Please review Bridgestone Battleaxe BT-016 here.

aowens2

Looking to get a new set of shoes for the ol scooter(motorcycle). :notsure:Wondering if this is a good decision. Got a dealer where I live offering a "special" on them. Thanks for all your input ahead of time guys.

crewnutz

Bridgestones arent bad tires but the Pirelli DC3 is much better trackday tire than that Bridgestone your looking at

jimgl3

oh, jeeze! here we go again! dude, what group are you in, etc.?

I'm in B group. I did 2 track days at Rd Atlanta on bt-021 sport touring tires with no worries

I did 2 days at Barber on bt-016 with no worries. plan do run the same 016's Saturday at Barber.

aowens2

Ill be starting out in B group just cause its my first time with NESBA on the track, I may be able to move up to Intermediate, but don't want slippery tires keeping me from doing so. Im traditionally a Dunlop Qulifier kinda guy, and haven't had problem's out of the Michelin PP's either. Just wanna see what others think here before I drop the $300. Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

jimgl3

if you can run I group and are going to get Bridgestones, get you the bt-002RS at least, or bt-003 if you have warmers.
but if you can buy your tires from derek and wont be a nervous wreck waiting to get them mounted the morning of... get the dc3's from derek.

ta2kutz

DONT WORRY BOUT THE TIRES
i was running mid i group on a 530 lb bike on maxxis supermaxx tires.......never spun up either. and the bike puts out a good 78 ft/lbs

the other question is how good is the deal???????
my local guy i still get pirelli dc3's for 260 a set even with the bump in price

jimgl3

ta2kutz;38735 wrote: DONT WORRY BOUT THE TIRES
i was running mid i group on a 530 lb bike on maxxis supermaxx tires.......never spun up either. and the bike puts out a good 78 ft/lbs

my local guy i still get pirelli dc3's for 260 a set even with the bump in price
yeah, but you have :a: skills. :doh:

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
It's not the tires that you ride, it's how you ride the tires. A lot of people (myself included) get all wrapped up in the great tire debate. Just pick a tire and stick with it. Get enough track time and sneak up on the limits of the tires so you know what it feels like, then go to the stickies. I ran the BT-016s with no warmers my last 5 events last year (07 zx6r), and will continue to until I can get that feel of adhesion.
I found 29 front, 29 rear hot works quite well for wear and grip. They only take a couple laps to warm up. The only sorta complaint about them is the rear edge compound gets gooey on high track temps, but it's smooth and predictable.
I run mid-I group times.

LesPow

Control Rider
I agree with Ninjaman,:agree: I ran them a few times last season even posted the same question on the forum. I had no problems with them. Ride within your limits and have fun.

Chip

Just put my second set of 016's on my R1. They seem to need a bit more break in time than the 2CT's I was running before, but I like them once they're good and scuffed in. Cheaper than 2ct's, too

aowens2

ta2kutz;38735 wrote: DONT WORRY BOUT THE TIRES

$260 for a set to go on the 'ol R1. Not too shabby I don't think.

After much, much, much review I have decided to grab some them Stone 016's. And will have my tire changin equipment handy just incase.

Don't wanna get in trouble here, pretty sure the track has someone setup to change tires. I'll try and help change tires for anybody who needs it Sunday if time permits. Lets just say it'll be cheaper than the "designated" changer.

And great point, planned on stayin within the limits on this one, don't think I will be bustin any track records the first go around. See you guys Sunday!!

pefrey

You asked about the BT016

I'm quoting somebody else:

"Sport Rider magazine just did a tire test of trackstreet tires. Conti Sport Attacks were, by far, the worst tested. They rated them on a GSX-R600 and a ZX-10 in categories of braking, traction, steering and general.

1. PP 2CT Scored 90.1
2. BStone BT-016 -89.5
3. Qualifier - 88.7
4. DCIII - 88.3
5.Avon Viper - 86
6. Metzler M3 - 87.3
7. Sport Attack - 81.1

I personally have tried a few of these and love the DC3's"

ta2kutz

i ran pp 2ct's also . i think the dc3 is right there on grip and feel and they last a whole lot longer for me.

jimgl3

do you have a link to that test? or can you post it some way in it's entirety?

did they test an oem 016 or a retail 016? the oem's don't have all the compounds of the retail tires