Your Pit / Paddock / weekend setup

PJZOCC624

tittys04;171502 wrote: fool me once... shame you you, fool me twice... well... you just shouldn't fool me, it's not nice.

:haha:
:eek: Actually, I bought all 3 at the same time, but yeah!

tristatejames

Low Budget

Take note of beach umbrella zip-tied to rental.

IMAGE_042.jpg

dbakerpa

trickyricky;171431 wrote: :adore: This is no lie! This man moves to the track! :agree:
Ricky I got it all insulated an RV window installed and a pop up table. It will be a Winebago pretty soon. If I get a 600 next year I may have to put it on the roof.
I like Vinnys set up with matching back up bikes.

j_fuggin_t

greeny;171524 wrote: haha you're gonna have to do better than that. i forget tons of good stuff in that camper every weekend. i bet dean is rockin' my gore-tex shoes in the snow as we speak. :D
:notsure: ok ok $5, potato chips, 24 pack of gatorade & some chain wax :D

trailmug

I generally only pay attention to the width of a "camp." No one can really use the space behind you. Why anyone would need wider than a 10' section of the paddock road for a single rider confuses me. (And yes, I am picking on people with campers who park parallel to the paddock road.)

TDA

I went the Uhaul route for most of the year. 19 bux for a trailer that you don't have to store was a pretty good deal. As I accumulated more stuff, and found that hotels and other expenses were mounting up, I decided to get a toy hauler. So now I have a home and garage on wheels. :)

j_fuggin_t

Alot of the ppl that I know that park sideways typically have 3-5 ppl that are in their pit with them, it doesn't really bother me all that much as most of the tracks have alot of pit space in the paddock.

avizpls

#11-A
^ Yeah, I get that. If they are using the space for the number of people involved, OK. Either way, I dont make an issue out of it. But I notice when one guy is taking up a 45 foot section of paddock space.

dbakerpa

avizpls;171673 wrote: ^ Yeah, I get that. If they are using the space for the number of people involved, OK. Either way, I dont make an issue out of it. But I notice when one guy is taking up a 45 foot section of paddock space.
Me too but part of it is jealousy for the bad ass 45 foot toy hauler the have parked there. :D

scrub

Control Rider
greeny;171524 wrote: haha you're gonna have to do better than that. i forget tons of good stuff in that camper every weekend. i bet dean is rockin' my gore-tex shoes in the snow as we speak. :D

correction: NEXT to. very close to, but definitely not "with". haha
Nope. not rockin those sweet shoes. Tucker chewed up the left one and dropped a turd in the other.

j_fuggin_t

scrub;171726 wrote: Nope. not rockin those sweet shoes. Tucker chewed up the left one and dropped a turd in the other.
that dog is the coolest lab ever birthed, so uhh can i have jordan's spot now?? :D

scrub

Control Rider
j_fuggin_t;171727 wrote: that dog is the coolest lab ever birthed, so uhh can i have jordan's spot now?? :D
Yeah, he's got his priorities straight. Of course you can have Jordan's spot..........uhhh wait, aren't you riding a Kawi instead of a Honda now?

jfeagin

As the OP was looking for what us small-timers do, here's my contribution. Sorry I don't have any pics of the setup, just never got around to taking any.

I drive a Honda Element and tow a 5x8 open trailer I bought from Lowe's. It is setup to handle two bikes side-by-side, or one in the middle, all on Pit Bull TRS. Sometimes I get wound up enough to actually ride around on a Saturday evening. Anyway, I usually pull enough off the pit lane to make space for my canopy and put the trailer next to my car. Depending on the surface, I'll move onto the pavement some for a place to park the bike.

The canopy, which is a Coleman five-sided one, goes up at the rear of the car. The car and trailer can be three points for tie-down, my toolbox is a fourth. I've been known to use my bike for a tie-down, too, or else my five-gallon gas can as long as it's half-full or more.

My car is really cool in some ways. The seats can be laid out (front to back) to make a pretty comfortable bed. I always camp in it. The rear cargo area cover comes up and has legs to make a table (Honda accessory!). That's where I put my camp stove and other stuff as needed.

This fall, I built a work table for the garage out of plywood. It just slots together and I might bring it with me so as not to be lying on the ground when adjusting the chain or some such.