Would you come back to NESBA?

nk140

some guy #2;255180 wrote: lol, as soon as I typed that I knew it sounded...off

I try to forget that trip to Nelson's as much as possible :p
I hope you are trying to forget it. Too many bad things for you.

mpz

Yes, although technically I never left. Even my 3 year membership does not expire until sometime in 2013 :rolleyes:

cbrracing129

I've never even ridden with Nesba, but I attended a Nesba track day as a spectator and thought it was ran really well. Plus, I've heard good things. Also, it would be nice to have another option for a track days around here especially up in Wisconsin. More weekends equal a lot more flexibility and ease of finding a track day that fits your schedule

jason8887

I would absolutely ride with them again. I attended the Iowa speedway event this summer and that's the only one.... My three primary tracks (besides Iowa speedway) would be BHF, RA and AutoBahn

Jason

749scott

I would ride w/ NESBA as much as the checking account would allow me too. I too thought about racing until I saw how it was run, not impressed...

PS. I used to look at this site almost every lunch break, this was the first time I checked this site since the end of July.

Domenic

I am still riding with NESBA. Only now I have to travel 4-6 hours longer to get down south. I am sure getting used to that southern hospitality y'all. Riders are fast and the BBQ rocks.

stkr

It's at least good to see there's an interest. I'm not holding my breath in hopes of a comeback though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beac83

NESBA Midwest was viable and had a positive cash flow as near as I can tell. It seems that dropping the schedule was more of a business direction decision (a decision to consolidate attention on the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regions) than one forced by financial non-performance of the Mid-West region.

While that's certainly within the management's right to decide, there are many Mid-West Customers who liked, appreciated and are willing to again turn out and use the NESBA product. A schedule made up of Putnam, Blackhawk, and one other track (Grattan?) would likely be very well received and attended.

pearsonm

Maybe 50/50 for me, if even that. I got burned out, especially on the never-ending arms race and 'necessary' equipment. I certainly don't regret my time with NESBA, but I don't see myself going back to 15 days a year on race equipment.

z064life

beac83;256065 wrote: NESBA Midwest was viable and had a positive cash flow as near as I can tell. It seems that dropping the schedule was more of a business direction decision (a decision to consolidate attention on the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regions) than one forced by financial non-performance of the Mid-West region.

While that's certainly within the management's right to decide, there are many Mid-West Customers who liked, appreciated and are willing to again turn out and use the NESBA product. A schedule made up of Putnam, Blackhawk, and one other track (Grattan?) would likely be very well received and attended.
I'd like to add Mid Ohio and Road America...since I want to do both of those next year :D

z064life

pearsonm;256201 wrote: Maybe 50/50 for me, if even that. I got burned out, especially on the never-ending arms race and 'necessary' equipment. I certainly don't regret my time with NESBA, but I don't see myself going back to 15 days a year on race equipment.
what necessary equipment? You mean gear?

pearsonm

z064life;256205 wrote: You mean gear?
Really? No, not the gear that separates me from the Sausage Monster.

Showing up with anything less than a race-prepped four-cylinder is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Of course you've got to run slicks which means warmers and a generator. Now you need a trailer and a bigger vehicle to haul it all with and somewhere to store it.

I'm done spending that much time and money, no matter what track day organization.

z064life

pearsonm;256206 wrote: Really? No, not the gear that separates me from the Sausage Monster.

Showing up with anything less than a race-prepped four-cylinder is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Of course you've got to run slicks which means warmers and a generator. Now you need a trailer and a bigger vehicle to haul it all with and somewhere to store it.

I'm done spending that much time and money, no matter what track day organization.
Say what?? I know several guys that don't run warmers and don't run slicks (I don't run slicks either). Not sure why you think those things are requirements...

Trackdays are expensive I'll give you that

mpz

pearsonm;256206 wrote: Showing up with anything less than a race-prepped four-cylinder is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Of course you've got to run slicks which means warmers and a generator.
:notsure: