Shirts for Nesba?

noupf

very bad business decision. Same goes for nesba stickers ( even though they were giving them away at thunderbolt two weeks ago ).

Lots of people want to show off some nesba swag.

Just my two cents...

Myers

Control Rider
Thinking you may see something different this coming year :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Contact John Allen (JRA) he may have some shirts left from the SE Air Fence Fundraiser. The proceeds will go to support the Road Racing World Air Fence Fund.

akosi

Huh I thought it would be fun to show support to Nesba and also help spread the word. I mean there is a guy in my apartment complex that has never even heard of Nesba. Of course I plan on taking him next year.

CBRtist

akosi;291575 wrote: Huh I thought it would be fun to show support to Nesba and also help spread the word. I mean there is a guy in my apartment complex that has never even heard of Nesba. Of course I plan on taking him next year.
It was a good suggestion, but requests for NESBA swag comes up often. Keep in mind, NESBA is a non-profit organization vs. a huge entrepreneurial machine sitting atop a mountain of capital to be used for merchandising and other vehicles. Some of the recent shirts that were produced were through fund raising efforts.

I hope that if volunteer committees are formed over the off season, this along with other things can be addressed through member efforts. I, myself (with unmentioned silent partner) went down the tee shirt road before. There is a little more that goes into it than printing them up in bulk and parking someone under a tent to sell them.

Not saying it can't happen, but it has to be a little more of an organized and volunteer effort to really make it happen well.

Ruhe52

Hey all it would take is for someone to get approval from Bob on the design and permission to use the logo. Then order them and distribute to directors to sell. What happens here is everyone has good ideas but falls short on actual implementation.

PCW needed shirts. 10 mins on the Mac and they have their second order on the way.
Not real hard you just have to get proper ok and act.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Ruhe52;291800 wrote: Hey all it would take is for someone to get approval from Bob on the design and permission to use the logo. Then order them and distribute to directors to sell. What happens here is everyone has good ideas but falls short on actual implementation.

PCW needed shirts. 10 mins on the Mac and they have their second order on the way.
Not real hard you just have to get proper ok and act.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
Pretty sure the directors feel they already have enough to do and do not wish to sell shirts in addition to all their other responsibilities, which is understandable. So, it would be better to be able to order online and ship, but that involves setting it up on the website. Then, if you order a bunch to sell, then who pays upfront? Not that simple.

CBRtist

I have to agree with Judy on this one, especially since we've gone down tee shirt alley but only made it half way. There's a simple approved design sitting on my Mac as we speak.

Like she said, if there was just a lump sum up front to spend and means to purchase and distribute, easy as pie. Unfortunately, if it's not the result of a fundraiser, the best course of action is to preorder a limited amount and then individually ship to the membership. And if that is the case, all individual sales and financials must be recorded and furnished to NESBA. A lot of work for one person, which could be fine if I thought we could fill an order and all would pay on time.

It's not like setting up a lemonade stand :( If it is as easy as you say, I have the 10 minutes, the design experience, and the Mac ;) I even have a cooler maybe 30 minute design in mind :)

Also, not everyone is a L or XL. Preorder would allow custom sizing.

Ruhe52

Um but everyone comes on here like it would be sooooo easy and when it comes down to action and putting their hard earned on the line it is not so simple. The what ifs creep in and My director sells fundraiser shirts and is happy to do it. Plus we are able to chip in and grab a shirt when John is unavailable. The point is everyone is ready to take on heavier lifting but when they find out it actually involves work and not just coming on the forum to groan the energy and enthusiasm dissipates and we are right back to where we started. By the way where do you all think the money comes from for the fundraiser T Shirts, Food for the Meet and Greets. I keep hearing about grass roots groups etc etc. which I think are all good. Problem is someone needs to take the risks and the Org already takes on enough.
Bob if you are listening. Dump all available funds into getting us track time. The rest is puff. Sorry but T Shirts are not the answer to why days are getting cancelled.

Sorry this is the opinion of Mike Ruhe not NESBA. Your results may vary no purchase necessary if I have offended feel free to report to

Complaints@go%$@#yourself.com

CBRtist

You haven't offended me in the least :dunno:

I'm one of the few people who has tried to be proactive where I could in recruitment, member services, (t-shirt project on hold but can easily be revived), and now volunteer committee formation to get things revived. I've also been VERY VOCAL about saying that much IS placed on admin/CRs and came up with a solution beneficial to all.

And you are right, very little gets accomplished on this forum. At times because there is a beat down that follows every good suggestion. It gets a little self-defeating watching people sabotage and water down their own organization :(

matt2212

You all forget that every year including this year Mike and others raise money to print hundreds of NESBA shirts. Selling them at SE events to raise money for air fence

Mike, Kenny, John and others put there own money up and then donate all money taken in back to the air fence fund

And these shirts are available to purchase every year but they do sell out

All of our meat n great food is donated and we take in $$ again for the air fence fund

Talk about grass roots... And ain't no one watering down that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CBRtist

I absolutely applaud your efforts in the SE! Much of your "grass root" efforts prove to be quite a success there In fact... Remember the member pit area? That did quite well there, of course the idea was hatched by two little MA chickies if I recall ;) Just wish it happened in the MA. Wonder why it didn't... Hmm.

I'm trying to understand how this thread has turned. Are we listing out individual accomplishments? Why? Aren't we contributing to the same cause? I'm totally lost.