The MotoAmerica Thread

Some great nuggets in this interview with the HD factory team behind KW33 - all nighter, top speed this year, limitations of oil sump design on street bikes, etc.

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Why is it that Stock 1000 is only running 10 races this year? I'd imagine that S1000 is used as a feeder class for SB and you'd want roughly as many races as the SB and SS class since SS is probably a feeder for stock 1000. S1000 is running half as many races as SB. I'm guessing that it has something to do with money...

The Stock 1000 roster is shaping up to promise some epic battles.

Laszlo

Would've loved to see one of the MotoGP riders take a KotB out for a spin; could've been fun marketing.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
How about that Blake Davis kid on the N2 Racing/ Bobbleheadmoto R6 having a great testing season so far. Breaking the Supersport lap record (unofficially) at Roebling and also breaking the lap record (unofficially) at NCbike. We're super excited to see what he can do on a super stacked Supersport field.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How about that Blake Davis kid on the N2 Racing/ Bobbleheadmoto R6 having a great testing season so far. Breaking the Supersport lap record (unofficially) at Roebling and also breaking the lap record (unofficially) at NCbike. We're super excited to see what he can do on a super stacked Supersport field.
Dope for sure, and good to see you back trackside as well.

Got to Road Atlanta on Thursday right after ChampSchool at CMP, set up next to Danny the owner of American Supercamp (slide school).

QPs don’t start until this afternoon so just hanging out and ordering kit for my new MT-09.

1713530999487.jpeg

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Got to Road Atlanta on Thursday right after ChampSchool at CMP, set up next to Danny the owner of American Supercamp (slide school).

QPs don’t start until this afternoon so just hanging out and ordering kit for my new MT-09.

View attachment 10569
Nice! I'll be there Saturday morning, maybe you'll see me. Just look for any of the demo bikes slamming floorboards or traveling faster than it should be. :rofl:

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
What a day of racing!

I love our American race series!
Yesterday was wild! How about Blake Davis killing it out there? The end of SB Race 1... i was standing on the bridge and saw the middle of the crash but not the cause. Did Baz run into escalante? Was it Escalante? I think i saw Baz hobble off the track but the other guy left in an ambulance.

BD22 is on fire. I love that whole family team. So proud of our N2/BHM program. We’re a very fortunate club.

Post-checkers crash (as related to me - I wasn’t an eyewitness):

Loris was bike A, JD bike B and Richie bike C. JD pulled off line opening up a gap, Richie got surprised with his closing speed and unfortunately hit Loris.

Chaplain Mark visited Loris in the shoebox med clinic and said he was shaken up but seemed OK.

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
BD22 is on fire. I love that whole family team. So proud of our N2/BHM program. We’re a very fortunate club.

Post-checkers crash (as related to me - I wasn’t an eyewitness):

Loris was bike A, JD bike B and Richie bike C. JD pulled off line opening up a gap, Richie got surprised with his closing speed and unfortunately hit Loris.

Chaplain Mark visited Loris in the shoebox med clinic and said he was shaken up but seemed OK.
I wish we could get Blake to come teach at a track day. I know he's extremely busy. Maybe at our homestead event we do in January. Its the closest thing to "off-season" that he would have.

I hope eveyone is ok. I hate seeing riders get hurt, at fault or not.