BeaveRun dates

Motofun352

Control Rider
I don't know what the "bossman" thinks but attendance at last years Beav events was low....Those of that like BR need to step it up this year.....

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Motofun352;267620 wrote: I don't know what the "bossman" thinks but attendance at last years Beav events was low....Those of that like BR need to step it up this year.....
Yes we do!! When's your first day bud?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
The Beave is one of my very favorites. I'll be there in July. Isn't there a way nesba could advertise in the Pittsburgh area? Surely there are some dealers and bike nights where flyers could be distributed. At NJMP the Sport Honda dealer sponsors a track day. Is there a dealer in the P'burg area that could do the same? Might help boost the numbers there.

I'd hate to see "da Beave" disappear from the schedule.

z064life

NESBA could do that but that seems like a choice they could have made in the Midwest as well and didn't?? I'd love to see them partner with some local dealerships for some of the Midwest tracks (just a few to start) but I don't see it happening.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
avizpls;267759 wrote: I've got a bike shop in Beaver. I'd be glad to have flyers, stickers or whatever on hand.
Small world. I live less than five minutes from your shop. I'll have to stop in sometime.

kbonigut

BR

I will be making the trip twice this year, love that track and gives me a chance to ride with Nesba again, since our demise in the midwest.

Ducati Pete

Hey Avis,

I hope this note finds you, mama and baby doing great!!!!! Looking forward to riding the Beave once more. Just signed up for Memorial Day Weekend and will obviously be there in July. HondaGal and crew are coming, wouldn't miss it for the world.

I have a new hobby......... home brew beer............. I'll be toting cases of mixed recipes with me...... come to the Beave........ Ride, Eat and Have a Brew as the sun sets.......... IPA for HondaGal, Ales for me and maybe a few lagers too, if they are worthy of my track riding friends.

See Ya'll There,
Pete

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Ducati Pete;268127 wrote: Hey Avis,

I have a new hobby......... home brew beer............. I'll be toting cases of mixed recipes with me...... come to the Beave........ Ride, Eat and Have a Brew as the sun sets.......... IPA for HondaGal, Ales for me and maybe a few lagers too, if they are worthy of my track riding friends.

See Ya'll There,
Pete
Woohoo, have some of that IPA ready for July!! :D

Ducati Pete

HondaGalToo;268143 wrote: Woohoo, have some of that IPA ready for July!! :D
It'll be ready late May.............. which means there is a strong possibility.......... it will be gone by July. I think you need to make DaBeave Memorial Day weekend.......... if you want my IPA that is!!!! :) OHHH, that's right......... you have somewhere BETTER to go instead of gracing us!!!!! LOL

I'll set a 6er or two aside for you.

Be Well
Pete

tdelegram

Control Rider
I am in for both dates, I hope we can get a few more dates next year on the calendar. Looks like Summit main might be the next to go the way of the Beav.

Ducati Pete, I think not, more like Punxsutawney Pete, I hope the whole shadow thing gets worked out as there's a fresh 3 inches of snow this AM! How's your winter coming Pete?

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;268157 wrote: I am in for both dates, I hope we can get a few more dates next year on the calendar. Looks like Summit main might be the next to go the way of the Beav.

Ducati Pete, I think not, more like Punxsutawney Pete, I hope the whole shadow thing gets worked out as there's a fresh 3 inches of snow this AM! How's your winter coming Pete?

Hey Tom,

Good to hear from you.............. I knew you'd be chiming in at some point. Personally, I think the Beave will become more and more popular, especially once the second track opens. I suspect the proprietors have a long term plan and they will need all the exposure they can get.

But, NESBA needs to do their part and maybe they are. The track day prices are a little better than last year, if I recall correctly. I truly hope they can build the Beave...... it's MY track and I'd love to be able to ride there for years to come.

See All Soon
Pete

Nesba

I absolutely love the Beav...and really want to have more than just 2 events in a year. In fact I would love to have one once a month like we did last year.

We have invested time and money into that area and will continue to do so, because I think it is a very viable venue and I feel has the people to support a once a month motorcycle event.

We started with the IMS show in Cleveland to get a good sense of the interest from sportbike riders that area that could be easily drawn to the Beav. The results were encouraging, but the proof will be in the fill rate of the events have there. When we get to the point we feel adding more dates will be financially feasible for the club we will do just that. I can almost guarantee that we will not be able to do this without your help.

So if you need support from NESBA or have any suggestions on how to get new members in your area please let me know. Keep in mind, the organization needs execution in addition to ideas.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I think nesba needs to do some serious marketing and advertising instead of putting the onus solely on the membership. Have you contacted dealers local to BeaveRun to see if they want to sponsor a dealer trackday? Something like Sport Honda in Metuchen does at NJMP?

Put brochures at dealerships and bike nights in the area? Speaking of brochures, I picked one up at the NY show and found it disappointing. Remove that checklist comparing nesba to orgs a, b, and c. When reading the things checked for nesba vs the other orgs, I didn't find anything in that chart that clearly made nesba stand out. In fact, it turned me off, as it seemed nesba was trying to promote themselves by putting down other clubs. Remove the chart, and instead focus on what you do the best...the level of attention and instruction the CRs provide. The bump system that helps make the riders more consistent within groups. Nesba is my favorite club and I don't ride with any other, because I think they run a safer day. Focus on that in the brochure. Really, that chart proved nothing.

Having a booth the the international motorcycle shows was a great thing to do and a good promotion opportunity. But, help was sought from members, what, a week before the show? If members were asked a lot farther in advance and a sign-up schedule could be worked out, you might get a better response. When I went past the booth at the NY show it was dead. Nothing there to draw people in. Nothing against you and Bob O., the only ones there when I walked by, but make it more enticing.

Anyway, you asked. Keep in mind I ride almost exclusively with nesba and love what the club has to offer. Some marketing may help draw in and retain new members.

I think nesba is the best one out there, and it could be even better.