Will my suit pass tech?

MrFrzz

slow and wide
So, I am trying to get ready for my first TD, and I'm focusing on the bike, but I need to check my gear as well.

I had my first wreck last July in North Carolina - The bike made it out with only about $60.00 in parts needed, but I ended up with two surgeries and some metal in my leg. Luckily I was wearing my suit when I went down, but now I'm a bit worried that it wont pass tech.

suit is an AGV Sport podium, all leather w/ neoprene panels. none of the leather wore through, but the worst place on the suit is on the hip/ leg. Hopefully Pic will be accepted and will show.

Disclaimer - I was actually taking an advanced safety class from a friend. He was on a Goldwing. He made it through the turn. I wasnt trying to drag a knee or be Rossi, just had bad body position, peg started grinding, and I tried to stay in it as long as i could. Peg gave up the ghost; I think it took just enough weight off the back tire, which just washed out from under me. I went down, slid into a small retaining wall off the side of the road. Broken ankle, leg, and two compression fractures in my back. Learned a lot in just 2 seconds or less.

Attachments

• KIMG0208.JPG
    KIMG0208.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 46

JBallz

Glad to see you are getting back on the saddle, But more importantly glad to see you are OK and recovered.

That will pass tech. If you are not comfortable with it, I would send it to Lizzys leathers. They do amazing work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Abrasion on the leather is common place and will not have a problem at technical inspection. When the leather has holes or seams are busted, that's what doesn't pass tech.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
That was my only concern since that top stitch had been hit. The second layer under the fold is still good and it isnt pulling apart, so hopefully I keep it that way.

bmart

Control Rider
That suit should be fine. It is worth looking t the stitching to ensure it wasn't worn off. I spent a few hours over the break fixing one of mine for that reason.