Oct 2 @ Putnam, anyone going?

beac83

Seems there are Cycle Options days at Putnam Oct 1 & 2.
I'm thinking of heading down for Sunday, but wonder if anyone has run with them and has opinions on their style to share.

nk140

I will be there for both days. They are a decent org. Very laid back. I have had no problems with them.

some guy #2

Very laid back org (no CR's really). Sign up for I and I bet you'll be fine out there.

I wonder how many people will come out for "practice"?

kbonigut

putnam

i think i am going but if it rains again i may need to move to another state. autobahn this last weekend killed me. hopefully going down for sunday.

I have ridden with these guys before and its a fun day, no real CRs but the group I rode with was pretty safe/fun.

geekmug

beac83;215995 wrote: Seems there are Cycle Options days at Putnam Oct 1 & 2.
I'm thinking of heading down for Sunday, but wonder if anyone has run with them and has opinions on their style to share.
I've rode with them before. Their class structure is a little different since they try to get a lot more street and vintage riders to come out and ride, so the "Sport/Street" class is a bit of a weird mix of folks. Their "Intermediate" group relative to NESBA probably spans a fast B to mid-pack I pace, but with A group passing rules :wow:. They put coach riders out in the "Sport/Street" group consistently, but in the "Intermediate" group it seemed to be by special request only. I haven't rode with their "Hot Race" group yet.

One hand for yourself, and one for the ship.

jimmeigs

I already winterized the track bike, but this is tempting.....I'll watch the weather and see. Thanks for posting this.

finny47

I think I'm going.
If someone has room in their trailer, I'll be happy to split the cost and driving.
PM me.

beac83

I'm 95% in. Anyone want a ride share from Chicago? Headed down Sat afternoon. Room at the Econolodge, ride Sunday & drive back after.

kbonigut

all set

i am in for Saturday, heading down at 4:30 am, should be real well rested when i get there :)
dont jinx the weather, if it rains again I am taking up stamp collecting.