Looking for lap timers

akosi

I am looking for lap timers and I was wondering what most people use. I have a macbook as well I'm not sure if certain timers don't work with macs.

Thanks!

akosi

I'm not sure this is a new thing I am trying to understand. I have seen the ones that show the map, your position, and speed while riding any idea on how much those are and who makes them? I'll probably go with the standard lap timer because of the price, plus thats all I really need at this stage but the other sure would be nice to have.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
The GPS lap timers are pricey you're easily upwards of $500 but like you said they're very nice because they can also do RPM, Throttle, possition, gear etc. The two main companies that make them are XT and Athon.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
It depends on what you want to do, like Em mentioned rpm, throttle, position, etc. I have the Starlane Stealth GPS-3, they run about $400 new and to be honest it's under utilized.

akosi

I'll check that one out as well does it require software to get the data? I was looking at the QSTARZ and I liked it but after some research it looks like I will have to purchase software in order to fully use it.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
akosi;298426 wrote: I'll check that one out as well does it require software to get the data? I was looking at the QSTARZ and I liked it but after some research it looks like I will have to purchase software in order to fully use it.
No software required, once you hook it up to your battery you're golden.

_Rob

I will be using the QStarz BT-Q1000eX (~$200 including software) for the first time this season. It won't capture bike info (throttle position, RPM, etc.), just the GPS data. If you're interested in that one, make sure the software will work on you Mac.

kcor

Kris
Trackday app for iPhone if you have it and wire it down. $5 not including deductible on your phone replacement insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbroken13

I have the iPhone app also... I don't think it's accurate... It shows your lines and stuff.. But your in the woods and stuff... Lol... I had it mounted under the fairing in the back... Maybe if I mounted it outside of the fairings?? Lap times seem close just not your lines

Kruizen

Control Rider
I bought one of the external GPS receivers that has a 5 hertz(?) refresh rate versus the stock of 1 refresh rate. And use my old iphone 4, so I don't have to worry about wading my phone up.

The external gps really increased the accuracy.

bacolmm

_Rob;298462 wrote: I will be using the QStarz BT-Q1000eX (~$200 including software) for the first time this season. It won't capture bike info (throttle position, RPM, etc.), just the GPS data. If you're interested in that one, make sure the software will work on you Mac.
I love mine! Hard to beat for $200 IMHO.

jtdbsr

Another vote for the Pirelli app. Lap times are accurate even with the phone being in my inside pocket of the suit. If you can mount it on the bike in an unobstructed place, even better.