Exhaust header needs welding, or something!

Gorecki

Mikey75702;240020 wrote: It looks like the crack is on the underside... Does it flex back closed if you put it upside down and put your weight on it... If so, then that's what you do as you weld it.
Yes, very bottom. I did try to pull down on the end of the can when still mounted as the mounting bolt is just on the far side of the crack but couldn't see if it was pulling anything closer but there was some give when I pulled on it.

Just finished up drilling out the header mounting nuts so I can safety wire them and there's crap sprawled on my bench, so I'll pick up in the morning and see if I can get it to show some movement.

matt2212

Gorecki;240010 wrote: EXACTLY what I was thinking, just no way in hell I can bend it.

Thanks much for the offer Matt! Unfortunately, VIR is a 294 mile leg one way and having other *stuff* to do for the bike before she's track worthy again isn't a practical trip though I would like to get down there before seasons end! :cool:
Where are you I'm well traveled;)

Gorecki

Well I finally have a welded pipe.

Thanks guys for all the help, suggestions, and offers!

Sure enough Mike you were right! Alex down at Ram Cycles took EXCELLENT care of me, nice down to earth guys. Would highly recommend using them.

Ironically enough my replacement gaskets came today so I'm ready to move forward over the weekend. :cool: