Weather for Summit Sunday

NJKneeSlider

Looks like it is going to be pretty cool and overcast with a chance of . . . dare I say it. . . rain. Just wondering what kinds of things would be useful for a cold, rainy track day that I might not be thinking of. I have my leathers but should I bring my regular riding rain suit to put over it in case of rain? With this being my first track event I was hoping it would be nice and sunny just want to be able to prepare for whatever it is.

fitz

I've only been to two rainy track days, luckily later in the day it cleared up and we had a dry track. I know the pros race in the stuff but from my experience:

1) If it rains during your session you won't want to be on the track anyway especially with the temperatures we are going to have Suday.

2) You won't be thinking about getting wet as much as if your tires are going to stick going into the next turn.

3) Saw someone slip out and highside right in front of me going 15mph (and this was a CR).

4) Rain sucks.

fitz

NJKneeSlider

Yeah lets hope so, cause I've been amped up about this for weeks now, and it looks like Mother Nature wants to f@$k me out of it.

Fitz I was kind of thinking the same thing you were saying about the cold and the rain, but just wanted to convince myself otherwise.

crewnutz

If you have rain tires riding in the rain is actually fun (minus the wet/cold part)

Just like riding in the dry, if you wreck in the rain its still due to rider error 99% of the time. Riding in the rain teaches one to be extra smooth and precise.

Let's just hope the forecast clears up for Sunday, but at this point its not looking good.

Drewbie

crewnutz;89460 wrote: If you have rain tires riding in the rain is actually fun (minus the wet/cold part)

Just like riding in the dry, if you wreck in the rain its still due to rider error 99% of the time. Riding in the rain teaches one to be extra smooth and precise.

Let's just hope the forecast clears up for Sunday, but at this point its not looking good.
:agree: .. I have always enjoyed riding in the rain..Its incredible how much grip you really have with a set of rains.:wow:

FRS8682

Hey guys, anyone have an opinion on how Bridgestone BT002RS tires do in the wet? They are the street oriented tire, but there's no tread on the very edges of the tires? If it rains, am I screwed?

Frank
#50 B Group

Nesba doesn't run Main in the rain to my knowledge, if it seems like it's starting to dry they will, but never if it's wet.

Drewbie

beechkingd;89506 wrote: Nesba doesn't run Main in the rain to my knowledge, if it seems like it's starting to dry they will, but never if it's wet.
NESBA will run Main in the rain. I believe it was in June when it rained and they ran.