New AMA Racing

D.Brown

I took my riding to the track to get away from cars! Especially the ones with flashing lights!NESBA runs a better show!

Rick Johnson

All I'm going to say is DMG=Dicked Motorcycle racing Good!
Now we have to wait two weeks to watch the rest of the races
They suck period!Hayes would have probally won with the lead
he had before they brought the stupid pace car out again near the
end of the race.He just pushed alittle too hard trying to get his lead
back resulting in a crash.His wife finished well though.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
John, you have to take into consideration that only the smallest of percentages of the motorcycling riding community races. Knowing those people that are running up front in the club races aren't important to most of us. We want to see the guys that have built a name for themselves and are being paid big money to race. I believe I know a lot of the guys racing on this coast (Wood, Jensen, Bermisderfer, etc.) that are top of their class, but I couldn't tell you anyone that is outside of the top riders. (With the exception of some Nesba guys). I definitely couldn't tell you anyone that rides in the west coast regions. If you don't know the people running, who do you cheer for?

Finn's orignal post was just that, who are these guys? He didn't say they were good or bad, just who were they. How many people watched the Red Bull Rookies cup? Not many, because it wasn't aired, or aired much. I think that DMG is trying to setup this class just like that one. Good for the little guys, but I still don't know who they are. I will for certain know who Tyler Odom is from now on.

I'm just glad that I was able to watch a race close to the actual time it was raced. Just give DMG some time to figure things out. You gotta expect that things won't go perfectly the first time out. Nesba took that approach a long time ago and everything we do has been tried and tested for years. DMG is trying some new things and they may or may not work. I'll at least give them the opportunity to try.

TheGrouch

They can shuffle the class structure how they like (personally I like the idea of a young guns class + a 600 class + a SBK class).

However, for the life of me I can't understand why they screwed up the riders' numbers. What good can come from that? The long term fans can't tell who is who. The announcers are getting names mixed up with old numbers. What was the purpose of this change? And what is the point of running #1 (Zemke) and #1S (Bostrom)?

Matt H

TheGrouch;40472 wrote: They can shuffle the class structure how they like (personally I like the idea of a young guns class + a 600 class + a SBK class).
:agree:

TheGrouch;40472 wrote: However, for the life of me I can't understand why they screwed up the riders' numbers. What good can come from that? The long term fans can't tell who is who. The announcers are getting names mixed up with old numbers. What was the purpose of this change?

TheGrouch;40472 wrote:
And what is the point of running #1 (Zemke) and #1S (Bostrom)?
Since Daytona Sportbike is some sort of combination of the old SuperSport and the old Formula Extreme, the felt both deserved the be able to run the #1 plate - hence #1x was Zemke for Formula Extreme, and #1s was Bostrom for SuperSport.

jsin38

JRA;40424 wrote:

Seriously, everybody had to see how similar that race was to a Nascar race, right?

I've watched NASCAR for longer than I care to admit but lately it has become a joke. If you can't see a pattern in 9 out of 10 races going to a green, white, checkered finish, then you are beyond hope. That is the first thing that popped into my head when the safety car kept popping up.

Oh, and it wouldn't surprise me if the speedway electrician is a few hundred dollars richer for making those lights go out. Nice way to bunch the field up.

TheGrouch

Matt H;40477 wrote:
Since Daytona Sportbike is some sort of combination of the old SuperSport and the old Formula Extreme, the felt both deserved the be able to run the #1 plate - hence #1x was Zemke for Formula Extreme, and #1s was Bostrom for SuperSport.
So the "Champ Runs #1" rule is what DMG decided to try keeping the same? Not the riders' normal numbers by which everyone knows them? Brilliant.

fossilfuel

You should see some of the feedback on the SPEED Channel. I'm guilty I posted my displeasure but it all started with the World Superbike races. I can't believe that SPEED can't show the two races back to back? What the Hell? They can show that f'n "SUPERBIKES" ten times a week. I think that DMG AMA and Speed Channel are taking everybody for a ride down F..k You lane. Hop on board if you want.
The way I see it the common denominator in MotoGP, World Superbike, and DMG is this F..K'n Speed Channel. Regardless of how f'd up the DMG racing is Speed is calling the shots when it comes to the programming. They've signed deals and they've got us by the balls.

D-Swens

DMG is completely ruining this sport.:mad::argh: I'm so depressed about that I don't energy to write how I feel about it...well maybe just a little venting! YES they have made some positive efforts and had a FEW good ideas, but those have been grosely outweighed by the harm they have done to the sport and the way they have alienated long time fans, riders, teams, and long time financial support. 2 steps forward and 3 steps back, over and over again is NOT a good thing. I really tried to maintain a positive attitude towards this thing and cling to some hope for a bright AMA future, but this pretty much took the last of it for me. WSBK looks like it will kick ass this year, but I really wanted to hang on to some good old "American" tradition and root for a home grown series/sport...

That race on speed was a total debauchery, and pretty much ruined my entire weekend because of what it made me think about how the rest of the season will be. I might have the time energy to rant for pages on end about how crappy this is tomorrow...
If they are going to show races 2 WEEKS LATER at 11:00 PM then they might as well not show the damn things at all. By that point the race is irrelevant, they might was well be showing re-runs of good races from last year, it has about equal importance/relevance to what is going on durring the week in which it will actually air. Look at your TV guide and count the hours of behind the scenes nascar talk, and pass time, and pinks re-runs and stupid red-neck crap that gets shown over and over again before we can squeeze in 1 measly hour of or beloved bikes. I know nascar is important to a mass audience, but beyond the racing itself and the post race wrap-up crap, all the extra crap that goes with it can't be more popular than superbike racing is it??? I mean are there that many people out there that would rather watch Jimmy Johnson and Mark Martin go bass fishing and talk about the weather than watch live motorsports even if they only have two wheels??? if thats the case their is no hope for the American public :argh::banghead:

D-Swens

lemondrop;40366 wrote: maybe we should start running moonshine through different counties...trying to outrun the cops.....

just throwin' it out there......

on a lighter note I think this might work to save the sport...and the ecconomy all in one. Count me in, we can use my shop as a staging point for crossing the Mason Dixon...:D

jimgl3

hey Drew, is it just me or have the bikes gotten more colorful? that could help your business...