VIR Repavement corner widening ...

bmrboy

Was just reading , NYST Turn 3 improvement .... I wonder how much VIR management has taken into consideration
the needs & wants of the Track day organizations ??? VIR is a world class facility and I understand why they are making
their improvements ..... But I wonder how much they have us Motorcycle guys in mind ??? I'm really looking
forward to riding there ..... Brand new surface , smooth , maybe a little extra banking here & there .. :dunno:

Has VIR management been in contact with NESBA Management and asked for any feedback on what they can do to
make it an even more rider friendly environment ????

I'm not really overly concerned about there improvements .... I would like to think they have provisions in place for
us bike guys ?? Maybe even good enough for the AMA to come back again !!!! :)

Quickone4u

I wouldn't hold your breath on any of that! Last I read on their website and Facebook page was that they were still planning to install the non bike friendly car racing curbs through multiple corners. Also, they were originally planning to move the corner worker station for the oak tree corner to outside the corner near corner exit which would place it near/in runoff area. Unsure if they have changed those plans as quite a few spoke up about this on their Facebook page.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
VIR could improve the facilities by not charging for every stupid little thing possible.

Still waiting to see if they're going to charge to breathe the air there, or if we'll have to bring our own next year.

And this one isn't limited to VIR only:

But why is RV camping more expensive then regular camping?

With a RV, I'm not using your bathroom. Not using your showers. Actually, RV'ers don't use anything other than the space to park. They literally just park there. What the hell?

DUG

#1 Take out the "rumble strip curbs"

#2 TAKE OUT THE FU@K!N "rumble strip curbs"

#3 Find out who thought up the "rumble stip curbs", and choke em.

---Lost a slider puck and tweaked my knee on those abominations---

And I cant believe they charge you to ""temp tag" your pit bike for the weekend.

Quickone4u

DUG;294956 wrote: #1 Take out the "rumble strip curbs"

#2 TAKE OUT THE FU@K!N "rumble strip curbs"

#3 Find out who thought up the "rumble stip curbs", and choke em.

---Lost a slider puck and tweaked my knee on those abominations---

And I cant believe they charge you to ""temp tag" your pit bike for the weekend.
Yeh really! :banghead:

bidwell

VIR management doesn't give a flying fuck about motorcycles and it wouldn't surprise me if they disallowed bikes all together.

Ruhe52

Especially when they read stuff that sounds un appreciative.

Hey those that don't like VIR or how you are treated as a guest or curbing or sand. Hey don't ride it!!!!! Vote with your feet or quit bitching!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonewrench

We hear shit like this all the time in the AMA paddock,Ive gotta be honest guys airing your dirty laundry on the web does nothing for our efforts as a motorcycle club. If we have concerns lets get together and address them as one body. A lot more positive will come from that I assure you. There is NO track that is perfect in every way, that being said, I love racing and race tracks and if you ride you should too. Don't be a dummy about this stuff,I believe the management at these facilities will listen,unfortunately most of these tracks are used by cars with a much larger attendance than we provide and way more times per year. See mob rules, maybe if we had bike events there every weekend they would do more for us. That's no slam on NESBA it's a slam on motorcycle racing and track days. We are the minority not the majority and if we want change we need to prove our worh in my opinion. Just my petty .02

bmrboy

:agree: 110 % with Mike & Chuck ..... I'm sure every track has some kind of issue .....

VIR is spending Millions of $$$$$$$$ to improve it's facility .... North paddock paved .... most of the whole
road coarse resurfaced , corner widening , South paddock extended , with more power outlets ......

We are sooooo lucky to be able to ride there ..... It is one of the Best know , Premiere racing circuits in the Country !!!
and it's getting a face lift ..... Personally If NESBA only rode VIR , I would be there every event !!!!!!!

You know the old saying , You want to play , you gotta pay !!!!!
That ever improvements VIR makes .... Will only be for the better in the long run ....

ALMS series , Daytona Prototype , NASCAR , bring in huge $$$$$$$ not only for the track , but Danville & surrounding
community's ..... The money they make from us track day guys is a mere drop in the bucket !!!!!

So a word to the wise .... making Harsh statements & unappreciative comments does NOT do us any good !!!!!
Especially when Bob is trying buy us track time .... :D

In other words ..... If you want to stay friends with you neighbor ...... DON'T Sheet in his front yard ....
That is all. :)

crash675

VIR is 15 min from my house. Love the track, cant wait to see what it looks like next year. Still one of the hardest tracks for me to (get) very technical compared to others.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I drive 10 hours, each way, just to get to VIR and I do it every chance I get. Best track I've been on. Still haven't figured out how to take turn 5!
Now, if the folks at PIR are upping their game to match their sister track, VIR......that would be too much.:eek:

Quickone4u

I live 20-25 minutes from the track and love it myself, always have. That being said, if I don't agree with something I'm going to state my opinion. Doesn't make it right or wrong, that's the lovely thing about it, we all have them. Speaking of opinions here's another. I don't see any of us really coming together and changing the direction tracks are going with changes they are/will be making to any great extent. Some may if we're lucky but, the truth of it is that they honestly aren't worried about our concerns near as much as we are, which in large part is due to the car side of things as already mentioned. Can't say I blame them for that although it can't be that hard to be a little more accommodating to the bike side of things. So by what some of you are saying is we are just supposed to accept any parts of a track we don't necessarily agree with while standing bent over holding our ankles or we are supposed to go gangbang the track owners into doing things our way?! Not seeing exactly what either of these will accomplish either but hey, you have your opinion on the matter as well and thats just fine. In the end, VIR is still great and I can't wait to get back on the track and back out with Nesba this coming year. I would be on that track every weekend if I could! Not seeing what's wrong with disagreeing with certain choices the track is going through but hey I'm not a Company owner/worker, orginizer,racer,cr or anything along the sorts associated with the business so I don't know shit :)

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
I wish

If I had a ton of money and donated it to the raceway of my choice I bet then they would listen to my concerns! The sqeaky wheel gets the oil... but only if it has good credit! :D

Ruhe52

So by what some of you are saying is we are just supposed to accept any parts of a track we don't necessarily agree with while standing bent over holding our ankles
No really the only option is if you don't like what the tracks are doing then your choice is to not ride it. Unless you own the track you are working under someone else's rules guidelines and format. Knowing that pissing and bitching only serves to turn the owners off to the group that is more than happy to accept things the way they are.

If I had a ton of money and donated it to the raceway of my choice I bet then they would listen to my concerns! The sqeaky wheel gets the oil..
yep and if you had a 15 inch dong you would not be sitting at home alone :D

Taylorr6

If changes are made to the sides of the track? It might be a good idea to stay on the track!! I'm looking forward to the "jumps" :) I heard they're adding between t6 and t7 :). ( that's a joke) so relax and hold your line don't focus on the sides. Just a thought.

Taylorr6;296516 wrote: If changes are made to the sides of the track? It might be a good idea to stay on the track!! I'm looking forward to the "jumps" :) I heard they're adding between t6 and t7 :). ( that's a joke) so relax and hold your line don't focus on the sides. Just a thought.
Have fun, don't crash????? Now there's a novel idea :D