Shirts for Nesba?

JRA

Judy and Wendy, I hope you know that your enthusiasm is appreciated, and I know you two understand the logistical problems surrounding this issue.

For everybody else there is a lot more to consider than what I'm mentioning here, but I do want to say that the people who are at the track running these events have a lot on their plate. Having the additional duty of selling Tshirts, tracking funds, keeping up with inventory, and reporting sales is a task that just can't fall on a staff who are already volunteering their time and working hard. The fundraiser Tshirts have been mentioned here so I'll tell you that we do that because raising every dollar counts, and it just may save somebody's life so it's worth the aggravation. I am however, very glad when they are gone,.

As far as raising money to support the club, how much can you make off of a Tshirt? $10? $15? We could raise a lot more money for NESBA if we could just get one additional person out to every single event over the course of a year. Tshirts aren't going to be the the thing that really boosts the bottom line. I do agree that it would be nice for NESBA members to have an easy way to get NESBA swag online.

matt2212

CBRtist;291812 wrote: It gets a little self-defeating watching people sabotage and water down their own organization :(
This is where it turned for me

What you missed in what I said was people put up their own money and got it done.... And then when the discussion comes up mike said nothing about his own contribution or that of others

But yet someone wants credit for a pit area

Sure all you

Why didn't members put up a sign? Volunteer there time? Go to a director and ask about building a member based program? And then do it?

Don't wonder why it doesn't happen make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
matt2212;291822 wrote: This is where it turned for me

What you missed in what I said was people put up their own money and got it done.... And then when the discussion comes up mike said nothing about his own contribution or that of others

But yet someone wants credit for a pit area

Sure all you

Why didn't members put up a sign? Volunteer there time? Go to a director and ask about building a member based program? And then do it?

Don't wonder why it doesn't happen make it happen

I personally wasn't looking for credit for anything. I, along with you and a couple of others, were emailing with JRA last winter about help for new members and we tossed a few ideas around and collectively came up with the idea for a new member pit area. Then, it was made clear that it was to be piloted in the SE region first. I never heard anything else about if it should start in MA. Then, this past season, I ended up doing only about 5 days instead of my usual 15-20; for me, it was a year to see if I could get out there again.

I would still be interested in bringing this to the MA next season.

Ruhe52

Was not seeking credit for anything, but you see something that needs to be done then quietly go about figuring out how to do it with approval of the club. Don't come on here with multiple suggestions and then no action. Judy, Wendy I applaud you for thinking of Newbie Pit area. Why not point out the benefit of it in the SE and then start posting it up, show up and just do it, who would complain about it.
Cost was a banner and I don't think we paid for that a member donated the cost of it I am pretty sure.
That and a CR dedicated more time than he normally does to help new members. (Thanks Nutt)

Point is John is correct 1 new member is going to do more for the club. T Shirts. Even if you get a silly deal you are going to be around $10 what are you gonna sell them for $25? People will pay $20 for a shirt where 100% of the proceeds go to a charity. Right now people are on the board pointing out they didn't get their free T Shirt with their elite membership so what is a guy or gal like that going to pay?

I just see a lot of pointing out things that need to be fixed from the sidelines.

Again not looking to offend but it is offensive when people don't see or appreciate the good that has and is being done then continue to point out things they think are broken.

Would it be nice to have t-shirts and stickers yes. Is it a fatal flaw and will it end up being the ruin of NESBA. Not hardly.

matt2212

HondaGalToo;291825 wrote: I personally wasn't looking for credit for anything. I, along with you and a couple of others, were emailing with JRA last winter about help for new members and we tossed a few ideas around and collectively came up with the idea for a new member pit area. Then, it was made clear that it was to be piloted in the SE region first. I never heard anything else about if it should start in MA. Then, this past season, I ended up doing only about 5 days instead of my usual 15-20; for me, it was a year to see if I could get out there again.

Judy,

You are one of this clubs finest people and deserve credit for helping hundreds of new members on the forum and at the track as well as this program

I know you are willing and able to run this program in the NE and should

None of this is about credit but I see a lot of complaining on this forum and not so much fixing, even though we had a SE pilot it doesn't get scheduled through NESBA it is member run that was the point to not add to the directors or cr's long list of jobs so idk who would launch it up there and with 5 events instead of 15+ This year maybe you should shoot for next season part of the problem is consistency and keeping momentum

You want a newfound respect for directors try to find one member to give up time EVERY SINGLE DAY on the schedule it's hard, easy at first then Tuesdays... Saturdays with family conflicts work you can't do them all

Then think about 20+ ppl for 30+ events

Dave561

Control Rider
HondaGalToo;291825 wrote: I personally wasn't looking for credit for anything. I, along with you and a couple of others, were emailing with JRA last winter about help for new members and we tossed a few ideas around and collectively came up with the idea for a new member pit area. Then, it was made clear that it was to be piloted in the SE region first. I never heard anything else about if it should start in MA. Then, this past season, I ended up doing only about 5 days instead of my usual 15-20; for me, it was a year to see if I could get out there again.

You got my cell and email. Once the schedule is posted we can certinly work on this. I think I hwve a nesba banner to make it easier to find you. We can make it work.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Sounds good Dave. Not sure how many days I'll be able to do next year, so I'll think about who else may be interested in helping out. It would be good if it could be at most, if not all, events.

CBRtist

It's good to know that we've been sitting on the sidelines moaning and groaning and haven't discussed and suggested projects "quietly" to Bob and directors. Because THAT'S how it really is correct? In your minds WE.HAVEN'T.DONE.SHIT.

Fair enough. The sabotage and watering down was in reference to putting the kabosh on any shred of enthusiasm displayed by members.

Back to my unicorns and rainbows. It's so much nicer there than giving a real crap about this Club and the rewards to be had from doing so.

JRA

It's hard to believe there are still two events left, although I guess the off season has started for the MA. This should be an interesting winter. :D

If there is one truth in life it's that the more things change, the more they stay the same.:D

jcrich

JRA;291860 wrote: It's hard to believe there are still two events left, although I guess the off season has started for the MA. This should be an interesting winter. :D

If there is one truth in life it's that the more things change, the more they stay the same.:D

Indeed.

I miss the old days where people were more concerned about riding their motorcycles at the racetrack and not worried about t-shirts and stickers and unicorns and rainbows and chocolate chip cookies. :D Important note: This is a joke.

Ruhe52

Done will let you know when they are in.
That was certainly difficult.:banghead:

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

twin ty

T-shirts

I have 2 black Nesba shirts that I dont wear from back in the day. If somebody wants them just post up or PM me.

Ruhe52

These will be new. Smell is extra.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Ruhe52;291916 wrote: These will be new. Smell is extra.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson
Do we get choice of color???? :D

Ruhe52

Yeah for this first run Black or black. All proceeds to go to RRWAFF.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson

CBRtist

I have not read any previous comments, but would like to apologize for letting my frustrations get the better of me and being so reactive to any commentary. It was unfair of me and I'm disappointed in myself for my last post and how it might be interpreted by existing members... especially new members.