bad day at VIR video

bmrboy

I was just watching this video that secret squirrel sent me ........ holy chaos & mayhem !!!!!!!!
Myself & Godfather rode through the debris field, dust hadn't even settled yet, you talk about carnage ...
pieces, parts,bodies, bikes,everywhere,pretty scary stuff,it looks like a chain reaction cluster f-ck
what do you think was the cause ??????????? I have a few theory's .......
type in above title,on u tube you'll see what I mean .....:notsure:

stkr

That's not good at all.

Curious - why did you stop? Never, ever, ever, stop on the racing surface. Even if you are past the cones. The EMS personnel need a clear track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmrboy

stkr;256039 wrote: That's not good at all.

Curious - why did you stop? Never, ever, ever, stop on the racing surface. Even if you are past the cones. The EMS personnel need a clear track.

WE DID NOT STOP !!!!!!!!, WE KNOW BETTER THAN THAT....... :doh::doh:
Squids, we are not ......

stkr

bmrboy;256041 wrote: WE DID NOT STOP !!!!!!!!, WE KNOW BETTER THAN THAT....... :doh::doh:
Squids, we are not ......
Well, whoever was shooting video stopped. I thought that was your video.

Sorry ;)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Hope everyone was OK.

I had a guy clip my rear wheel right at the bridge in August 2005..I tumbled way past T7 mostly in the area between the grass and the green wall on the outside. Luckily I didn't make any contact with any solid barriers.

It was still NOT a fun experience.

JRA

Going to the outside of riders approaching turn 7 is not a good idea. Same thing for going to the outside of riders through the kink or approaching turn 1. It's not worth it.

cbr_600rr_freak

The guy shooting the video is on Fb. I asked him the same question about stopping. His response was it's hard not to stop when seeing your friend go down. Do people NOT listen in the riders meeting? Guess you can't fix stupid!

steve gould

You know how you always hear people say hold your line, be smooth etc...At 26 seconds in the guy in the black leathers does exactly the opposite of holding his line. He had his line picked out then decides he wants to be four feet over THERE!!! Thats EXACTLY what happens going into turn 7. Have your line decided by the time you cross under the bridge. No need to swing way out left to turn up the hill, you put overtaking riders in the F-in weeds.

steve gould

After watching the video again, it was the same guy who wasnt holding his line that was subjected to the same move. Hope he's ok.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
cbr_600rr_freak;256067 wrote: The guy shooting the video is on Fb. I asked him the same question about stopping. His response was it's hard not to stop when seeing your friend go down. Do people NOT listen in the riders meeting? Guess you can't fix stupid!
First off I hope everyone is Ok.

So it was hard not to stop when he saw his friend go down, but he takes the time to turn off the camera? Did I see that right?:doh:

noobinacan

something had already happened and the guy was already down, looks like the dude in the white helmet was trying to avoid.
rest is all speculation...I hope they're all ok.

but I do agree, just that half lap shows a lot of jinking!!!

flynlow69

Any updates on how folks are doing? Scary, looked like a helmet rolling through the wreckage?

Tough call on the guy stopping, looked like he avoided the wreckage and went into the run off area, do you turn around and re enter the course and continue on or shut your bike down and get out of the way and let the emergency crew take care of business?

Ruhe52

do you turn around and re enter the course and continue on or shut your bike down and get out of the way and let the emergency crew take care of business?
You turn your bike around reenter the track as directed by a corner worker and get to pit in and off the track as fast as you safely can. No exception only time you stop on the track is when you are one of the guys on the ground.

Hope everyone is ok. Looked pretty nasty.

rk97

I hope everyone involved is no worse for the wear. That didn't look fun. Luckily it also didn't look like anyone got run over or tangled with the bikes.

I had a nice long rant typed up about the faulty "logic" involved in stopping on the track, but everyone can just PM me if they want to hear it :p