New organization

Spacemedic

rchase;302611 wrote: NESBA SE might be a better option. :)

I think you have to take the NESBA out. It left too many people with a bad taste with all the poor communication.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fitz

OK I can't resist!, how about...

NESBA Bike Association? :D

SBRADPIW - Sport Bike Riding Any Damn Place I Want

CFTTSFTB - Come For The Track Stay For The Beer

AT&T- Addicted To Track

IGOTBSTFU- I'm Getting Off The Bike STFU

rchase

Spacemedic;302614 wrote: I think you have to take the NESBA out. It left too many people with a bad taste with all the poor communication.
Fair enough. I'm an outsider that had planned on riding my first time with you guys at the Barber day that was canceled. I had heard of NESBA for years but was not really aware of the communication issues.

At this point though I think I may just cut my losses and go ahead and sign up for this seasons dates with my old track day org. Despite the minor issues I was trying to get away from they do actually deliver on their dates. I hope you guys get this all sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Once the new org is more established I might come and check things out.

Spacemedic

rchase;302618 wrote: Fair enough. I'm an outsider that had planned on riding my first time with you guys at the Barber day that was canceled. I had heard of NESBA for years but was not really aware of the communication issues.

At this point though I think I may just cut my losses and go ahead and sign up for this seasons dates with my old track day org. Despite the minor issues I was trying to get away from they do actually deliver on their dates. I hope you guys get this all sorted out to everyone's satisfaction. Once the new org is more established I might come and check things out.
Absolutely come check things out. The way that the actual trackdays were run was excellent. Hope to see you sooner than later. :cheers:
fitz;302616 wrote:
OK I can't resist!, how about...

AT&T- Addicted To Track

"CFTTSFTB" - this one!

physicistkev

Control Rider
rchase;302593 wrote: The big thing that concerns me most about the way this was handled is there was an entire winter for the "deal" to go down with the other company.
I think you're making a big assumption. One that I am betting is incorrect. I don't think the people trying to take over had any idea what was going on until 7 days ago. I have been told that the SE crew didn't know anything was wrong until last weekend. That puts the issue straight on NESBA management, not N2. Couple that with not being able to make any kind of representation to membership and I think this scenario is what you end up with. The new management can't say anything and they just found out about the issues. I think that Rob and the new guys/gals are doing the best job they can. Let it go through the machine and we will deal with what comes out on the other side.

If anyone wants to dispute, don't let me stop you. I don't think anyone will hold it against you, however, as I stated in other posts, if you don't like what comes out you can still dispute. No reason to make the current proceeding any harder than it already is on the people trying to put all the pieces back together.

windblown

Folks are complaining about the new name? Seriously? :doh:

It's a trackday org. Limited competition, limited customer base. Their reputation for how handle themselves and their trackdays will determine their success or failure, not the name. I'm guessing they could call the group "TRC" (The Rainbow Coalition) and it would not make a significant difference.

Regardless: Wishing the folks picking up the torch the best! I'll be keeping an eye on how things shake out.

CBRtist

Spacemedic;302500 wrote: N2 trackdays?? Would you consider a different name? If you ran that name by a focus group, I think they would probably shoot it down. It sounds terribly cheesy.

"What are up to this weekend?"
-"Oh, I'm going to do a trackday with N2 trackdays."

Absolutely terrible to say it out loud. I wish you luck! And hopefully I'll register a lot track time with you, if you change the name...
There's nothing wrong with the name. I'm sure things moved very quickly and they needed to get a physical name on documents to get the ball rolling. Not the best name in the world, but not the worst. Name recognition is just one element to the marketing machine. I've had clients who have had terrible name choices (and equally terrible logos), and I was still able to design successful branding and campaigns.

Besides that ^ you forget the value of the product will probably be outstanding, so I don't think people will be putting too much thought into the name ;)

I'm looking forward to this development :)

yokel84

I really would've liked to have stuck with NESBA, but I was already overextended and simply couldn't tolerate the risk of not pulling out when I did. I'm still grateful to all the people involved for helping me realize my passion for riding motorcycles as fast as I can.

While I may disagree with the way things were done, I do trust they were done for the sake of the members with a HUGE number of credits on NESBAs books. I'd imagine the most likely way to honor everyone's credits, was to keep the organization going.

All to often, though, financial health is based on people's perceptions. I really hope to see this community continue to thrive.

TLDr—Ride in the rain; it'll teach you a lot about traction.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Maybe...JUST maybe the $2000 season pass special offer was an attempt to raise enough operating cash to start this season off and Bob hoped that startup cash would get NESBA's season going..but it didn't work out, and he had no intention of any of this happening.

Speculation..but it is possible.

Two smaller, more agile organizations may be better and run smoother than the Goliath NESBA became.

yokel84

I agree. It seems logical that lack of signed contracts with tracks wasn't a red herring, but evidence of informal agreements in order to maintain flexibility based on demand/ new capital.

Anyway, speculation should probably be avoided it's just too tempting.

maxpr1

fitz;302616 wrote: OK I can't resist!, how about...

AT&T- Addicted To Track

Anybody know where I can get a "CFTTSFTB" Sticker?:D

Spacemedic

CBRtist;302627 wrote: There's nothing wrong with the name. I'm sure things moved very quickly and they needed to get a physical name on documents to get the ball rolling. Not the best name in the world, but not the worst. Name recognition is just one element to the marketing machine. I've had clients who have had terrible name choices (and equally terrible logos), and I was still able to design successful branding and campaigns.

Besides that ^ you forget the value of the product will probably be outstanding, so I don't think people will be putting too much thought into the name ;)

I agree with you on most of these points. And of course it can still be successful and very likely the product will be great. But we need more and new riders. Imagine "N2 trackdays" on a t-shirt.

Suzuki GSX-R600

motorkas

CBRtist;302627 wrote: There's nothing wrong with the name. I'm sure things moved very quickly and they needed to get a physical name on documents to get the ball rolling. Not the best name in the world, but not the worst. Name recognition is just one element to the marketing machine. I've had clients who have had terrible name choices (and equally terrible logos), and I was still able to design successful branding and campaigns.

:agree:

People thought Toyota, Honda and Nissan were crazy to start their luxury brands and name them Lexus, Acura and Infinity (people thought Datsun was doomed once it changed its name to Nissan). When Google, Yahoo, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Ebay ect were doing their IPO's. . .Berkshire Hathaway was the name of a paper manufacturer if Im not mistaken. . .

Hell, probably the cheesiest named thing I own is a CZ 550 "Ultimate Hunting Rifle" with a just as cheesy named "NightForce" scope. . .but all that cheesiness guarantees MOA out to a 1000yrds. . .;)

But my all time personal favorite - who in their right mind would name a car a "Barracuda". . .:adore::adore::D

borislav

Control Rider
motorkas;302643 wrote: :agree:

People thought Toyota, Honda and Nissan were crazy to start their luxury brands and name them Lexus, Acura and Infinity (people thought Datsun was doomed once it changed its name to Nissan). When Google, Yahoo, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Ebay ect were doing their IPO's. . .Berkshire Hathaway was the name of a paper manufacturer if Im not mistaken. . .

Hell, probably the cheesiest named thing I own is a CZ 550 "Ultimate Hunting Rifle" with a just as cheesy named "NightForce" scope. . .but all that cheesiness guarantees MOA out to a 1000yrds. . .;)

But my all time personal favorite - who in their right mind would name a car a "Barracuda". . .:adore::adore::D
CZ=good stuff!!!
One more example :D
Who would name a condom Trojan!? If you know history first thought would be diversion!Diversion+condom+sex=potential problem!
But because QUALITY is there nobody care about name!!!:D

motorkas

borislav;302644 wrote: CZ=good stuff!!!
One more example :)
Who would name a condom Trojan!? If you know history first thought would be diversion but that word+condom+sex=potential problem!
But because QUALITY is there nobody care about name!!!:D
Bo, love me some CZ - (country as well as the firearms). . .current have S&W's H&K's FN's, SIGS, Rock River, Kimber and Glock (another cheesy name) in the house and if the zombies come - grabbing all my CZs first. . .:)

. . .to this day, I still don't know what the correct pronunciation of Ohlins, Shoei, Marchesini and Dainese are. . .:D. . .

noobinacan

Good to hear about the new org for sure! and hopefully you all will have some summit main dates :) ?

Mike55;302602 wrote: Haha!!! I do appreciate you stepping up to moderate. I know that level heads always prevail. One thing's for sure: never engage in a forum conversation before noon : )
I'd say this to anyone in person too, so why not here.
I don't understand why everyone's after Mike55, dude's got $2k tied up.
that's riding budget for the whole season for a lot of people and I'd be up in arms too.