Who's in Summit Point 6-30 to 7-2!!!

JGardy_781

Ducti Jockey;246471 wrote: Diesel high pressure lines?
Think it might be the icp sensor underneath the turbo. Apparently leaks engine oil on the left side of the block when it goes. Not getting a CEL or an ICP failure code, though. Not having the driveability problem that you'd think you'd have if the injection pressure regulated poorly, either. We'll see.

JGardy_781;246476 wrote: Think it might be the icp sensor underneath the turbo. Apparently leaks engine oil on the left side of the block when it goes. Not getting a CEL or an ICP failure code, though. Not having the driveability problem that you'd think you'd have if the injection pressure regulated poorly, either. We'll see.
Had that leak too. Then I went back to a gasser.

Good luck!

ZeroBahamutxRR

JGardy_781;246476 wrote: Think it might be the icp sensor underneath the turbo. Apparently leaks engine oil on the left side of the block when it goes. Not getting a CEL or an ICP failure code, though. Not having the driveability problem that you'd think you'd have if the injection pressure regulated poorly, either. We'll see.
Yeah J. There is a revised ICP sensor. Also there is an revised O-ring for the high pressure injection pump fitting. From memory you have the 6.0 in your truck right? Does it start? Also i've seen the oil sending unit on the back of the valley leak pretty good. Most of the time when somthing leaks, it tends to be slow until the valley fills up. Then you park on a slight incline and it leaks out making it look worse than it is.

JGardy_781

ZeroBahamutxRR;246480 wrote: Yeah J. There is a revised ICP sensor. Also there is an revised O-ring for the high pressure injection pump fitting. From memory you have the 6.0 in your truck right? Does it start? Also i've seen the oil sending unit on the back of the valley leak pretty good. Most of the time when somthing leaks, it tends to be slow until the valley fills up. Then you park on a slight incline and it leaks out making it look worse than it is.
Yeah - 6.0 - does start easily, no CEL, no codes in the ECU - parked it a few nights ago in my driveway which has a downward angle to it (truck is sitting nose down by a decent amount)

Twiztedjester55

Should be a good time weather outlook is suppose to be well over 100* with the heat index:wow: Typical 4th of July weekend at Summit.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I am out for the next 6-8 weeks. Had a bad off at Shenandoah Track in the carousel on Sunday with the Aprilia. Broke my left hand, shattered my left thumb, 2 broken metacarpels in right hand and right wrist. Hopefully I can be ready for the Sept WERA races before the season ends.

Helmet took a beating and they had to cut me out of my leathers;
dsc02689e.jpg

dsc02690o.jpg

dsc02702w.jpg

JGardy_781

Evil Cupcake;246645 wrote: I am out for the next 6-8 weeks. Had a bad off at Shenandoah Track in the carousel on Sunday with the Aprilia. Broke my left hand, shattered my left thumb, 2 broken metacarpels in right hand and right wrist. Hopefully I can be ready for the Sept WERA races before the season ends
ouch - heal up fast...

pickeringr

I'll be joining for 1st time at Summit and doing my 2nd track day. Enjoyed VIR North in June 2011 and sounds like Summit Main is fun as well.

Neovader III

Hey folks, I had a fantastic time at Summit Monday, thanks for all the help from everyone to make my first track day memorable ( and for not making me look TOO slow out there. ^_^). I was number 77 on the White Buell (the only American Iron out there from what I saw). One question though....I forgot to check out the photo guy after the last session, I guess I was so tired I forgot to, and I remembered halfway home. Where can i go to get copys of the pictures he took?

So thanks again to all the control riders, the track officials, the corner workers, all the helpful and awesome people in the paddock, the fast sweedish girl whi blew me away, and my friend Gecko for helping me get there on short notice.
Hope to see everyone again soon!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Awesome weekend! I think we might have had 2 maybe 3 red flags the whole weekend! Everyone rode great!

Here is a vid of the first :a: session after lunch on monday!

http://youtu.be/rIUA4TzlTjQ

I'll post some more vids later

Matilda

Neovader III;247144 wrote: So thanks again to all the control riders, the track officials, the corner workers, all the helpful and awesome people in the paddock, the fast sweedish girl whi blew me away, and my friend Gecko for helping me get there on short notice.
Hope to see everyone again soon!
Good to meet you Rob/Neovader. You have no idea how good it feels to go from being the slowest ever to finally get that bump! :D:D:D

Thanks to Brandon, the other control riders and all the other great people that makes trackdays such an extraordinary experience.

And coming from the 104F at VIR-S Saturday and Sunday, 95F suddenly seemed pretty reasonable even for a Swede. ;)

TProc

Definitely a great day on Monday........
My first day "Guest CR'ing", I worked the B group........ and WOW!!!!! I was surprised at the quality of riders we had in the B group.
You all actually paid attention to the advice I gave on smoothing out the lines on the track, and were very respetful of everyone's safe pass zones.

I had a blast, 13 sessions in all, every B group and all but one A session....... I was beat down, but satisfied.

Thanks again, and hope I helped everyone I lead and chased.....................

Proc.

P.S. And Dave, I WILL do it again, if you all will have me..............................

pickeringr

Had a great day with "B" Group on Monday. I was quite pleased to match Maria's pace for one lap, but consistency is the key and there's a lot to learn. I was still knocking gravel out of my boot from my little adventure in turn 3. At least the rubber stayed down.

Thanks Brandon and Maria for the very helpful advice.

Neovader III

Matilda;247174 wrote: Good to meet you Rob/Neovader. You have no idea how good it feels to go from being the slowest ever to finally get that bump! :D:D:D

Thanks to Brandon, the other control riders and all the other great people that makes trackdays such an extraordinary experience.

And coming from the 104F at VIR-S Saturday and Sunday, 95F suddenly seemed pretty reasonable even for a Swede. ;)
It was great meeting you Matilda, hopefully we'll have the chance to go wheel to wheel again when (if) I get bumped to Intermediate as well! ^_^

Hope to see you and everyone else at the next track day I do....and yes, you're all right...I have the sickness now. Hopefully next time I'll be better prepared.

tdelegram

Control Rider
TProc;247202 wrote: Definitely a great day on Monday........
My first day "Guest CR'ing", I worked the B group........ and WOW!!!!! I was surprised at the quality of riders we had in the B group.
You all actually paid attention to the advice I gave on smoothing out the lines on the track, and were very respetful of everyone's safe pass zones.

I had a blast, 13 sessions in all, every B group and all but one A session....... I was beat down, but satisfied.

Thanks again, and hope I helped everyone I lead and chased.....................

Proc.

P.S. And Dave, I WILL do it again, if you all will have me..............................
Travis, thanks again for the pointers, Tom RC8R pitted across from you.

Neovader III

pickeringr;247241 wrote: Had a great day with "B" Group on Monday. I was quite pleased to match Maria's pace for one lap, but consistency is the key and there's a lot to learn. I was still knocking gravel out of my boot from my little adventure in turn 3. At least the rubber stayed down.

Thanks Brandon and Maria for the very helpful advice.
Ahah! I was wondering where that dust cloud in the left side of turn 4 came from!

Glad you stayed upright. ^_^