Pirelli tire question

jwardr6

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the Pirelli Dragon super corsa SC1 blue and the SC2 green?

Yank 521

Control Rider
i will do my best of what i think. the dragon was an ama spec tire a couple years ago i think.
the sc blue is a soft compound the green is a med.. the sc's are what pirelli is running in the regional races. i use a blue rear and a green front. there is also a yellow front which is hard i think. there is a white rear that is super soft.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
:agree:

SC1, SC2, and SC3 are the compounds. soft, medium, hard. Not a racer and like to get good # of days on each tire, so i use SC2 front and rear

slowpoke

:agree:

however, the new 60 series Diablos are a new compound. they will no longer offer an SC3 (yellow) in the new 60 series Diablo. they will have sc1 and 2; but the compounds are different and a blue is not necessarily a soft anymore.

I don't know who the eff comes up with the tire codes/names, but they should be kicked in the nuts repeatedly for making a confusing situation even more confusing.

slowpoke

stealth 521;177481 wrote: can't wait to try the 60 series.
:agree: so far, i've heard great things about them from VIR. Sounds like the new SC1s have the grip of the old 55s but much more durable.

Will be curious to see how they hold up for multiple days.

lemondrop

slowpoke;177484 wrote: :agree: so far, i've heard great things about them from VIR. Sounds like the new SC1s have the grip of the old 55s but much more durable.

Will be curious to see how they hold up for multiple days.
is that what you are running nowadays?? SC1's??

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I've only seen the Dragon Supercorsa Pros available in SC2 rear, and SC2 or SC1 front, just an fyi.

The top of the line Diablo Corsa comes in those, plus the others mentioned.

slowpoke

lemondrop;177495 wrote: is that what you are running nowadays?? SC1's??
Lemon -

I'm still running the old Diablo green/green (SC2), but I'm going to order some of the new SC1's which are their latest compound. They've also changed the profile to a 180/60 or 200/60 for liters- hence the "new 60 series"

gkotlin

slowpoke;177473 wrote: :agree:

however, the new 60 series Diablos are a new compound. they will no longer offer an SC3 (yellow) in the new 60 series Diablo. they will have sc1 and 2; but the compounds are different and a blue is not necessarily a soft anymore.

I don't know who the eff comes up with the tire codes/names, but they should be kicked in the nuts repeatedly for making a confusing situation even more confusing.
I always thought the SC1 or blue were super soft. No one wants to call their tire hard. I thought it was qualifier SC0, Super soft SC1 or blue, soft SC2 or Green and SC3 medium or yellow. Not that it really matters. :)

lemondrop

slowpoke;177506 wrote: Lemon -

I'm still running the old Diablo green/green (SC2), but I'm going to order some of the new SC1's which are their latest compound. They've also changed the profile to a 180/60 or 200/60 for liters- hence the "new 60 series"
be interested if you notice the difference between the 55 and the 60....i felt a huge difference when going from 190 dunlops to 180 pirellis.

I am assuming the 60's will have a larger, more prominent, crescent shape to them and afford quicker turn in??

Bseville

lemondrop;177641 wrote: be interested if you notice the difference between the 55 and the 60....i felt a huge difference when going from 190 dunlops to 180 pirellis.

I am assuming the 60's will have a larger, more prominent, crescent shape to them and afford quicker turn in??
I assume a huge difference in a good way? Were you running the NTEC 211's or the 211 GPA's?

slowpoke

lemondrop;177641 wrote: be interested if you notice the difference between the 55 and the 60....i felt a huge difference when going from 190 dunlops to 180 pirellis.

not expecting to see any difference due to profile of 60 vs 55. i am looking forward to the new compound though - so far, i've heard great things.

slowpoke

Gorilla;177901 wrote: The new 60/200 is the Chit. I did have to raise the front of the bike 6mm to compensate.
good to hear and thanks for geometry info - did you run the blue/blue?

lemondrop

Bseville;177879 wrote: I assume a huge difference in a good way? Were you running the NTEC 211's or the 211 GPA's?
209's...im old school and had a pike to get rid of.

huge difference in a good way...hadnt ridden on a 180 in a while....bike turned in well and was steady throughout the turn.

lemondrop

Gorilla;177901 wrote: The new 60/200 is the Chit. I did have to raise the front of the bike 6mm to compensate.
was this something the pirellis guys recommended or your personal findings? if personal info, did you find the bike to be too twitchy prior to raising the front? just wondering, as i enjoy my set up now, but my forks are flush with my top clamp and do not have the 6 mm to give.

slowpoke

lemondrop;177913 wrote: was this something the pirellis guys recommended or your personal findings? if personal info, did you find the bike to be too twitchy prior to raising the front? just wondering, as i enjoy my set up now, but my forks are flush with my top clamp and do not have the 6 mm to give.
you can always lower the rear which is my plan if i end up needing adjustment since i dont have any room on the front end either.

when i run dunlops, i end up dropping the rear compared to pirelli set up.

Gorilla

Control Rider
slowpoke;177907 wrote: good to hear and thanks for geometry info - did you run the blue/blue?
Green/Green testing for Endurance

lemondrop;177913 wrote:
was this something the pirellis guys recommended or your personal findings? if personal info, did you find the bike to be too twitchy prior to raising the front? just wondering, as i enjoy my set up now, but my forks are flush with my top clamp and do not have the 6 mm to give.
Personal, I came off of a 190/55 it felt like the front wanted to tuck in the sweepers at Roebling. My fork were flush too I sunk them in the clamps 6mm as long as you don't go passed half way you should be OK.

lemondrop

slowpoke;177919 wrote: you can always lower the rear which is my plan if i end up needing adjustment since i dont have any room on the front end either.
need to get with you on this sometime, as I have no clue how to do this without exchanging teh shock linkage.

Gorilla;177929 wrote:
Personal, I came off of a 190/55 it felt like the front wanted to tuck in the sweepers at Roebling. My fork were flush too I sunk them in the clamps 6mm as long as you don't go passed half way you should be OK.
thats the way i felt when i had my forks 4mm above the triple running 190/55 dunlops...hence the flush-ness now