Judy....????

YCRS

After trading a few emails with Judy...this stuff jacks me up...Here in Nor-Calif we have been on a pretty big crusade to get the safe passing message accross and it is finally paying off. Things are getting better, but it has taken over a year of standing up on my soapbox and also getting the TD providers to say out it loud in the riders meetings. So, spend the 30 seconds to 1 min and bring it up as much as you can.

For the racers that want to haul ass and practice...it's just that-practice. If you can't repect other riders and their comfort level, you may have issues to work out with yourself.

Ken

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Lenny ZX9R;255007 wrote: Judy, did the bike fall on you? Those are some nasty bruises! I'm hoping you'll feel better in a few weeks and the swelling will go down! Heal up! WE NEED YOU OUT THERE!:D
Hi Lenny, no, I was thrown clear of the bike. I highsided over the bars, sailed through the air for awhile, and came down hard on my right forearm, shoulder, and left knee. I think, but am not sure, that the armor dug into me. My Vanson suit has their armor in it with the hard plastic shell on the outside. I felt it dig in due to the way I landed. IF I get up the nerve to continue in this sport, I'd look into replacing it with soft armor from Forcefield...I already have their stuff in the shoulders and hips.

PJZOCC624

HondaGalToo;255024 wrote: IF I get up the nerve to continue in this sport...

Judy- Let me say that this club would NOT be the same without you. The crash sucks. The injuries suck worse. Damage to the bike sucks. All things considered, you got pretty lucky. I know you're banged up. I know you're hurting. But please... PLEASE don't let this incident drive you away from the sport. We all have our reasons for riding, and we all have our reasons for walking away at some point. Take some time (I know you will), heal up, and give yourself some distance from this.

You have the most enthusiasm, passion, integrity and class over anyone I've encountered in this sport. To have an incident like this, caused by carelessness of another rider, tarnish the love you have for this truly is disconcerting.

Hang in there, kid. The track is a better place because of you.

betarace

z064life;255028 wrote: Can we have a good 'ol fashion beat down of the rider that caused this :argh:
Has the offender been identified and talked to? Don't need to know who, just that the loop has been closed.

z064life

Dave561;255032 wrote: Loop was closed and let's not start a Lynch mob.
Hopefully everyone knew I was joking (though some people do need a beat down on occassion). Just hate to see Judy even considering leaving the sport because of the decision by another rider

Dave561

Control Rider
I fully understand. Unfortunately, we are in a high risk sport and I truly believe he made an error and is not an inherently dangerous rider. I know that doesn't help Judy and she is not happy and she has a right to be pissed. She made no error but is feeling the pain and ramifications of that bad decision.

I hope she takes some time to get healed up and fix the bike and then allow herself to make a decision based on her total experience of the sport and not just one bad afternoon. I've been on the receiving end and was hurt in a race. I know we don't race in Nesba, but we share the same inherent risks.

We owe it to ourselves and those we ride with, to ride within our limits and respect the limits of the riders we share the track with. Be safe, have fun and learn something is what we preach at our events. We can all learn something here. When you have to question if you can make a pass, back off. No body is in danger of breaking the lap record so if another rider or group of riders takes a few tenths off our lap time, who cares. No trophies, no points, no glory no winning at track day. But you can LOSE trackday. Ride safe everyone and enjoy the ride.

noobinacan

Judy...so sad to see those pics.
hope you heal up quick and hope this terrible incident doesn't take you away from the sport.

junglelogic

I don't know if I could contain myself. If someone takes me out because of stupidity, and I wasn't broken, I think I would be kicking ass. I have to go to work on Monday and have two kids that need me to be there also. I know I'm very cautious around other riders to not take them out. I know crashing is a risk I take when I'm on the track, but me kicking another riders ass for trashing my bike, messing me up at work, or taking me from my family for any length of time, or killing me, is a risk the other rider will have to contend with when they ride like a douche bag. I'm not saying you should do it, or even that I'm some bad ass, but people should have respect for others. Glad to see you're okay, get well, and we will see you at the track next time.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
That one split second could have been life-changing or life ending for me. Fortunately it wasn't. This time. NESBA does a much better job than other orgs with regards to safety. That's why I ride almost exclusively with them. Yes, I know it's a high-risk sport. There just seems to be more reckless folks. Maybe they've always been there in the same numbers but due to the Internet we hear more about it now. No one can control them all. We can have rules, but there will always be a few who still make bad decisions. I know the risks. I just have to decide if I can continue to accept them.

z064life

HondaGalToo;255041 wrote: That one split second could have been life-changing or life ending for me. Fortunately it wasn't. This time. NESBA does a much better job than other orgs with regards to safety. That's why I ride almost exclusively with them. Yes, I know it's a high-risk sport. There just seems to be more reckless folks. Maybe they've always been there in the same numbers but due to the Internet we hear more about it now. No one can control them all. We can have rules, but there will always be a few who still make bad decisions. I know the risks. I just have to decide if I can continue to accept them.
Well I for one hope you do.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Judy,
Very sorry to hear about all this. Best wishes for a complete and quick recovery. You are always one of the smiling faces at the track that makes my day! :D

motorkas

Judy - so sorry to hear about everything that has gone down since making it back to the pits; I literally was excited to finally get to meet you in person - especially after all the kindness and aid you were gracious enough to show my brother. Even my wife told me about you when my sister-in-law, nephew and her visited my brother on Friday. You just have that effect on people - such a wonderful presence. Unfortunately, the "mental trauma" usually lingers much longer than the actual physical ones. Take your time and know you have support no matter what decision you make. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Ducati Pete

HondaGalToo;255024 wrote: IF I get up the nerve to continue in this sport...........
Thanks for the note Judy. Sorry to hear (see) about your flight.

Things always come in threes.............. two low sides and one high side make three................. you are good to go. SEE YOU at the track in spring!!!!!

If I can help you in any way..... do not hesitate to write or call. I OWE YOU big.

Pete

JRA

junglelogic;255040 wrote: I don't know if I could contain myself. If someone takes me out because of stupidity, and I wasn't broken, I think I would be kicking ass. I have to go to work on Monday and have two kids that need me to be there also. I know I'm very cautious around other riders to not take them out. I know crashing is a risk I take when I'm on the track, but me kicking another riders ass for trashing my bike, messing me up at work, or taking me from my family for any length of time, or killing me, is a risk the other rider will have to contend with when they ride like a douche bag. I'm not saying you should do it, or even that I'm some bad ass, but people should have respect for others. Glad to see you're okay, get well, and we will see you at the track next time.
Just remember those feelings when you are the one who has made the big mistake. Nobody is perfect, including you, and there is always the chance you could be on the giving end of something extremely stupid. We all live in a glass house here and everyone would do well to remember that.

Making a mistake is not an acceptable excuse for hurting someone but it does happen.

stkr

Judy - I hope you have a speedy recovery. Crashing definitely sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk