Woodcraft Clip On Install '05 R6 WTF!!

machdw69

No matter what i try on the throttle side i can not get these to line up and clear everything. the metal throttle cable tubes under the kill switch box keep hitting the fairing. If i rotate the bar back the cables pull or kink and if i rotate forward they get in the way of the brake lever. it seems the only option is to go above the triple clamp which seems wrong to me as there is not enough fork tube sticking out to for the clip ons to gain full puchase.

anyone done this on a 2005 R6? Please Help.:banghead:

machdw69

double checked this morning and the part # is correct. they told me to try a few angle adjustments and it made it worse.

i took pics and sent off to Woodcraft. i just don't see a way that these things can work on this bike.

BillFred

I put some on my 03 R6. I can't remember that many problems. I did put mine below the triple.
I wish I could offer some help. Good luck. Maybe check the Wera board also.

JohnS

Got em on my 03 R6 and the cable adjusters rub on the fairing a bit at almost full turn to the right nothing major, but it is my track bike so I never cared.
My buddy jack had em on his old 03 R6 but his fairings did not wrap over the top like mine so there was nothing there to hit.

Are you using these with stock plastics? I dont really think they are made to work with them.

machdw69

yeah, i'm using stock plastics. some pics i've seen online are mostly of the '02,'03,'04 and the horizontal fairing covers are all deleted on those. i've gone ahead and deleted mine as well because it would actually bend unde the force of the throttle cable tubes at anywere close to full lock. i also had to removed my headlight assembly to avoid hitting that as well.

in conclusion, i think that during my last wreck the fairing stay got bent back and down a little, possibly causing the clearance issues up front with the headlight assembly but as for the fairing cover you might be right about them not beign designed for stock plastics. after all, the stock clip ons are meant to go about 1.5 in. higher than these and at a different angle.

now i just have two huge holes were my headlights used to be and i'm going to use duck tape to fill the gaps. anyone have any other ideas until i get race plastics?

On my R6 I had the throttle tube turned so the cables were higher and went above the fairing. Yes, it made the kill switch and starter in an awkward place, but I only used those when starting the bike. I have actually seen the R6 throttle turned to where the cables were on the top of the clip on.