Constructive criticism from NOLA this weekend.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
They are bunching up. May have to buy more. Killing me that I'm missing Barber. I would enjoy riding with Dragginass. I think it would be fun for both of us.

D

dragginass

I bet I can do it without hitting a single apex, all while carrying too much lean angle. I will put NESBA I group on my sponsors list.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Commercial Time....

YOU are the one who wanted to boast about being ALMOST good enough to compare himself to the Professionals...not me.

The state of tune of your R1 doesn't matter. It's not the bike holding you back. You could have Josh Hayes' R1 and all it would do is scare the shit out of you.

Steelers 24..Bengles 17...back to the game.

D-Zum

dragginass;257994 wrote: I bet I can do it without hitting a single apex, all while carrying too much lean angle. I will put NESBA I group on my sponsors list.
So you'd be riding normally.

D

dragginass

please explain exactly how I boasted anywhere. when I posted times I made it clear for perspective reasons. If simply posting my times comes across as boasrful then i will take that as a compliment, because the alternative response would be laughter if in your irrelevant opinion my lap times were slow. I can bust balls back and forth with anyone, carry on. You all look silly.

D-Zum

No..actually you can't..even BlueNinja was more entertaining.

And that's probably THE first compliment I've even given him.

blueninja1

LOL thank you mr. dzum. I just popped on to see what was up in the nesba forums and was pleasantly surprised to get a compliment. Also, I've grown up a bit since my early posts.

I respect the nesba org very much and I am a fond supporter of its safety. Hopefully I can get a trackday in next year, been busy doing motocross this season.

I do not know what is going on in this thread and am too tired to read what the debate is about...

SO on that note I will let you guys hash it out and hopefully you guys will reach a happy medium.

P.S.- Hope everyone had a great year and is having a good off season.

-Brendon

Ruhe52

Man I wish you would have been running video when I almost tucked the front 3 times on my first few laps there.
I love constructive criticism. :adore:
First time to NOLA. Took about 2 sessions to get the layout down.
Very nice, pretty bumpy for a new track in some spots though. As for John running a little wide in 1 all that needs to be said is Good save JRA. :doh:
Raise your hand if you have never run off the track especially a new track.:wow: If you have not you are coasting.

Plenty of fast guys out there this weekend but noticed this would have come in handy. If it applies to anyone reading then it applies. Tough shit deal with it and work to improve.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=New+Orleans,+LA&daddr=apex,+NC&hl=en&sll=29.95497,-90.087475&sspn=0.021938,0.039353&geocode=FVoEyQEdFJ6h-illghGyVKQghjG00yJe6FsG2w%3BFaw8IQIdEtdM-ynRgJLBo5KsiTEVgOIXfoHNhQ&t=h&mra=ls&z=6

dragginass, perhaps you should roll to Barber if you are A material it will surly show there. That's not a challenge in the least I talked to both I and B riders that were interested in (no way asking for) a bump. When discussing some things they needed to work on they seemed to agree specifically bump to A on their home track would be nice but way more rewarding to go show it elsewhere.
I plan to see at least one of these riders in Nov. come on out and play.
Otherwise thank you for your input. Like it or not our system is our system for the majority of the folks that ride with NESBA they appreciate the structure. You obviously do not. That is why there is a choice of organizations out there.
Some like Pepsi. Some like Coke. Some are old school RC cola. Enjoy your Pepsi just don't stand out in front of my Coke plant trying to tell me my recipe for soft drinks is flawed as plenty enjoy the cool refreshing taste of a Coke.

D-Zum

Excellent 2000th post Mr. Ruhe!!!!!

I'll buy you a Coke at Barber.

bmrboy

Ruhe52;258064 wrote: Someone say Coke!!! Hookers and Blow right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See you at Barber D.
That sweet tooth you have for the track day challenged ..... is priceless :congrats:

rk97

dragginass;257944 wrote:
My friend Jay and I were running lap times 10-15 seconds faster than anyone else in the "I" group, and consistent with what one of the other instructors ran in an "expert" WERA superbike race a few months ago.
While I find it unlikely that you were actually timing everyone else in the Intermediate group, if you have an expert race license, you can register in "Advanced" on your first day with NESBA.

Pseudolus

dragginass;257944 wrote: Soooo, I had my 2nd NESBA trackday yesterday.
Which also means my previous assessment was correct ;)

The only time I got passed was by an instructor. And then he ran off the track! Good thing I didn't take the advice of his shirt...."follow me" lol.

Not to mention having faster riders to chase and ride with. No NESBA rule will change that, and given the opportunity to ride with another organization or NESBA, I will choose the former for that reason alone. Flame away.
Following up your first controversial thread by childishly trying to prove you were right all along: X (I'm too lazy to count) words:)
Mocking the instructors of a revered organization in the same post: X words
Stating your preference to ride with another org on the non preferred org's forum: X words

Doing all of this in a thread titled "Constructive Criticism" and being shocked that most members view you as a douchebag. PRICELESS

:doh:

D

dragginass

rk97;258087 wrote: While I find it unlikely that you were actually timing everyone else in the Intermediate group, if you have an expert race license, you can register in "Advanced" on your first day with NESBA.
Ruhe52;258087 wrote:
There are many riders at trackdays who will never race, and still belong in an "A" group. Having a novice/expert license shouldn't have any bearing on the matter.

Raise your hand if you have never run off the track especially a new track. If you have not you are coasting.

Plenty of fast guys out there this weekend but noticed this would have come in handy. If it applies to anyone reading then it applies. Tough shit deal with it and work to improve.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...t=h&mra=ls&z=6

dragginass, perhaps you should roll to Barber if you are A material it will surly show there. That's not a challenge in the least I talked to both I and B riders that were interested in (no way asking for) a bump. When discussing some things they needed to work on they seemed to agree specifically bump to A on their home track would be nice but way more rewarding to go show it elsewhere.
I plan to see at least one of these riders in Nov. come on out and play.
Otherwise thank you for your input. Like it or not our system is our system for the majority of the folks that ride with NESBA they appreciate the structure. You obviously do not. That is why there is a choice of organizations out there.
Some like Pepsi. Some like Coke. Some are old school RC cola. Enjoy your Pepsi just don't stand out in front of my Coke plant trying to tell me my recipe for soft drinks is flawed as plenty enjoy the cool refreshing taste of a Coke.
I've crashed, I've run off the track...of course! But If I had run off the track trying to keep up with an instructor the onslaught of comments would be relentless. If NESBA is going to run as tight of a ship as they claim to, then an instructor in the "I" group should not run off the track when trying to make a pass. For all the accusations I've taken the board is strangely silent on that, with exception to your blatant ass kissing. "Nice Save" Really? He ran off the track, thats not a save, thats called riding like a bonehead.

For those of you who keep mentioning Barber: As for riding other tracks, NOLA is one of 3 roadcourses I've ridden. I will certainly make more in the future as scheduling allows, but saying that my riding at another track has any bearing on the perspective of my trackday at NOLA is ridiculous. The scope of my riding at another track is only relevant at another track. And so what if I were to never ride another track other than NOLA? Doesn't mean I belong in NESBA's "I" group forever because work makes it hard to travel:doh:

D

dragginass

Pseudolus;258114 wrote: Following up your first controversial thread by childishly trying to prove you were right all along: X (I'm too lazy to count) words:)
Mocking the instructors of a revered organization in the same post: X words
Stating your preference to ride with another org on the non preferred org's forum: X words

Doing all of this in a thread titled "Constructive Criticism" and being shocked that most members view you as a douchebag. PRICELESS

:doh:
I was right. Period.

Mocking the instructors? Where? It's not my fault the director of an event ran off the track trying to pass someone in "I" group.

NESBA has a long reputation without me saying anything to anyone. Some of you love it. Great. There are things I like about NESBA too. However NESBA has consistently had the lowest turnout of any organizer at NOLA, and I see why now. Coke? Pepsi? We all have free will as someone else mentioned. That said, when you take someone's money and they become your customer, you had better be willing to listen to them.....even if you don't agree.

Pseudolus

dragginass;258115 wrote: I've crashed, I've run off the track...of course! But If I had run off the track trying to keep up with an instructor the onslaught of comments would be relentless doh:
dragginass;258116 wrote:

NESBA has a long reputation without me saying anything to anyone. Some of you love it. Great. There are things I like about NESBA too.
How about we start by talking about those things you like? What you're doing is conducting a focus group of one. For every story you have of a CR running off track, I have 20 experiences ( and I'm a beginner) of CR's being role models for folks that are new to the sport.

dbarufaldi

Kudos to ANY thread that can get BlueNinja posting again!!

Draggin...I have no vested interest in what group you are in or think you should be in. In NESBA, in order to be in A group, right/wrong or otherwise, you have to have pace, predictability, have to demonstrate good bike control, good body position, good judgment, have to be on the race line consistently, and have to be smooth.

From the video, you are not on the race line, as it has been defined in NESBA, TPM, Schwantz School and YCRS. I have ridden with all these orgs, and they all define the race line substantially the same way. Only Tony's Track Days has a slightly different version, of the groups I have ridden with, but it's a very minor difference, and again, your line would not be consistent with their definition.

From the video, you would not qualify for NESBA A group due to lines, at a minimum.

You don't have to agree with how it's done, but if your goal is to get to A, you'll have to alter your riding.

There are a lot of fast guys, no doubt...and you might be one of them. From an org's perspective, a key foundational pillar of safety is the consistency and predictability of the other riders on the track. For this reason, and the generally accepted idea that it's the fastest way around the track, the race line is the only acceptable line.

Dan B

D

dragginass

Pseudolus;258119 wrote: How about we start by talking about those things you like? What you're doing is conducting a focus group of one. For every story you have of a CR running off track, I have 20 experiences ( and I'm a beginner) of CR's being role models for folks that are new to the sport.
Registration and tech were efficient, and I think NESBA genuinely wants to run a safe, productive program. I'm not insulting any control riders, and I even praised them for doing a good job of waving us by as we approached. Having to check up to not pass them without blessing gets annoying though, as does coming up on slower riders, and only passing on the outside. Those are all things that are very un "race" like.

For those of you who seem to think I can't hit an apex, so be it. Clearly you watched 30sec of the video then shut them off. I don't drag my knees on the curbs, and I'm not going to start.

My "goal" is not to get into "A". I have no goals with NESBA. Trackday groups are not an achievement and neither are having trackday numbers on a bike. My "goals" are to ride as much as possible and improve. Sure there are things I can work on even at a slower pace, but I won't continue to spend money with NESBA to constantly run up on slower riders at dangerous closing speeds, and have to check up every time I come up on an instructor. That is not the trackday experience I want. I'm not fast in the racing world and I never will be. But I also know my capabilities and I know what experience I want while on the track. So far NESBA has not provided that. Thats my experience, and my paying my fees and membership like everyone else gives me just as much right to voice my opinion.

Do I think anything will change because of what I have said? Absolutely not. Doesn't mean I can't think it.:cool: