New AMA Racing

NoBull

So I'm looking at the results of the Daytone Supersport race that just finished. I never even heard of the Top 2 guys.

Is this what we should expect from the AMA this year? Total nobodies winning races because the rules are wacky?

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
As I went and looked over at the AMA site, I saw this quote as of today:

"Thursday's season-opening American Superbike race starts at 3:30 p.m. local time and will be featured on SPEED in the premiere of the new AMA Pro Prime Time, Saturday, March 21 at 11 p.m. ET (8 p.m. PT)."

Today is the 5th, for God's sake! I can't believe they don't have air time to show the race for over two weeks and at 11pm at night. That's rediculous!

And Finn, no I don't recognize a single name in the entire Supersport field. This is a sad day for American motorcyle racing. RIP old AMA! :nada:

crewnutz

NoBull;40209 wrote: So I'm looking at the results of the Daytone Supersport race that just finished. I never even heard of the Top 2 guys.

Is this what we should expect from the AMA this year? Total nobodies winning races because the rules are wacky?
hmm.......Tyler Odom isnt a nobody

hes a very fast kid from CA....came from WERA Nationals and AFM

the Supersport class is for 16-21 yr olds

lots of very fast up and comers in this class

NoBull

crewnutz;40215 wrote: hmm.......Tyler Odom isnt a nobody

hes a very fast kid from CA....came from WERA Nationals and AFM

the Supersport class is for 16-21 yr olds

lots of very fast up and comers in this class
I'm sure he's fast. My point is he wins what's aruably his first AMA race. At least I've never seen his name on any Top 15 list before.

Also, how's he going to get any faster when the really fast guys are excluded from the class? I think it was better when riders like Josh Herrin were thrown in at the deep end against your Hayden's and Hackings etc.

crewnutz

NoBull;40224 wrote: I'm sure he's fast. My point is he wins what's aruably his first AMA race. At least I've never seen his name on any Top 15 list before.

Also, how's he going to get any faster when the really fast guys are excluded from the class? I think it was better when riders like Josh Herrin were thrown in at the deep end against your Hayden's and Hackings etc.
thats kind of a silly statement..........read the rules for Supersport.......they are only allowed to compete in the class for 3 yrs n then must move up to Daytona Sportbike, if a rider wins the championship he can no longer race in Supersport

they will get faster but having all those fast kids in one class will no doubt make them all faster and prepare them better for the bigger classes compared to racing WERA, AFM, ASRA, etc....

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
boobies.gif

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Just saw the results on the RoadRacingWorld website for American Superbike. I guess i'll have to wait another 16 days to watch it. Oh wait, it's on at 11pm which is past my bed time. So I guess I'll have to wait 17 days. What a crock of shit! Pardon my french. My last name is Frantz anyway.

cnsmoore

Come on guys....Did you think speed would choose to air an AMA race over the ever so popular PINKS!:banghead:

Joe Vital

this calss is suposed to grow racers, wether it does remains to be seen. i am all for a support class such as this. it will give a national stage to riders that otherwise may not have had that opportunity.

sternsi

Control Rider
people make me laugh

So a class with every young up and comer to the AMA and that is bad racing? Look at the times these guys where running. Some of the best racing will happen in this class. But since YOU never heard of them they must not be that great. These kids have more skill then 99% of the people that open there mouth on this forum and talk about how fast they are ( or making up BS lap times ). The top 6 are all top WERA / CCS racers and are there to learn. Trust me, these kids are gonna pick up speed this season as none of them want to lose. look for there times to not be far off from the " premier " riders.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
i think its awesome that they are 'no-named' people...makes things interesting

by the way...have I ever told ya the time when i ran a 59 sec around summit main??

crewnutz

sternsi;40313 wrote: So a class with every young up and comer to the AMA and that is bad racing? Look at the times these guys where running. Some of the best racing will happen in this class. But since YOU never heard of them they must not be that great. These kids have more skill then 99% of the people that open there mouth on this forum and talk about how fast they are ( or making up BS lap times ). The top 6 are all top WERA / CCS racers and are there to learn. Trust me, these kids are gonna pick up speed this season as none of them want to lose. look for there times to not be far off from the " premier " riders.
finally someone else with some sense :D

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
As much as I hate to say it..SOME of the things DMG is doing, like this, are good for the sport. It is grooming the next generation for professional level racing.

If the Hayden's had been in a similarly formatted class years ago, they would have embarrassed the rest of the field. Nicky was the 1999 Supersport champ at 18, and he beat 20 year old Tommy for that title.

M4 Suzuki has had a tradition of signing a "Young Gun" to develop every season. I think a kid names Spies was part of that at one point in time. I think I met him at VIR in 2001 when he was 17 kicking everyone's butt in the old F-USA series.

Herrin was at a NESBA day at he end of one of our seasons like 3 years ago at VIR. I remember this skinny little ugly kid in a beat up green set of leathers. Next think I know he's on my TV during an AMA Broadcast running a Graves Yamaha R6.

But what they've done to "Superbike" absolutely SUCKS.

Brian Laws

I'm with ya Darrin, I like some of the changes as well. Personally I'd like to see a race on TV within a day or two of the event, but hey I'm just a fan. I'll watch anything that has to do with two wheels.

I believe that lad in 4th rode with NESBA a bit also....

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
So three good points:

The "Young Guns" class is ultimately a smart step by DMG, outstanding way to look at it and we should pay attention to the riders and results...
You can be dissappointed and disgruntled by that picture of the paddock girls (as am I) but if you were standing next to any one of them for the reason they represent, I am pretty sure it wouldn't matter
Speed and DMG have made an err in judgement airing the races 2 weeks after the race in lieu of shows like Pinks and Superbikes, but they will be showing the races and at this point in this drama i am thanksful for that.

Oh and lemondrop...sliding across the start finish line on your ass doesn't count as a lap and Jim is F-R-A-N-T-Z pronounced "ghey"...sorry boys couldn't resist.

quit whining, at least we have a two-wheeled series!

commence backlash...