Post your video links from Summit Main 9/12-9/13 here!

ontheR6

1up5down;84502 wrote: Hey, that was good riding and sound decision making. Like, I said "I would have done the same". Hope you and your bike didn't suffer much damage and your back out there soon.
Thanks Alan, BTW you have to see the video of you, that was some real nice riding, i'll send you the link when its up..
Gus.

allsystemsrgo

1up5down;84493 wrote: :notsure: at 4:11 in the video, did I see you pass a CR on the right side just before the bridge. Not sure you got the wave by either. I know it was a safety call to pass on the right as the slower rider was on the left. I would have done the same.
Al, I know you have some good footage from this past weekend. Now hurry up and post up man!!!!!:popcorn:

ScottLevy

Control Rider
ontheR6;84497 wrote: Yes, you are right, and thanks for being understanding, it was a judgement call, the CR slowed and waived us by, its not very clear in the vid (updated the firmware and this was the result, hero gopro), i had committed to making the pass and had i stayed to the left of the CR i would have pushed my friend off the track, i chose to go to the right, we were both carrying alot of speed and under full acceleration out of T9.
I would like to apologize to the CR for that pass, but please understand that i had no choice - asspack the CR, get asspacked, or push the other rider off the track. The other rider is my hero:adore: Chris:adore:!!! i'd crash into the wall before i take him or anyone else out!!
Here's my take on it. You were at 70mph mid corner. You accelerated to over 100mph before you even had a clear, proper line around the guy in front of you as well as the CR. You can easily see that the guy in front of you was first in line behind the CR. If that were me making a "safety call," I would have waited to pass the guy in front until I had a clear path around the CR on the correct side. I don't understand how you can pass the CR on the right and call it a safe move at any place on the track. When the CRs look behind to the left, the natural tendency is to drift right, hence the rule of absolutely no passing on the right. You could easily have gotten taken out or taken him out with a bridge abutment coming up on the right to boot. In this case it worked out, but IMO, it shouldn't even have been an option for passing the guy in front of you. Mind you, T10 was just ahead and you had the whole straight to get by him. Not sure the juice was worth the squeeze here.

One last thought I would throw out there is to plan many steps ahead, not just one. It looked like you planned only one move ahead by: to pass the guy in front. If you looked three steps ahead, you most likely would have seen that there was no way to get around the guy and get around the left side of the CR safely and made the smarter move to wait one more corner.

The Chad

Control Rider
Number864;84517 wrote: Here's my take on it. You were at 70mph mid corner. You accelerated to over 100mph before you even had a clear, proper line around the guy in front of you as well as the CR. You can easily see that the guy in front of you was first in line behind the CR. If that were me making a "safety call," I would have waited to pass the guy in front until I had a clear path around the CR on the correct side. I don't understand how you can pass the CR on the right and call it a safe move at any place on the track. When the CRs look behind to the left, the natural tendency is to drift right, hence the rule of absolutely no passing on the right. You could easily have gotten taken out or taken him out with a bridge abutment coming up on the right to boot. In this case it worked out, but IMO, it shouldn't even have been an option for passing the guy in front of you. Mind you, T10 was just ahead and you had the whole straight to get by him. Not sure the juice was worth the squeeze here.

One last thought I would throw out there is to plan many steps ahead, not just one. It looked like you planned only one move ahead by: to pass the guy in front. If you looked three steps ahead, you most likely would have seen that there was no way to get around the guy and get around the left side of the CR safely and made the smarter move to wait one more corner.
:agree:

Part of this game is keeping your mind far enough ahead of your riding so that when situations arise you have the ability to make the correct decisions and make the adjustments needed to ensure that everyone remains as safe as possible. Remember we are not racing; we are all out to have fun and improve our skills.

ontheR6

Number864;84517 wrote: Here's my take on it. You were at 70mph mid corner. You accelerated to over 100mph before you even had a clear, proper line around the guy in front of you as well as the CR. You can easily see that the guy in front of you was first in line behind the CR. If that were me making a "safety call," I would have waited to pass the guy in front until I had a clear path around the CR on the correct side. I don't understand how you can pass the CR on the right and call it a safe move at any place on the track. When the CRs look behind to the left, the natural tendency is to drift right, hence the rule of absolutely no passing on the right. You could easily have gotten taken out or taken him out with a bridge abutment coming up on the right to boot. In this case it worked out, but IMO, it shouldn't even have been an option for passing the guy in front of you. Mind you, T10 was just ahead and you had the whole straight to get by him. Not sure the juice was worth the squeeze here.

Thank you for you input, i have to say that i agree with you 100%, it was a move that shouldn't have been made and could have waited for the straight, especially overtaking a CR on the right when he's looking back! no overtaking CRs on the right is the rule! and its there for a reason, let this be a very good example to all riders of how never to overtake a CR. I am lucky that all went well this time.
This is not a race, we are told to leave plenty of room for error, and in this case it wasn't so.
I once again apologize to the CR for this stupid move and i also apologize to Nesbians for risking your safety, it really wasn't my intention.
Like you said, one needs to be planning 3 steps ahead.
Lesson learned, never break the rules, expect the unexpected, look ahead, and most important, be patient!

ckgtimk2

here is some video of the Advanced group from sunday, 2 different sessions.
it was chads 2nd day in the A group, following him most of the video until i got impatient haha. he put in some nice clean passes on the brakes into 1, 2 riders at a time.

i have some more vid ill post up later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBxsqoo5SA

ScottLevy

Control Rider
That is outrageous. It looks like it pulls like a liter. You pass me out of 2 around 7:45 like I'm standing still and I'm flat out on my 04. I need a new bike :)

1up5down

Control Rider
Hey

ontheR6;84503 wrote: Thanks Alan, BTW you have to see the video of you, that was some real nice riding, i'll send you the link when its up..
Gus.
Gus - I didn't know that was you that lost the front end in T6 on Sunday. I noticed a bike down over there, but never knew who it was. Sorry to hear that. You were riding well out there (Sat & Sun) and that DAMN R6 pulls like sh#@.

allsystemsrgo;84513 wrote: Al, I know you have some good footage from this past weekend. Now hurry up and post up man!!!!!:popcorn:
Hey June -

I'm not that savy with the video technology. It's going take me a while to learn how to edit the waiting for the session to begin and all that stuff. I'll get something up soon!

ontheR6;84565 wrote:
Here is another Vid from I group starring 1up5down.
Great riding Allen!! Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX71L5SzuwM
Gus -

Thanks, for posting this up. Now, everyone can see how slow I am in T1 & T10. I just couldn't get a good rhythm out of those turns. I ran fairly well boths days, but I still have areas to work on. I'm looking forward to doing that at Lightning on Monday:D! Stay in touch!

Mysteryman

Number864;84592 wrote: That is outrageous. It looks like it pulls like a liter. You pass me out of 2 around 7:45 like I'm standing still and I'm flat out on my 04. I need a new bike :)
little thing called cornerspeed. that combined with being a little fucker and catching a draft of the big bores. That is a strong running 08 he has. not much done but it pulls.

NoBull

Mysteryman;84722 wrote: little thing called cornerspeed. that combined with being a little fucker and catching a draft of the big bores. That is a strong running 08 he has. not much done but it pulls.
Look at the video again. They go into T1 at exactly the same speed and in fact 864 pulls him a little between 1 and 2 but then #9 gets on the gas real hard and has a lot more power and just pulls away.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Not much, just working and saving money. You know, the things you can do when not addicted to this sport.

My injuries are going to take a lot longer to heal than originally thought. 3+ months later and I am still having considerable difficulties every day. All of my doc's say it's just going to take time. Sucks, cause it still hurts... a lot, when I flex my left ribcage. Waking up sucks the most. Still can't sleep on my stomach and my left rib cage sticks out about 1 centimeter more than my right. I feel lucky I didn't do more damage, because the follow on stuff from my docs has shown I must have had one hell of an impact when I tumbled.

So the old gal is still in the garage to see how I do next year. If any of this is permanent then I wont get a new bike. Just limp along out there as I am, but if I heal up well, then its on to a newer 600.

Sorry for the hijack... carry on