Late Fees? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

JRA

Jul 11, 2008
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Last year we purchased fourteen soft barriers for Road Atlanta. You'll have the benefit of having them in place when you ride with us, or when you race with WERA. This year we hope to purchase at least fifteen more. If we are successful that will be almost three hundred feet of wall that will be covered at Road Atlanta by the great people that support this club.
Backmarker;273787 wrote: Thank you ! :cheers:
There are a lot of great people who made that possible so they really deserve the thanks. My role was very small.

JRA

Jul 11, 2008
crash675;273840 wrote: First off where is my NESBA swag? I have elite membership:D I read that on the Wera forum about the ama guys. Hell I would love to ride with some of them. If you stay close enough to the pro wouldn't it be cool to say yeah I came in 2nd to an ama guy? Im slow as shit so it wont matter to me. On a lighter note I look forward to meeting some new people it will be my first time at road atlanta.
Check out this thread. I look forward to seeing you there.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=28244

PJZOCC624

Jul 14, 2008
dickiedoo;273730 wrote: . I see price breaks offered for early registration, but nothing along the lines of a late fee.
It's like a discussion I had with my 3 year old over breakfast the other day...

Her: (looking at her yogurt) "I don't LIKE that! I don't want that, daddy!"

Me: "Why? You like yogurt"

Her: "No I DON'T!"

(I take the yogurt, and while she's not looking I put it into a different bowl and give it back to her)

Me: "How about some strawberry pudding?"

Her: "Yummy! I LOVE strawberry pudding!!!"

Same thing, ding-dong... just different packaging. When I did my first weekend with WERA at Summit, I %100 knew that if I waited until I got to the track to register, I'd be paying an extra $10 (or whatever it was) per race because I waited. Why did I know that? Because I read the pricing structure - the WHOLE pricing structure - prior to paying a single dollar. I also didn't go on the WERA bbs and bitch about having to pay the extra coin for a "membership" fee for a first time rider, knowing that I had zero chance of winning any contingency money to help recoup MY costs. Give me a friggin' break!

And enough of you so-called "racers" bashing on the track day guys. If it wasn't for doing track days, I never would have even THOUGHT of doing a WERA weekend (and paid the membership fees and late fees). Save the track day bashing for the WERA bbs. Good grief, that gives me the shits...

Bubba Zanetti

Jul 14, 2008
PJZOCC624;273847 wrote: It's like a discussion I had with my 3 year old over breakfast the other day...

Her: (looking at her yogurt) "I don't LIKE that! I don't want that, daddy!"

Me: "Why? You like yogurt"

Her: "No I DON'T!"

(I take the yogurt, and while she's not looking I put it into a different bowl and give it back to her)

Me: "How about some strawberry pudding?"

Her: "Yummy! I LOVE strawberry pudding!!!"

Same thing, ding-dong... just different packaging. When I did my first weekend with WERA at Summit, I %100 knew that if I waited until I got to the track to register, I'd be paying an extra $10 (or whatever it was) per race because I waited. Why did I know that? Because I read the pricing structure - the WHOLE pricing structure - prior to paying a single dollar. I also didn't go on the WERA bbs and bitch about having to pay the extra coin for a "membership" fee for a first time rider, knowing that I had zero chance of winning any contingency money to help recoup MY costs. Give me a friggin' break!

And enough of you so-called "racers" bashing on the track day guys. If it wasn't for doing track days, I never would have even THOUGHT of doing a WERA weekend (and paid the membership fees and late fees). Save the track day bashing for the WERA bbs. Good grief, that gives me the shits...
I must have missed the bashing on track day riders. If true, thats pretty sad.

BZ

JRA

Jul 11, 2008
crash675;273852 wrote: Jra what thread? No link to a thread or my phone wont show it.
Sorry, forgot to add the link. Check the post above.

jcrich

Jul 12, 2008
MCO
dickiedoo;273830 wrote:

Yeah, Scooter

You're right. We're all just club racers who are cheap, and don't care about anything other than seat time. Way to stereotype and look like an ill-informed squid. Between the 6 of us we make up an ex-AMA guy, a few newbs, and 2 seasoned racers who all invest healthy amounts of money into the sport we love. We're not cheap, nor are we skipping out on a track day over $30. It's principal and like any free-enterprise system we are voting with our dollars.

You just stay in your little track day world and make fun of those of us who actually strive to make the podium.
Good on you junior. :D
Ahh how predictable, breaking out the big-time club racer persona, Skippy. I knew it was only a matter of time. I am surprised you were able to keep it in as long as you did. It is rather ironic how you and the big time club racers disparage track days and yet here you are standing on your lofty principles wanting track time at a track day. You just keep striving for those wood and plastic trophies and living the dream as a never-was and never-will-be, sunshine. :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Bubba Zanetti;273853 wrote: I must have missed the bashing on track day riders. If true, thats pretty sad.

BZ
Yup, above. Not often on here, but yeah, often on the WERA forum. I don't get it, really. I mean, we're all enjoying the sport of riding on the track. Some of us just choose to not do it competitively for a variety of reasons. Some, not all, of the racers therefore think we're "lesser" somehow. Probably only an outspoken minority, I hope.

Also never understood all the bashing between brands or style of bikes either. To me, if you're enjoying two wheels in any capacity, you're a fellow rider. We can't even get along amongst ourselves. How do we expect car drivers or anyone else to respect us?

Dave561

Control Rider
Apr 25, 2014
Excellent post Judy.

Please do not let us progress this down a negative path. The OP voiced an opinion and others voiced theirs. At this point its probably best to let this one die as there is probbaly more negative than positive to add to this post anymore. Like Judy said, lets all just enjoy riding

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Dave561;273862 wrote: Excellent post Judy.

Please do not let us progress this down a negative path. The OP voiced an opinion and others voiced theirs. At this point its probably best to let this one die as there is probbaly more negative than positive to add to this post anymore. Like Judy said, lets all just enjoy riding
:congrats::cheers: On that note, I'm gonna go fire up the Versys I recently purchased for street riding!

JRA

Jul 11, 2008
Edit: Dave beat me to it.

To follow up on what Judy just said...

I'm thinking Ryan started this thread to vent his frustration at something he feels is unfair. I think both sides of the issue have been presented fairly well, all of the relevant information concerning NESBA pricing, and how to get the cheapest track day pricing has been put forth.

I know the drama aspect of threads like this can be entertaining, but in all honestly, would anybody here really be attacking someone else at the track like often happens in drama threads? Most likely you wouldn't. You might disagree but I doubt there would be any name calling or condescension.

This message board is here mainly so people can bench race and share information. If somebody posts something that isn't truthful or factual I'm going to defend the truth or the facts to the end of the thread, but if someone has an issue with a policy they have every right to say what's on their mind. No question the way this thread started was the wrong way to go about it because it just rubs core NESBA members the wrong way. I'm sure it would have been better received if worded differently. Maybe next year just prior to Cycle Jam Dickiedoo will take a different tact. :D

With that said, no matter which side of this issue you are on, lets keep the personal attacks out of it. There are plenty of other places on the web where you can bash others and they can bash you.

Carry on.

fitz

Jul 27, 2009
HondaGalToo;273864 wrote: :congrats::cheers: On that note, I'm gonna go fire up the Versys I recently purchased for street riding!
:cool: I have one of those too! I've even taken it to the track. :)

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
Jul 12, 2008
HondaGalToo;273836 wrote: Jeez, guys, go have a beer or something. If you want to save money, buy cheap beer. My thoughts? Life's too short to drink cheap beer!:cheers:
Uh, Judy, are you referring to my Schaefer? :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Oldmxer281;273867 wrote: Uh, Judy, are you referring to my Schaefer? :)
Um. No. Well. Maybe. I know, I know. Hahahaha. I can't help it that I like IPAs. I do like a nice cold Yuengling after a trackday, though. Or mowing the lawn.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
fitz;273866 wrote: :cool: I have one of those too! I've even taken it to the track. :)
Cool! I've heard of folks taking them on the track. It handles pretty well, but those 2-pot slider calipers suck compared to what I'm used to. I actually had to break down and lower it. First bike I've had to do that with. Still seems to handle just as well, though.:cool:

Cookieman has one, too. We should start a gang. LMAO.

jcrich

Jul 12, 2008
MCO
JRA;273865 wrote: Edit: Dave beat me to it.

To follow up on what Judy just said...

I'm thinking Ryan started this thread to vent his frustration at something he feels is unfair. I think both sides of the issue have been presented fairly well, all of the relevant information concerning NESBA pricing, and how to get the cheapest track day pricing has been put forth.

I know the drama aspect of threads like this can be entertaining, but in all honestly, would anybody here really be attacking someone else at the track like often happens in drama threads? Most likely you wouldn't. You might disagree but I doubt there would be any name calling or condescension.

This message board is here mainly so people can bench race and share information. If somebody posts something that isn't truthful or factual I'm going to defend the truth or the facts to the end of the thread, but if someone has an issue with a policy they have every right to say what's on their mind. No question the way this thread started was the wrong way to go about it because it just rubs core NESBA members the wrong way. I'm sure it would have been better received if worded differently. Maybe next year just prior to Cycle Jam Dickiedoo will take a different tact. :D

With that said, no matter which side of this issue you are on, lets keep the personal attacks out of it. There are plenty of other places on the web where you can bash others and they can bash you.

Carry on.
Point taken John. My apologies to the OP and everyone else in the thread.

afinepoint

Mar 15, 2010
Hey Dickiedoo,

I may not get the quote just right but "Racing is a hobby that will turn a large fortune into a small one". Track days aren't racing - yeah right. There's no speed limit on the track.

My point is although we are not "racing" this hobby is expensive. Go ahead and total the costs for a typical day: $180- $205 track fee, $100+ for a room (buying a RV doesn't "save money"), fuel (tow vehicle + bike), parts, food, safety equipment - suit, gloves, helmet etc. Let's not talk about crashing.

It's just plain pricey - at least for many of us who aren't independently wealthy.

Perhaps the pricing could be clearer but if $30 rocks your world you are participating in the wrong activity.

Reg