What to people use for pit flooring

andykurz

I've seen some nice roll out mats/carpets in the pits that people use to cover the grass/pavement. Where are people finding these?

03bueller

Control Rider
I went to lowes, outdoor carpet section and just had a chunk of outdoor carpet cut out, I'm sure there's nicer stuff out there but I just wanted something so I could walk around in my socks when in a gravel paddock....

Meat

I used to use Swiss Trax and really loved it, but it is one more thing to get out and put together. When I got out of riding a couple years ago, I sold pretty much everything including the Swiss Trax. I use a crappy piece of carpet now.

If you are actually interested in something like Swiss Trax, let me know and I will tell you my impressions of the differences between Swiss Trax and Race Deck, both good products with different advantages and disadvantages.

Meat

For carpet, get a thin piece of plywood to put under it where your bike will go, on soft surfaces. Putting the plywood on top of the carpet can be slick and you can trip on it as well.

Godfather

Wal-Mart

Honestly, go to Wal-Mart. They always have large outdoor rugs on sale. Last year they even had some 12 X 12 AstroTurf for 30 bucks.

Goldie

Biggest damn Persian rug you can find. I'm sure you have seen mines around the pits and folks loves to put on their suits on with carpet under their feet. I have for the trailer as well. Persian rugs at the track is the best thing since potted meat sandmiches! Muahahaha

BTW, I helped someone move and they were throwing out some Persian rugs and one was from a dining room area which was large and had a few food stains from food but perfect for the track. I guess I got lucky eh.

Craigo298er

Meat

Craigo298er;301873 wrote: that looks like the plastic click together stuff. see the tabs at the borders?

Yea, I saw that too, but wasn't going to say anything.

When I raced CCS I mainly saw RaceDeck, or carpet. I've seen SwissTrax and RaceDeck (probably others as well) at the one AMA event I went to (as a spectator).

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
They look great!! if it's the click together mats it seem like a lot of work to look jiggy. That's just me.