Yet another newbie asking questions...

hondafan74

Hello All,

My name is Matt and I am in Charlotte NC. I have signed up for a track day in August and just want to make sure I am prepared. Hopefully i want to sound ignorant....

1. I noticed some track day sign up forms and waiver forms. Are these something I have to send in prior to the event or bring to the event? I have already registered and paid for the day online.

2. Are tire warmers a necessity for a beginner track rider and if so where can i get a cheap pair?

3. Is there any particular kinda of tape for my lights etc that is easy to get off but durable for the days ride?

4. Is it ghetto if i using black electrical tape to spell out my bike number on my bike, or is one provided/recommended by nesba (size requirements etc)?

I have been riding on the street for years and i look forward to meeting kewl people and becoming a better rider.

Thanks for your help ya'll,

Mattj

krw

1. you will get an event notification a week out. it will include the form you need to sign and bring with you

2. no, not at all

3. a lot of guys use painters tape

4. electrical tape should be fine for the number as long as it sticks well

If you just got your membership, you should get a manual in the mail that spells it out along with your membership card and such. You can also view the rider manual here:
http://www.nesba.com/Info/Typical.htm (bottom right hand side)

This is a great group and you'll have a great time. One more thing, don't ride your bike to the track if you can help it. You will be tired at the end of the day and you should be prepared just in case.

HTH

LUCKEDUCK

you should just have to take the signed form nesba emails you the week ok your event,no you really don't need tire warmers if your running street tires,blue painters tape works great for the lights cause it doesn't leave glue residue plus its holds on at 140 haha, electrical tape ghetto?? Idk Maybe haha you can do that just make sure you make them the size nesba requires in the manual... And no nesba doesn't provide you the numbers.. Welcome to the addiction!!! And a empty wallet!!! Hahaha

dfaldridge

Krw and Luckeduck pretty much answered it, I will add this though. Just take it slow no matter how comfortable you feel. I've been street riding for twenty years and I've been a motor officer for five years. I teach other motor officers and nothing on the street will prepare you for track riding. A whole new technique and it takes time to develop it. I still have alot to learn! hahaha

Welcome to a great familly...

geckert

Check your local hardware store for numbers. I found some VERY cheap number stickers for my bike. Just use painters tape for the background and stick the numbers on there. I think I get 7 sheets with numbers 0-9 for like 2 bucks.

Meat

I would say everyone covered it. You really don't need much in the beginning, other than your bike, gear, a canopy (for shade), gas, tape.....I think that is about it.

You may want to disconnect your headlight and tail lights because they may fail you for tech if the brake light shows through.....which is no big deal because you will have an entire paddock full of people that will help you with whatever you need if you just ask.

Which track are you going to in August?

HighWay

Welcome to NESBA.

What dates are you going to and who are you going with? I'm also in Charlotte.

Vitamin_J

And, everyone in the paddock will be super helpful. We were all there at one point. Welcome to the addiction, your going to have a blast!

hondafan74

Hey Highway,

I am doing my first track day on Aug 24, VIR north. So far its just me. I ride with a disjointed group and none of them do track days. Depending on how the 24th goes, i was going to try and do several more through the rest of the year. I have a 7 x 16 trailer, so if you have buddies that wanted to share the gas...i can get us there. I also have 5000w generator but no tire warmers which i will probably hold off on til next year. Look forward to meeting new people to ride with in Charlotte, i am just returning from VA.