grey

NoBull

Jul 11, 2008
I used to stay at the Lodge and enjoyed that. Can't beat staying at the track.

However, they raised their prices so I've gone back to staying at the SleepInn which is about 15 minutes away in danville. It's the closest hotel that's not the lodge or the B&B above. They have a nice breakfast as well, plus a pool.

1literduceater

Jul 12, 2008
NoBull;17307 wrote: I used to stay at the Lodge and enjoyed that. Can't beat staying at the track.

However, they raised their prices so I've gone back to staying at the SleepInn which is about 15 minutes away in danville. It's the closest hotel that's not the lodge or the B&B above. They have a nice breakfast as well, plus a pool.
Agree with above - I however have just recently started camping (if thats what you want to call it) at the track - that was a great experience and I expect to do that a lot more in the future.

Now when its mid July with night time temps in the upper 70's and as humid as can be I may need to go back to the room thing or find a good friend with a very large trailer that has AC in it!

Rick Johnson

Jul 11, 2008
Camping at the track is great.You just get up and go thru tech.No rushing to get there.I camped there last weekend at the CCS races.It did get pretty chilly at night so bring a good sleeping bag or luckily I brought a small space heater to warm my trailer up since I just sleep in there on a air mattress.Seeing as it's free with Nesba you can't beat it.If you don't know only the North paddock has power.Showers over there are nice too.

wsuduc

Jul 13, 2008
Sweet, I will be on the north paddock!

Looks like it will be a camping weekend! If there is power I can kick in a little space heater in the trailer when I go ghetto style and sleep in my trailer!

Rick Johnson

Jul 11, 2008
You probally won't be able camp at the norht paddock until Sunday night since they at the patriot.Patriot does not have power so bring a generator if you got one.They'll let you go over and use the showers though.