BeaveRun dates

fitz

needasixr;268660 wrote: A Pittsburg area dealer already has a couple track days scheduled at the Beav. I have attended and they tend to attract a lot of beginners/first-timers. Maybe Nesba could team up with them to cross-promote events. Could be as easy as setting up a Nesba canopy at the track and having a few members in Nesba T-shirts available to hand out flyers and talk to folks. It would be a HUGE sacrifice, but I am willing to take one for the team and spend an extra day at the Beav:). I am pretty sure a few others would make that sacrifice.
I am also willing to distribute materials to local dealers in Central PA. Its 3 hours to Beav and Summit from here.
I'll help you Larry :)

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
I think setting something up at the bike nights would be a good idea, I've had my race bike at bike nights in the area before and it seems to attract a lot of attention. Plenty of squids at bike nights who think they are the next rossi because there tires don't have chicken strips, would be pretty easy to talk them into track days. That is exactly how I got into doing trackdays... It was all down hill from there.

twnorton

needasixr;268660 wrote: A Pittsburg area dealer already has a couple track days scheduled at the Beav. I have attended and they tend to attract a lot of beginners/first-timers. Maybe Nesba could team up with them to cross-promote events. Could be as easy as setting up a Nesba canopy at the track and having a few members in Nesba T-shirts available to hand out flyers and talk to folks. It would be a HUGE sacrifice, but I am willing to take one for the team and spend an extra day at the Beav:). I am pretty sure a few others would make that sacrifice.
I am also willing to distribute materials to local dealers in Central PA. Its 3 hours to Beav and Summit from here.
who is the dealer? dates and prices?

Myers

Control Rider
pajixxer;268758 wrote: I think setting something up at the bike nights would be a good idea, I've had my race bike at bike nights in the area before and it seems to attract a lot of attention. Plenty of squids at bike nights who think they are the next rossi because there tires don't have chicken strips, would be pretty easy to talk them into track days. That is exactly how I got into doing trackdays... It was all down hill from there.

Brad - I would be willing to spend some time at the QSs either in Cranberry or the one up by Youngstown for their bikenights.. We could see if we could get some NESBA advertising stuff?

either way - just throwing my name out there that I would help if you think it would help

avizpls

#11-A
Hell, sounds liek if we just all meet up and ride into cranberry together, it will all take care of itself!

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;268944 wrote: I am in for cranbury if I am not traveling for work.

Hey Tom and Avis...... and everyone else,

We were all talking about this last fall......... I am sure you remember. I think it's a great idea and if all of us ganged up at various events with our track machines, the crowd would gather and we could hijack new riders............. and DaBeave events will grow.

I'm in but we need someone to put these things together somewhat in advance.

Time to put our money where our mouth is....... errrr, was, .....errrr...... wants to be......... whatever!!!

Pete
PS---------------> A Little NESBA-Powers-To-Be Support Would Be Appreciated!!!!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Ducati Pete;270097 wrote: Hey Tom and Avis...... and everyone else,

We were all talking about this last fall......... I am sure you remember. I think it's a great idea and if all of us ganged up at various events with our track machines, the crowd would gather and we could hijack new riders............. and DaBeave events will grow.

I'm in but we need someone to put these things together somewhat in advance.

Time to put our money where our mouth is....... errrr, was, .....errrr...... wants to be......... whatever!!!

Pete
PS---------------> A Little NESBA-Powers-To-Be Support Would Be Appreciated!!!!
Pete,
I agree let’s do some planning now:

Timing: (Do we all agree or disagree with below?)
1. I would suggest 4 weeks in advance of the next BVR date at Cranbury, most likely the largest attended
2. 3 weeks in advance at some other satellite QS bike nights like Highlands WV, Youngstown OH......
3. On agreed upon date need someone to secure location to stage bikes (may have to coordinate this step with QS Org step 1 below)

Club Participation: (Bob can you weigh in here?)
1. Would be nice to get a CR out there so that there is some "official" club participation
2. Nesba swag would be great brochures, marketing materials, stickers, shirts to sell.....

QS Organization: (Someone want to volunteer to contact QS)
1. I have not been to a QS bike night, but if we show as an organization do we need to register in advance or contact QS?
2. First round of beer is on me

Personal stuff:
1. I can haul both my bikes there and set up a small table to man with the NESBA swag, stickers, brochures......
2. Would be nice to get some track vids going from the BVR, I have some but nothing to play them on (someone want to bring a small TV/DVD player?

Thanks,
Tom

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;270102 wrote: Pete,

1. I would suggest 4 weeks in advance of the next BVR date at Cranbury, most likely the largest attended
2. 3 weeks in advance at some other satellite QS bike nights like Highlands WV, Youngstown OH......
3. On agreed upon date need someone to secure location to stage bikes (may have to coordinate this step with QS Org step 1 below)

1. Would be nice to get a CR out there so that there is some "official" club participation
2. Nesba swag would be great brochures, marketing materials, stickers, shirts to sell.....

1. I have not been to a QS bike night, but if we show as an organization do we need to register in advance or contact QS?

Personal stuff:
1. I can haul both my bikes there and set up a small table to man with the NESBA swag, stickers, brochures......
2. Would be nice to get some track vids going from the BVR, I have some but nothing to play them on (someone want to bring a small TV/DVD player?

Thanks,
Tom

DAMN Ole Boy.......... nothing like stepping up to the plate. All sounds more than realistic. I do have a stupid question........... what is a QS? By the way...... I only drink Craft Beer ($$$).... but I got the second round and fifth and ninth. Oh yea, we have to drive home. SHIT!

I suggest no tee-shirts unless they are hidden and handed out to women who can "expand" upon our logo........ :D I think selling them would come across a bit cheesy.

The TV idea is good if we can get some good vid from a far off view or edit a bunch of NESBA rider cams into short interesting clips sewn together. Keeps the action interesting. If I can get the clips, I can do the edit.

Will be in touch.
Pete

tdelegram

Control Rider
Ducati Pete;270113 wrote: DAMN Ole Boy.......... nothing like stepping up to the plate. All sounds more than realistic. I do have a stupid question........... what is a QS? By the way...... I only drink Craft Beer ($$$).... but I got the second round and fifth and ninth. Oh yea, we have to drive home. SHIT!

I suggest no tee-shirts unless they are hidden and handed out to women who can "expand" upon our logo........ :D I think selling them would come across a bit cheesy.

The TV idea is good if we can get some good vid from a far off view or edit a bunch of NESBA rider cams into short interesting clips sewn together. Keeps the action interesting. If I can get the clips, I can do the edit.

Will be in touch.
Pete
QS = Quaker Steak and Lube, sports bar that hosts bike nights every Wednesday.

I am fine with no shirts also, one less thing to keep tabs on.

Regarding clips I have some on-board from the last Saturday in B @ teh beave (passing some guy named Pete!), i can pull them down off youtube and email them to you or burn a CD and mail it. Let me know your preference.

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;270115 wrote: QS = Quaker Steak and Lube, sports bar that hosts bike nights every Wednesday.

I am fine with no shirts also, one less thing to keep tabs on.

Regarding clips I have some on-board from the last Saturday in B @ teh beave (passing some guy named Pete!), i can pull them down off youtube and email them to you or burn a CD and mail it. Let me know your preference.

NO WAY Tom,

We're not showing my fat (slow) ass to anyone........ unless an expanded NESBA tee-shirt is involved. Thanks for the QS info......... I was hoping it wasn't something every idiot already knew. LOL No comments from the peanut gallery!!!!!

needasixr

tdelegram;270102 wrote: Pete,

Personal stuff:

Thanks,
Tom
I know a certain accountant who turns track vids into montages and sets them to music. They kick ass too!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
This sounds great, guys! If I were close I'd help. Way to step up. I think one of you should contact Bob B and Bob O about getting brochures. I wouldn't rely on them seeing this thread. Tell them your ideas, point them to this thread. Bob B is the one who wanted the word spread in the BeaveRun area, and you guys have a good plan in place to do just what he asked. Hopefully he'll supply you with brochures and stickers.

R1Baby

Control Rider
As far as CR's go, Jeff would be the closest one. I don't want to speak for him, but just putting it out there. I'm 5 hours away, might be tough for me to pull off.

fitz

needasixr;270218 wrote: I know a certain accountant who turns track vids into montages and sets them to music. They kick ass too!
If the vids don't get peoples attention I know a couple of fellas that can throw down some kick ass dance moves that would be sure to get at least all the cougars excited, and where there is excited cougars...

R1Baby

Control Rider
fitz;270237 wrote: If the vids don't get peoples attention I know a couple of fellas that can throw down some kick ass dance moves that would be sure to get at least all the cougars excited, and where there is excited cougars...
Well that would be Larry's department. Good looking guy busting moves, man, I'm excited just thinking about it. Dion can be the DJ, and Tom will be the body guard.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
R1Baby;270240 wrote: Well that would be Larry's department. Good looking guy busting moves, man, I'm excited just thinking about it. Dion can be the DJ, and Tom will be the body guard.
Sounds like we need to have a dance-off in July. I'll bring the disco ball.