1st TD VIR 7/4/09!!!

Quickone4u

All I can say is I am definately hooked,wow!!! I pretty much new I was hooked even before I got out there but afterwords, there is no question. I freaking love VIR South. I started the day of a little excited/nervous and got out the first session pretty good. I was picking up speed good and actually learning the track pretty quick. Second session I continued to pick up the pace and was having a blast hooking up with the CRs and running around. I noticed that I was a bit off the line and the way I was looking through the turn coming into and out of oak tree and kept running wider and wider there. I beleive I was behind the CR with Jonboy on his shirt in beginner with the #10 black bike coming through oak tree again and sure enough, I ran it wide and ran off the edge into the dirt.:doh::banghead: I kept it up and got back onto the track with the CR motioning for me to pit in. I did so and he pretty much told me what I knew but just wasn't doing. I needed to look as deep as I could through the turn and adjust my line through there to bring me back in where I need to be. When out after the talk and immediately fixed the problem. Thanks so much to the CR for pulling me and pointing me in the right direction. After that,I carried the advice through the rest of the track and continued to get more and more comfortable and progress. I soon hooked up and ran a few laps in a couple different sessions with a CR on a red cbr and Red Tommy Gun arai helmet (Sorry I suck with names) I had a blast running with you and greatly appreciate all advice received in the pits afterwords. I was breaking a bit early into one and you came up the inside of me to show me how hard I really could get into there. I followed your advice and by the last few sessions had pushed my braking marker further down which I was very happy with because it was helping me get through turn one deeper better. By the afternoon sessions I was feeling really good about how I had been progressing and felt like I was doing good in the sessions following lunch. I beleive I hooked up with the CR Earl on a red, I think Aprilla and proceded to run laps with him. What a great time and thank you also for the comments and advice afterwords. I have to say without a doubt,this was the most fun and excitement I've had in my life and I've done quite a bit. Big props and many thank yous to all the amzing CRs for there great help,advice, and patience. I know and feel I improved a great bit on my riding throughout the day and couldn't be happier. Also, I really enjoyed meeting and riding woth many of you other fine ladies and gentlemen out there. It was great meeting you and riding with you when I did Kervin(Goldie) congrats on the bump! Would love to see some of the footage you got throughout the day. Also the fellow pitted beside me with the goldish/pewter colored Kawasaki Z1000, I beleive #77, I really enjoyed running with you during the day. You seemed like the fella I hooked up most with and it was a blast. Sorry again, I suck with names. I couldn't have asked for a better day,did I mention wow! Thanks you all again and can't wait to do it again. Also glad nobody was really hurt during the day with the few crashes thankfully,hope to see you all out there soon!

B. Myers

where you the guy that had his buddies with him that won't riding...and came up to our pit area a few times???

Kevin thought you got bumped too... ???

Good to meet you and glad you had fun....

Quickone4u

B. Myers;67177 wrote: where you the guy that had his buddies with him that won't riding...and came up to our pit area a few times???

Kevin thought you got bumped too... ???

Good to meet you and glad you had fun....
Yes sir, that was me. Good to meet you also, I'm sorry I don't remember your name but, look foward to meeting yall again. I'm Mike by the way. Been trying to get my tard friends out there but they haven't done it yet. Yeh, I did get bumped during the second to last beginner session and got to ride in the last intermediate session. That was a blast! I wasn't sure of the etiquette of mentioning it myself so I didn't. Like I said, I could't have been more pleased with the day:D

B. Myers

congrats.... Kevin said you were railing...

First time I had been out in a year...I had alot of rust to shake off. Glad I didn't get bumped back to "B"... lol Hope I didn't hold too many people up- just working on getting back in the flow.

Let me know what days you are doing rest of the year...IIRC, you are 30 minutes from the track? I'm about 60, so we are both fairly close.

email addy is bmyers0496 at jetbroadband dot com

See ya out there..

Brian

danch

Quickone4u;67179 wrote: Yeh, I did get bumped during the second to last beginner session and got to ride in the last intermediate session. That was a blast! I wasn't sure of the etiquette of mentioning it myself so I didn't.
Feel free to brag - getting bumped to NESBA's I group your first day is worth bragging about!

Quickone4u

B. Myers;67200 wrote: congrats.... Kevin said you were railing...

First time I had been out in a year...I had alot of rust to shake off. Glad I didn't get bumped back to "B"... lol Hope I didn't hold too many people up- just working on getting back in the flow.

Let me know what days you are doing rest of the year...IIRC, you are 30 minutes from the track? I'm about 60, so we are both fairly close.

email addy is bmyers0496 at jetbroadband dot com

See ya out there..

Brian
Thank you! Yeh, I was definately stoked about getting the bump for sure. Yep, 30 minutes from the track, I love that place. I'm hoping to get out there again probably in october for the patriot course. I would have done the days in august but I'm going to be at the beach. Oh how I wish I was coming to VIR:doh: Email is onequickgsxr@yahoo.com Look foward to running with you.

Quickone4u

danch;67203 wrote: Feel free to brag - getting bumped to NESBA's I group your first day is worth bragging about!
Thanks you! Needless to say, I was very happy to receive the bump and look foward to continuing to improve. I don't think I could have been happier with the day or asked for more!!!:adore: Thanks again to all the wonderful CRs, yall are the best:adore:

junktionfet

I think there might be a few pics with you in my pile of pictures from Pics Of You. Good to know a name with a bike. We're all so anonymous out there.

Quickone4u

junktionfet;67222 wrote: I think there might be a few pics with you in my pile of pictures from Pics Of You. Good to know a name with a bike. We're all so anonymous out there.
Ain't that the truth. I wanted to get around more then I did but, more then that I wanted to make sure I was rested and hydrated for the next session seeing as it was my first day. I wanted to be extra cautious of that so I could really stay focused on the track. I think there may have been a few pics with you in some of mine also. I haven't bought my picsofyou pics yet but have some personal shots also. If I find any with you, I'll let you know.

Goldie

Congrats Mike on your bump! You were riding great! I got some video, but haven't had the time to view them to see if you were in any but I will send you a link if found. There were some super duper fast fuckers in the "I" group "Granted I was a newbie to the "I" group". It’s been a while since I’ve ridden the South course so I was down on speed, but by the end of the day I manage a 1:22.10 which I think is descent. Mike consider doing the FULL Course with NESBA on Oct 19th instead of Patriot. I will be there since the FULL is one of my favorites! Fun fun fun circuit to end the season with!!!

B Myers, got some footage of you, so once I edit and post I will send you a link. Other than that…A++++++++ to NESBA for an outstanding TD to include the great CR’s. Thanks to CR Dan for the coffee…That shaved 5 seconds off my lap times..Mauahahaha…

Quickone4u

Goldie;67245 wrote: Congrats Mike on your bump! You were riding great! I got some video, but haven't had the time to view them to see if you were in any but I will send you a link if found. There were some super duper fast fuckers in the "I" group "Granted I was a newbie to the "I" group". It’s been a while since I’ve ridden the South course so I was down on speed, but by the end of the day I manage a 1:22.10 which I think is descent. Mike consider doing the FULL Course with NESBA on Oct 19th instead of Patriot. I will be there since the FULL is one of my favorites! Fun fun fun circuit to end the season with!!!

B Myers, got some footage of you, so once I edit and post I will send you a link. Other than that…A++++++++ to NESBA for an outstanding TD to include the great CR’s. Thanks to CR Dan for the coffee…That shaved 5 seconds off my lap times..Mauahahaha…
Awesome man, Thanks! You were rolling yourself. Yeh,when I got out with "I" there were definately a few that were blitzing the others but it felt good to be out there and running with them though. I can't wait to get out there and work on learning from them and getting even better. Definately get me some links to the vids wether I'm in them or not, I would love to see some video from the day either way. I may just have to swing the Full course if funds will allow it. I forgot that was one in october also. I appreciate the compliments man and it was nice to meet and ride with you. I look foward to doing it again as soon as I can:popcorn:

rk97

Goldie;67245 wrote: Thanks to CR Dan for the coffee…That shaved 5 seconds off my lap times..Mauahahaha…
wait wait wait... a Control Rider got coffee for YOU? Lenny convinced me i'd get bumped 20% sooner if i got coffee for HIM. :dunno: ;)

Goldie

rk97;67283 wrote: wait wait wait... a Control Rider got coffee for YOU? Lenny convinced me i'd get bumped 20% sooner if i got coffee for HIM. :dunno: ;)

hahahaha..Yea Dan is a cool dude! He probably felt sorry for me since I rolled into the pits a little after midnight, made a pally on the floor in my van, and was looking pretty rough that morning. That floor was rough on me. First time sleepin in the van and next time a air mattress is a must.:doh:

Quickone4u

superkain;67564 wrote: The copper 77 bike was Jeff (zuluhour). that guy is pure gold, man. he's from Raleigh/Cary area.
Yeh,he really seemed like a nice guy when I was talking to him while waiting on our session to start in the pits. Had alot of fun riding with him, he was running pretty good. Seemed like each session we found each other and would run for a while,lots of fun!