Pirelli tire question

slowpoke

Gorilla;177901 wrote: The new 60/200 is the Chit. I did have to raise the front of the bike 6mm to compensate.
Gorilla;177929 wrote:

Personal, I came off of a 190/55 it felt like the front wanted to tuck in the sweepers at Roebling. My fork were flush too I sunk them in the clamps 6mm as long as you don't go passed half way you should be OK.
didn't this essentially lower the front vs raising it?:notsure:

I appreciate the info

Tony A

^^^
no he raised the front by sliding the fork tubes lower into the clamps. This raises the front of bike
As was suggested dont go beyound 1/2 down on upper clamp.

slowpoke

Tony A;178047 wrote: ^^^
no he raised the front by sliding the fork tubes lower into the clamps. This raises the front of bike
As was suggested dont go beyound 1/2 down on upper clamp.
thought about this for awhile - doesn't make sense.

dropping triple puts the bike more on its nose which is lowering the front.

Tony A

Make a circle with your index finger and thumb, take the other index finger and put it in the circle, from the bottom. Now lower that finger in the circle. which way did the front end go??

dbakerpa

Anyone have a comparison ride on the dunlop 209s vs the SC2s. I am trying to figure out which one to run for SS.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Tony A;178145 wrote: Make a circle with your index finger and thumb, take the other index finger and put it in the circle, from the bottom. Now lower that finger in the circle. which way did the front end go??
how did you know my pick-up maneuvers for the ladies in college????

slowpoke

Smithereens;178128 wrote: Just keep thinking......he said he dropped the tubes inside the triples
thanks Kris - i didn't realize he was saying to go below flush w/ the forks. I never thought of that and it makes perfect sense.

Tony - i was gonna tell you where to put your 3 fingers, but you're too nice a guy:D