Safety Wire Help PLEASE!!!!!!

borislav

Control Rider
motorkas;292618 wrote: Thanks brother!!!!!! - The K&N filters just arrived a couple of minutes ago so it's looking like my DIY oil change will be taking place in a day or two!!!!!!:eek: Just trying to decide which oil to use. . .(damn which oil do you use and why thread:). Bo - any particular reason why everybody loves the Shell Rotella over Mobil 1 (Mobil 1 is what the dealership has put in for both oil changes). Also, anything special I need to do if I'm switching brands?

THANKS!!!!!!!

Good to know big guy (although, from what I hear, your "1/2 to 3/4" hand turns would be equivilent to a rachet wrench in my hands turn. . .:D). . .Also, thanks for the double safety wire suggestion!!!!!!!!! (I'm using .4 wire for most and have .3 for the smaller, tighter stuff).
Kas many people say Rotella is the stuff but I personaly use only Mobil1 or Castrol racing 4T!
If you used Mobil1 so far why switching it!? BMW engine is not cheap!!!

bmrboy

Castrol full synthetic 4T racing oil ...... MY S1000 RR ..... LOVED IT , SHIFTED LIKE BUTTA
Is also recommended by BMW along with mobil 1 ..... made for wet clutch motor cycles ... ;)

motorkas

Slow Steve;292477 wrote: :rolleyes: The things we will do to him!:D:D:D
totally missed this. . .may have to turn the cameras off for the first day - something tells me after I review them it's going to be like watching a snuff film. . .:D

As slow as your going I usually just bolt the stuff back on for you. No meed to thank me. Part of the job
welcome back. . .F$#@er. . .:D

My Gixxer manual lists a torque spec for the filter. It's about 14 ft lb, IIRC. Prior to this bike, which I bought the wench for that a torque wrench fits, I did the above. Just got it snug. Over tight and it's a bitch to remove.
Thanks Judy!!!!! - I've always wondered about the "too tight" warnings with oil filters - good to know!!!!!

Kas many people say Rotella is the stuff but I personaly use only Mobil1 or Castrol racing 4T!
If you used Mobil1 so far why switching it!? BMW engine is not cheap!!!

Thanks brother - going to Pep boys this morning to pick it up - wish me luck on my first oil change!!!!:).

Castrol full synthetic 4T racing oil ...... MY S1000 RR ..... LOVED IT , SHIFTED LIKE BUTTA
Is also recommended by BMW along with mobil 1 ..... made for wet clutch motor cycles ...
Thanks Mike!!!!

Steverino

What I had the hardest time safety wiring on my S1k were the front axle pinch bolts...They are completely recessed when tightened to the proper torque. Took several tries to get the holes to line up where they could be wire, but finally got them.