Your Dream Race Suit

bfolkerts

We've decided to step it up a notch this year, and are almost done developing our newest model, the Valencia.

It's based off of our RR1 - our high end suit from this year - but with quite a few added features.

• -Full perforation
  • -Brass Zippers throughout suit
  • -Steel external armor on shoulders, elbows, forearms and knees
  • -Lighter weight CE2 interior armor-Added more accordion stretch panels down side of suit (side to side mobility) and on the back of the calf (for wide variance in calf sizes)-Upgraded the collars and cuffs to a soft, stretchy neoprene-Added pockets in the chest, and snaps in the back to attach chest / back protectors
We have the option of using kangaroo, doing a double zipper (Vanson style), and adding a camel-back.

As we're finishing up - I wanted to check with the masses to see if there are any features you'd look for in a top end suit?

Keep in mind - I plan to compete against the A* Race Replica, Dainese and Spidi suits.

Our price will be from ~$1200-1500 depending on the level of customization.

Thanks for the help - it's always much appreciated!!

Mikey75702

The air bag thing would be awesome. I have been thinking about one of those vests that was posted on here a while back.

TheGrouch

Camelbak would be great. Would love to grab a sip down the front straight. Just leaving the aero hump hollow and putting a flap over a 3"x4" opening at the top would be a great benefit. Buyers can choose to add their own bladder if they like.

gkotlin

I have huge calves. Put more kevlar or something on the lower leg to make it thinner and fit into the boot.

greeny

bfolkerts;165169 wrote: [*]-Added more accordion stretch panels down side of suit (side to side mobility) and on the back of the calf (for wide variance in calf sizes)
this stuff is the best! i'd suggest putting some above the knees as well.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'm not understanding the snaps for chest/back protectors? Can't quite picture it. Are they necessary? Metal snaps, attached to the inside of the suit? Most back and chest protectors used on the track don't need to be attached to the suit, as they have waist/shoulder straps. And then if you wanted to attach it, you'd have to get a corresponding snap put on the back protector in the exact same spot. How about velcro inside instead for that purpose? Unless I'm missing something? :confused:

slowpoke

^^ A* currently has the snaps in most of their suits. The higher end ones come w/ a back protector that snaps in and doesn't have shoulder straps. i know of some people that like the snap-in option. personally, i prefer the shoulder straps.

j_fuggin_t

slowpoke;165280 wrote: ^^ A* currently has the snaps in most of their suits. The higher end ones come w/ a back protector that snaps in and doesn't have shoulder straps. i know of some people that like the snap-in option. personally, i prefer the shoulder straps.
not to mention the one that comes with it isn't that great, i have the a* chest/back combo that came out last year much better

bfolkerts

Good info!

Airbags- out of my budget for a while - I believe Spidi makes a nice vest that fits over the suit - it would cost us tens of thousands to develop these - then i have more liability to worry about.

Grouch - it's Ti on the outside, and steel on the inside for the exterior armor
Grouch - we do offer a camelbak option - still perfecting the hole size, etc

Greeny - yep - there's accordion above the knees as well. In all - we have it down the torso, in the back shoulders, elbows, knees and calves

HondaGal - a lot of people that purchase our custom suits, are currently wearing the A* Race Replica suit. They put pockets in the chest liner for chest protectors, and snaps in the rear for the back protector. It only costs us a few dollars per suit to put them in - and it's an easy transition for the old A* guys. More of a convenience factor for them. I use the shoulder strap type - but the snaps don't get in the way or anything.

Also - one thing I forgot to mention - we also started putting a patch of grippy material on the inside the knee. For most - it eliminates the need for stomp grip...probably one of my favorite new features!

Thanks again!

rk97

what about a dual zipper option?

I've literally pulled a muscle in my back trying to contort my way out of a sweaty suit... I think Vanson has that as an option, and while i've never tried one on, it looks like it must be so much easier.

bfolkerts

bfolkerts;165169 wrote:
We have the option of using kangaroo, doing a double zipper (Vanson style), and adding a camel-back.
Yep - they are getting more and more popular for guys.

booboo1

We gonna get any pics? When you say custom how custom does that mean? Like in fitting. I have an off the rack frank t and it's ok but because I'm tall and thin, it tends to bunch up a bit. And is loose in areas, so If and when I crash I think it will not do well.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Interesting about the snaps. Limits you to a certain back protector, but, as you said, they're not in the way, so you don't have to use that certain protector.

Grippy stuff on the inside of the knees is an awesome idea!!!!

geekmug

bfolkerts;165169 wrote:
  • -Added more accordion stretch panels down side of suit (side to side mobility) and on the back of the calf
  • (for wide variance in calf sizes)
I think that is a misfeature that has gotten too widespread of acceptance. Or maybe I am the only person that has gotten their foot pinned under their bike and had the back of their calf worn through. After that, I bought the first suit I could find that had a full-leather calf (leather accordion-panel instead of stretch fabric). :dunno: