wheres da mojo

dbakerpa

So I took a year off, couldnt stand it. I built a new bike, not as fast, but set up as well or better than my last bike. I rode VIR like I had never been there before. Lost the front on an easy outside pass. I couldnt get comfortable on the bike after five sessions.
Anyone else experience this. My last day riding last year I crashed at pretty high speed. My bike any I made it home fine though. I was pretty discouraged this weekend. Im not sure if I was just apprehensive because that was my last experience.

JRA

I think you have set up issues. I remember you could ride that other SV really well. I wish you could ride the two bikes back to back. There is nothing more eye opening to the importance of set up than riding something that is good followed by something that isn't.

Good luck David!

jsin38

Have a suspension guy give it a once over. The new to you bike may be higher/lower at the front/rear or may be rebounding/compressing at a different rate.

FWIW, I loved my old RSV4 on track as long as it wore Pirellis or Bridgestones. I stuck some Dunlop Q2s on at the end of last year and hated every minute on track. Sometimes it's just that simple I think.

(note: this post is not an endorsement for or dig against any tire manufacturer. We all know the nut attached to the seat causes most performance issues. In my case, I went cheap and put harder compound tires on when I was used to softer, stickier rubber)

dbakerpa

jsin38;275279 wrote: Have a suspension guy give it a once over. The new to you bike may be higher/lower at the front/rear or may be rebounding/compressing at a different rate.

FWIW, I loved my old RSV4 on track as long as it wore Pirellis or Bridgestones. I stuck some Dunlop Q2s on at the end of last year and hated every minute on track. Sometimes it's just that simple I think.

(note: this post is not an endorsement for or dig against any tire manufacturer. We all know the nut attached to the seat causes most performance issues. In my case, I went cheap and put harder compound tires on when I was used to softer, stickier rubber)
I guess I will have to have GMD or someone look at it. This is the first frame up build Ive done. It just was really wonky feeling. I didnt expect to get right back on pace but I didnt want to go from 39-40s on the North course to 55-60s. I was thinking maybe I was getting to old. I did manage to tear my biceps off loading the bike but it didnt hurt much while I was riding.