bad day at VIR video

JRA

It seems like you are wanting me to tell you exactly what the correct thing to do is and I'm trying to explain that it's whatever makes you more comfortable, or allows you to have more fun. I just don't know how to make this any more clear but maybe I can.

If I make you change your line I've made a bad pass.
First, this is my main point and I haven't seen that contradicted anywhere.

Again, right or wrong the line you are on is your line and you do not need to ever feel like you should be leaving room for someone to sneak past you
This is my secondary point with the key words highlighted.

The important part of the above quote is that the line you are on is your line, whether it's the correct race line or not, and nobody has the right to make you alter it. If you purposely leave room to your outside that is your choice and you can do that if you want to. You DO NOT have to do that though. Every single rider has just as much right to the track as the next guy. What you choose to do with it is up to you as long as you don't break the rules or put anybody else in danger. Nowhere have I ever said that you should be riding white line to white line no matter what; in many cases that's not the correct line anyway. Ride your ride and concentrate on what you are doing, not on what others may be doing behind you.

in the I group a little more emphasis could be put on remembering that no matter who you are there's probably somebody on your outside trying to get around.
The emphasis will always be place on this:
No matter who is in front of you when overtaking it is your responsibility to do so cleanly, within the rules of your group, and without making the overtaken rider alter their line.

denbsteph

I have learned and confirmed so much in this thread it is unbelivable. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride your Ride! :D

This thread has cemented why I like calling NESBA my Mother Club (everyone needs a Mother, I know some smart ass is gonna chime in :flipoff: :D ). If the experienced riders can put their riding skills into words and paint a picture of their goals during the TD......what else needs to be written?

Ruhe52

When I was in I group I always tried to leave just a little room on the outside for faster riders
Taken a bit out of context and I'll point out I was on a line that people could count on. Not unpredictable. This all started with seeing guys make abrupt movements from one side of the track to another.

As John says ride your ride. I'll be happy to let you know you are riding unsafe if you are.:D

Again, right or wrong the line you are on is your line and you do not need to ever feel like you should be leaving room for someone to sneak past you
By the way I never felt I had to. My pace just frankly did not take me to the edge of the track and therefor there was room out there. If a faster rider wanted around then there was room. Why because he could count on me to hold my line.