The MotoAmerica Thread

I love our MotoAmerica race series. It might not be as fancy or the tracks as majestic as the European series but it's our series and I'm super proud of what the KRAVE team has pulled together for American roadracing fans. The interest from European riders along with the DORNA-KRAVE collaboration for the KotB race alongside MotoGP at COTA are compelling.

I run out of bandwidth to watch every MotoAmerica class but I definitely watch the classes that our N2/BHM and YCRS family members race in. MotoAmerica still hasn't posted the 2024 season roster to show the latest moves and team affiliations but I'm pretty keen to see how ED669 does since he got a boost with a Stock 1000 ride this season.

1709092800418.jpeg

I known this is old news for some of you but 67 riders from 13 countries are represented at the D200 this year.

My 14 year old daughter is the selfie princess in the family but she's about to get knocked off her throne after I attend the races on Saturday and Sunday.

I was sad to find out Pitt Race wasn't on the schedule this year. Guess its time to check out mid-ohio.

Great interview with Peter Hickman and his participation in the D200 this year. Also lots of insight to the IoMTT and a little about the Macau race.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I saw a write up from MA about the top 15 potential winners of the 200. ON it was Kayla Yaakov and Teague Hobbs, but no Blake Davis. I was like Um, he ran up front last year and won two Twins Cup Championships in a row. What would he NOT be on the list when someone that has never even ran the 200 is on it? Anyways, I am looking forward to the season kicking off. Speaking of, I just received Blakes Supersport bodywork yesterday to start prepping for paint. Nothing like time running a little short guys……

jonobrin

I saw a write up from MA about the top 15 potential winners of the 200. ON it was Kayla Yaakov and Teague Hobbs, but no Blake Davis. I was like Um, he ran up front last year and won two Twins Cup Championships in a row. What would he NOT be on the list when someone that has never even ran the 200 is on it? Anyways, I am looking forward to the season kicking off. Speaking of, I just received Blakes Supersport bodywork yesterday to start prepping for paint. Nothing like time running a little short guys……
Either way it should be interesting to see the two riders under the age of 18 battling it out in supersport.

Yeah, the weeks with multiple race series occurring seem to crawl by and then all of a sudden it’s all happening at once. Weekends with MotoGP, WSBK and MotoAmerica are entirely unproductive - I barely get off the couch.

I’m not going to bother with trying to watch MotoGP live this weekend. I’ll be bouncing between MotoAmerica’s Live+ on my phone and what I can see from the Daytona stands that I won’t have time for MotoGP. I’m headed to Roebling Road on Saturday afternoon so I may be able to catch the MotoGP Saturday races and then the Sunday races on the way home.

bmart

Control Rider
The 22nd through the 24th is GP, WSBK, and Supercars. If the weather is nice enough to ride...i'm going to have some serious problems. I better get to that preseason brake bleeding on all of the bikes! Brent should come help...but he won't. I don't blame him. I've met me.

jonobrin

Enjoyed seeing Rocco getting comparable times to the Aprilia/Yamaha riders on the new Suzuki in twins cup. Not sure what happened with Rossi though. Was curious how the GSX-8R was going to do.

You guys can breathe a sigh of relief…all my selfies with the racers are too big to post.

Great day of racing today. KW33’s pass and victory were a highlight for me but lots more than just that to celebrate.