Search results

1. Yamaha851

Any good reason why Sebring hates motorcycles?

Don't know the actual answer, but I raced a car there a few years ago. Track surface is super bumpy. I would be afraid of my bike chattering out from under me if my suspension setup was anything less than perfect.
  2. Yamaha851

New to Endurance

Otto man you might have me convinced, relay would be way easier to get into. All I need is a couple friends with 600s.
  3. Yamaha851

New to Endurance

Thanks for the info. Something about running the same bike all race is more appealing to me, kind of the true sprit of endurance racing. I've got an older R6, I like to cruise on the slower end of your A group. Definitely not expecting a podium but would like to try this kind of racing rather...
  4. Yamaha851

New to Endurance

Wanting to try an endurance race later this year. I'm aware that I can get a race license through N2, and I've ready through the WERA rule book for bike prep. I'm left with a couple questions... Are the race usually 4 hours? All I see on the schedule is which track/day the race is on. Can...
  5. Yamaha851

Supermoto at Robling Road?

Thanks for the info, I was thinking it was a smaller track. Maybe I'll try Shennendoah or something else.
  6. Yamaha851

Supermoto at Robling Road?

I've got a 2 cycle YZ250 supermoto I'm planning to run with Motogladiator this season, I'm wondering if I can test at Robling Road in March. Thanks!
  7. Yamaha851

Road Atlanta Recap

This is my second weekend, so third and fourth days with N2. I appreciate the schedule always staying on time. There's no question who is on track and when I'm next. It makes things very easy even without a PA. I was all little disappointed about a 2 hour lunch (I know, city rules) but you...
  8. Yamaha851

Riding in the rain

Simple enough, thanks for the quick replies. Think a regular rain jacket would be ok? Maybe with a little duct tape modification so it doesn't flap around in the wind too bad...
  9. Yamaha851

Riding in the rain

I've been looking at the weather, sounds like we'll have some rain Saturday morning at Road Atl. That's got me thinking, is there anything you guys do to dry your leathers after rain or any product to recondition the leather once it's dry? I'm excited to get out of my comfort zone and ride a...
  10. Yamaha851

Road Atlanta Air Fence

I'm planning to show up around 4-5. I'd be happy to help.
  11. Yamaha851

Roll Call - Road Atlanta Oct. 20-21

Anybody know which pit lane we use at Road Atlanta?
  12. Yamaha851

Getting ready

What do you wear under your leather? I'll rent my suit the first time or two, I'm guessing I want to wear long sleeve wicking pants and shirt, and a back protector?
  13. Yamaha851

Getting ready

Thanks for the input, I've been here two days and have no doubt this will be a great group to ride with and learn from.
  14. Yamaha851

Getting ready

Thanks for the response everyone. I was able to try a couple boots at cycle gear earlier today, I'm curious how shifting will feel wearing a full boot. May have to adjust technique a little, I've never worn a boot taller than the ankle before I'm hesitant to dump a lot of money into this bike...
  15. Yamaha851

Getting ready

Hey, I'm getting ready for my first track day on a motorcycle, CMP September 1st. I'm prepping a new-to-me 2004 Yamaha R6, I was wondering if there was any definite measurements for remaining tread depth, brake pad thickness, etc? I don't want any surprises during tech. I'm also wondering...