Road Atlanta Dates Have Changed

yokel84

Wow, this is getting depressing.

I'm more worried about this org. right now than I'm concerned about how all this inconveniences me.. and I'm pretty worried about that.

Hope to see everyone at the track.

Pseudolus

Ruhe52;301900 wrote: John, your guess is correct John Allen was the best hope for any of us to know what the deal is. Just because we volunteer does not mean we are getting anymore information than everyone else. Answers / direction would be equally welcome by staff as much as the member base.

Totally not what you wanted to hear but that is what we got and for now we are all in the same boat.
borislav;301903 wrote: Mike I totaly agree with you that members want/need to know... but I kind of understood his post as we(CR'S) know ALL about this but don't want to share with members WHICH IS NOT THE CASE!!!
Well sheeeeeeeeeeet. I took some comfort in that Ruhe's outspoken self hadn't chimed in saying the region was done. Same for guys like Bo and the other Northeast Hoodlums.:D so these comments are not what I was hoping for.

Either way, I have not had nearly enough of the southeast tracks, and I will get to ride with the southeast folks again, regardless of any of this. FACT.

MrStretch;301904 wrote:
"I'm like a fiend that finally sees when all the dope is gone" 2Pac.
"It was my only wish to rise,
Above these jealous coward motherphukers I despise."

Nicely done Mr. Stretch! :adore:

Ruhe52

Well sheeeeeeeeeeet. I took some comfort in that Ruhe's outspoken self hadn't chimed in saying the region was done. Same for guys like Bo and the other Northeast Hoodlums. so these comments are not what I was hoping for.
Bro read nothing into my comment or silence. The point is JRA is where info at least for me came from. Stuff we needed to know to run events. Away from events and other than this board CRs have no other input on customer service. While my customer service on the board can sometime be questioned or classified as sickish or direct at the least it cannot be debated when at the track (well I guess it can be if you think you deserve a bump and I don't happen to agree) but lets stay on topic.
All I am pointing out is no ones silence here should be read one way or another. It is simply lack of knowledge that keeps folks mute. Frankly anyone other than Bob commenting would be speculation or second hand comments on speculation. As has been the norm when a comment can be officially made then there will be one. My other comments were simply intended to say hey I feel for ya would welcome an announcement. That said I prefer it be "The" answer and not a bunch of "Does it mean this" what does that mean"

Hey all have a vested interest and patience is a rare gem these days. So have a season or a few track days some have the last decade plus emotionally invested. I get it. In the end all we can do is wait.

Patience the only currency you think you have a lot of until you run out.

jcrich

Ruhe52;301939 wrote: Bro read nothing into my comment or silence. The point is JRA is where info at least for me came from. Stuff we needed to know to run events. Away from events and other than this board CRs have no other input on customer service. While my customer service on the board can sometime be questioned or classified as sickish or direct at the least it cannot be debated when at the track (well I guess it can be if you think you deserve a bump and I don't happen to agree) but lets stay on topic.
All I am pointing out is no ones silence here should be read one way or another. It is simply lack of knowledge that keeps folks mute. Frankly anyone other than Bob commenting would be speculation or second hand comments on speculation. As has been the norm when a comment can be officially made then there will be one. My other comments were simply intended to say hey I feel for ya would welcome an announcement. That said I prefer it be "The" answer and not a bunch of "Does it mean this" what does that mean"

Hey all have a vested interest and patience is a rare gem these days. So have a season or a few track days some have the last decade plus emotionally invested. I get it. In the end all we can do is wait.

:agree: Well said Mike. I have seen Bob logged on here a couple of times, but he has made no comment.

Pseudolus

Ruhe52;301939 wrote: Bro read nothing into my comment or silence.

Very cool. I will patiently wait for VIR! :cool:

denbsteph

bidwell;301942 wrote: That speaks volumes IMO...

I agree, say something..........anything....... :dunno:

I'm looking at another bike strictly for TD's, but the break peddle has been slammed to the floor board on this purchase.
My loyalties are with NESBA, but the lack of silence and info is an admission of guilt.

devildogae

Is NESBA going to follow through with the events on these close dates, we need answers!! I need to be able to have confidence in order to book dates.

rugbydawg13

I'll believe that when I see it. "Out of touch" is pretty lame considering he knows damn well that a lot of people are pissed. Hate this for all you guys back east.

mjkuhno

denbsteph;301970 wrote: I agree, say something..........anything....... :dunno:

I'm looking at another bike strictly for TD's, but the break peddle has been slammed to the floor board on this purchase.
My loyalties are with NESBA, but the lack of silence and info is an admission of guilt.
Brake peddle / floorboard!? :wow: What the hell are you talking about Denny!?

You need to get a new track bike ASAP - I think you forget how these things work!! :doh:

BTW - really, really, really hoping that we're all getting worked up over nothing and that while I wouldn't wish anything bad on Bob - that there might be some extenuating circumstances which explain why we haven't heard anything. You know, like the kind of thing that might make us all feel totally stupid and maybe even a little humiliated in some cases with how we've handled ourselves.

Again - I'm not wishing bad things for anyone (to the contrary actually) and I completely understand how a lot of people are feeling. I have money sitting in the NESBA credit system through the purchase of credits right before Barber last year from someone who retired from the sport. I'd like to think I'm not naive, and I'm not feeling comfortable with the current lack of info and Barber cancellation (and lack of communication) but I'm also trying not to be too quick to judge.

denbsteph;302038 wrote: You are correct........I wanna ride, not much faith in other orgs.
really? not much faith in other orgs? why is that?
do you have personal experience with "other orgs" telling you one thing and then doing another?
do you have personal experience with "other orgs" and their unexplained cancellations? do you have personal experience with "other orgs" keeping your money for weeks and weeks without explanation?
probably not.

yes, maybe the boss of Nesba does have some personal stuff that has taken precedence, but he still has a
responsibility to the members to explain in a timely fashion.

try some "other orgs" mate. they do just as well or better than yours.

JVance

Other orgs have canceled dates in the last year, at the last minute. I know the current situation doesn't look great BUT we are 3 weeks out from the date of the first event. There is a whole lot of speculation going on here. All the speculation may prove to be true but at this point most of it is speculation. A lot can happen in 3 weeks.

JVance;302076 wrote: Other orgs have canceled dates in the last year, at the last minute. I know the current situation doesn't look great BUT we are 3 weeks out from the date of the first event. There is a whole lot of speculation going on here. All the speculation may prove to be true but at this point most of it is speculation. A lot can happen in 3 weeks.
I understand this point, But how come NESBA has dates for NYST and is taking $$$ for the events that NYST told me that NESBA does not have any dates with them? Anyone on here can check the NYST calendar and see that.. I hope all is well too, just the NYST dates make me wonder...

mpusch

Micah
scotman623;302078 wrote: I understand this point, But how come NESBA has dates for NYST and is taking $$$ for the events that NYST told me that NESBA does not have any dates with them? Anyone on here can check the NYST calendar and see that.. I hope all is well too, just the NYST dates make me wonder...
My GUESS is that they have a right to the dates still, but haven't turned in the contract yet. The same thing is going on with the Pittrace dates in late May. NESBA dates not on the calendar on Pittrace's website. I called up Pitt and asked for information, and they said they haven't received the signed contract from NESBA yet, but they have until the end of March to do so. Thus, they basically have the dates, but haven't finalized it yet.

I'm not really worried at this point. But this type of crazy reaction and paranoia happens when you don't have communication with the org. I'm confident everything will be sorted out.

yokel84

Good point. I think that, in the echo chambers that are internet forums, it's very easy for negativity to become the prevailing sentiment in a very short amount of time. That doesn't mean people's concerns aren't valid; I'm just understanding that nothing about this environment is AS certain as I'd like it to be.

I also understand that a nonprofit club with a staff of less than 1 can only do so many things. That doesn't mean I'm entirely happy right now, nor do I expect to get exactly what I hope for just because I threw in a couple dollars. I hope that, as soon as the outlook seems clear, it'll be reported on. I'll do my part and keep my money here as long as I can and hope that those efforts are matched, both by leadership and other members. I feel like we're all in this together, and it seems like negativity and loss of confidence only makes the outlook less certain, due to the effect that perceptions have on people's actions and therefore reality.

It's not all so darn serious to me, I just REALLY want to ride :eek: