DCIII Tire track PSi.

FrostyFire

HonDeere125;17320 wrote: for on the track thats definitely hot pressure.
Well as I said, when I was at my last track day at Pacific, the tire guy had all the pressures listed for the populars.......and they were 32/32 COLD for the DCIII. If the Pirelli guy says it's 32/32 as well then that's what I'm inclined to go with. The SC Pro were 25/27 cold on the same chart. They're NOT a race tire like the SC Pro.

Kevmo

holy shyt... 32 cold... that's be like 36-7 hot... good luck with that

i'll stick to wat's been working... which is 27-28 cold... 32-33 hot

Motomoon

I run the DC3 at 30-31 hot front 31-33 hot rear at a fastish A group pace. The DC3 is a versital tire and if I was running endurance or racing on a budget I wouldn't think twice about running them.

There will always be conflicting recommendations on tire pressure. I run a lower pressure then i often recommend because I run what works for me. You need to try different pressures and find what offers you the traction and longevity your looking for.

Different things work for different riders. Pace, weight, bike, style, suspension, geometry, conditions and feel are all variables that effect what you do as an individual rider.

That's why I list "recommendations" not facts on my tire list. I have seen Pirelli change pressure recommendation a couple of time in a year.

I have no doubt that some riders would be perfectly fine with 36 or 37 PSI in a rear DC3. They ill prob get 10 track days out of it also.

jls223

Motomoon;17376 wrote: I run the DC3 at 30-31 hot front 31-33 hot rear at a fastish A group pace. The DC3 is a versital tire and if I was running endurance or racing on a budget I wouldn't think twice about running them.

There will always be conflicting recommendations on tire pressure. I run a lower pressure then i often recommend because I run what works for me. You need to try different pressures and find what offers you the traction and longevity your looking for.

Different things work for different riders. Pace, weight, bike, style, suspension, geometry, conditions and feel are all variables that effect what you do as an individual rider.

That's why I list "recommendations" not facts on my tire list. I have seen Pirelli change pressure recommendation a couple of time in a year.

I have no doubt that some riders would be perfectly fine with 36 or 37 PSI in a rear DC3. They ill prob get 10 track days out of it also.
My experience has been mixed. I put on a set this June just before CMP. I ran them 30-30 cold and had some amazing grip at CMP in June and Summit in July. Then just before I went to VIR south in August I had been told that I was running them to low and checked it on the pirelli website. So here I run 32F 34R Cold on VIR south per pirelli data. I was fine in the morning but ended up low siding in T7 just after noon. The grip just didn't feel right. The tire wear was a lot different. Didn't look like they warmed up enough. Dropped the pressures back to 30-30 for Summit Main two weeks ago and what a difference. I'm thinking 30-30 or lower is the place to run them. It may also have something to do with the rider / bike weight and suspension settings. I'm on an R6 at 140 Lbs. I'm sure a higher pressure would be required for someone at 250 Lbs.

lindr6

I run them 27/28. Well until I lost psi in the front tire down to 10 don't know why yet:notsure:. All most wreck on t6 at main. The next session almost wreck on t1 then on t3 I slow down thinking it was rider error, well it was I learned to check my psi after or before every session. I Thank the big man I made it back to the pit.:doh:

jls223

FrostyFire;17672 wrote: Are you blind? It's the first tire on the list.
Only if you were my wife I might consider your statement correct but ...

This PDF link clearly states "DIABLO CORSA I" without a doubt.

http://www.ronhix.com/images/2008PirelliNesbaFlyer.pdf

Maybe I'm really losing it but I thought we were discussing DIABLO CORSA III.

And if I'm not mistaken there was a DIABLO CORSA prior to DC3's.

So either the flyer has a misprint or the flyer indicates the older tire. :poorguy:

FrostyFire

jls223;17710 wrote: Only if you were my wife I might consider your statement correct but ...

This PDF link clearly states "DIABLO CORSA I" without a doubt.

http://www.ronhix.com/images/2008PirelliNesbaFlyer.pdf

Maybe I'm really losing it but I thought we were discussing DIABLO CORSA III.

And if I'm not mistaken there was a DIABLO CORSA prior to DC3's.

So either the flyer has a misprint or the flyer indicates the older tire. :poorguy:
Time to see an optometrist dude.

244edmv.jpg

jls223

FrostyFire;17759 wrote: Time to see an optometrist dude.

244edmv.jpg
Dude, your adobe may be showing what you copied and pasted above but this is what it is showing up on my PC. I can only comment on what I can see. I'm not trying to stir up the crap. If it is really DCIIIs thats fine but I'm not blind. I only copied and pasted this as well without alteration. Maybe I should have presumed they were the correct ones but this is what is loading in my PC.:confused:

Meat

jls223;17768 wrote: Dude, your adobe may be showing what you copied and pasted above but this is what it is showing up on my PC. I can only comment on what I can see. I'm not trying to stir up the crap. If it is really DCIIIs thats fine but I'm not blind. I only copied and pasted this as well without alteration. Maybe I should have presumed they were the correct ones but this is what is loading in my PC.:confused:
As a casual outside observer (I don't even run Pirelli's), you need to get your eyes looked at. j/k

Yea, something screwy going on with your computer somewhere. If your computer changed a III to a I......... I wonder what other items it is changing. I wonder if it uses some sort of writing recognition along with the pdf reader you are using. I had a scanner that did that and may cause problems.

But, please keep the tire pressure discussion going. I love that everyone runs different pressures and swears everyone else is a moron for running something different. I tend to listen to people that have suggestions but understand that different people run different pressures. Heck I run Dunlop N-tec's at 25 psi hot.

FrostyFire

jls223;17768 wrote: Dude, your adobe may be showing what you copied and pasted above but this is what it is showing up on my PC. I can only comment on what I can see. I'm not trying to stir up the crap. If it is really DCIIIs thats fine but I'm not blind. I only copied and pasted this as well without alteration. Maybe I should have presumed they were the correct ones but this is what is loading in my PC.:confused:
It's time to update your Adobe Reader maybe?

Either way it's funny how the picture right next to it looks exactly like a DCIII too........

Motomoon

Either way it's funny how the picture right next to it looks exactly like a DCIII too........
Um the DC3 and Original DC look the same!;)

And for the record I have seen that same sheet from Pirelli but with different pressures twice. I think you will find that most guys run all their Pirellis close to those listed pressure BUT at HOT!