total horse sh*t

Moto_joe

jimgl3;75162 wrote: well STT does kinda suck... i mean who would want to ride in an org that lets you chose what group you go out in when you could ride with nesba and get held back by the overbearing CR's?

oh, this is going to hurt isn't it?
LOL.

Each has their plus and minus'

I personally prefer our way. I did before I started working for them. But others prefer Nesba. And that is their prerogative. Why does it have to be "US VS THEM" anyway.

AND, I hear different regions are so different, that that matters. I hear GREAT things about NESBA on the west coast. Not so good in the south. "OK" things about both in the northeast and midwest.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
exactly...

If you're thinkin' about my baby, it don't matter if you're black or white
similar to....

If you're thinkin' about the track, it don't matter if you're NESBA or STT

jackson.gif
jackson.gif
jackson.gif

****all NESBA or STT song lyrics copywrighted by Lemondrop Corp 2009 :p

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I see both sides, and I have a general question. This isn't directed at Moto_joe or anyone else, or "picking on" anyone. My question is: Why follow someone so closely at a trackday? It's not a race, you don't need to pass for a position or a win. I usually try to err on the side of caution and try not to ride so close right behind someone, so if they do check up for whatever reason (missed shift, mechanical), I've left myself more room to react. Not that stuff still can't happen. Maybe I'm just a wuss, LOL, or overly cautious, but I don't see a need to ride so close at a trackday. Maybe I'm missing something?:dunno:

Meat

I really respect Moto_Joe for coming on here and explaining, and doing so without attacking. Not so many people would do that.

It is really difficult to tell what exactly many of us would have done in that same situation. I still think it is good for us to talk about these kinds of things (especially with video) because it makes me more aware and thus a better rider.

arhale09

Moto_joe;75163 wrote:

AND, I hear different regions are so different, that that matters. I hear GREAT things about NESBA on the west coast. Not so good in the south. "OK" things about both in the northeast and midwest.
And here I thought the south was the best/fastest region. Guess it all depends on your perspective

JVance

This is like asking wht is the best flovored Cool-Ade.

People are looking for different things from their track day. Personally I am planning a day with another group NOT because I like them better but because there are 3-4 of us that want to go and we can all ride together in that group. NESBA would not allow us to do that. I am glad there are options.

Believe it or not folks, there are people out there who see and vaule things differently than you do LOL.

Moto_joe

arhale09;75227 wrote: And here I thought the south was the best/fastest region. Guess it all depends on your perspective
And that is why some people do not like NESBA south. Not saying it is a bad thing. But some people are just out to ride at a moderate pace, on a racetrack where it is safer than the canyons. I have heard more than one complaint of CRs doing exactly what I am accused of doing, Worrying about laptimes, and not coaching. I dont know that it is true or not

One thing though, is that (and this goes for this video too) it doesnt matter what the reality is. It matters what a persons PERCEPTION of reality is. Sadly even though this video shows SOOOo little, people are making inacurate assumptions about me, and the org I work for. It doesnt matter what the reality is, some people take it for what they THINK they see.

Same with NESBA south. I dont know the reality. But more than just a few people were turned off by the actions of CRs. And I am sure it has happened with us too.

CRs or Coaches are NOT perfect. None of us are. We have good days, bad days, we make mistakes, and sometimes we just lose sight of our "job" in the excitement of having fun.

Any CR or Coach who says they never have........ is full of it.

I have not ridden with NESBA honestly. The hearsay from enough people was enough to turn me off from them a LONG time ago as a track noob, and since then have stuck to STT and "open" or "private" trackdays.

There are just as many people who feel negatively about STT though, as there are NESBA. And that is OK. We are different. Some will like one, some will like the other. some dont care and just want convenient track time

Moto_joe

jimgl3;75239 wrote: you're more than welcome anytime

but a word of caution... you might like it

:)

In advanced, does it really matter which org you go with?

Most of this "I like this org better" stuff will come from Novice. Some from Intermediate.

Advanced....... as long as there is not hard contact it is legal in both orgs :lol:...... so does it matter?

Moto_joe

I have no idea why, but my browser is not liking putting in smilies here?

I think it is my NoScript acting up

rk97

Moto_joe;75241 wrote: In advanced, does it really matter which org you go with?
nope - but you wouldn't be riding in advanced with NESBA; at least not until after you're evaluated and bumped first session. Not with that yellow plate :D (100% busting your balls here.)

I like NESBA's rules because i feel the classes are more consistent. Especially "I" group. at a NESBA day, I have reasonable assurance that everyone in "I" has had at least 2 control riders agree that they're legitimately at an Intermediate pace. At an STT day, I have less faith that everyone who simply registered for "I" is actually up to pace.

to STT's credit, I HAVE seen them bump an "I" rider down to Novice when the rider was obviously off pace compared to the rest of the group - but I know it can't happen as often as they'd probably like it to, when the "N" group is sold out.

Moto_joe

rk97;75248 wrote: nope - but you wouldn't be riding in advanced with NESBA; at least not until after you're evaluated and bumped first session. Not with that yellow plate :D (100% busting your balls here.)

I like NESBA's rules because i feel the classes are more consistent. Especially "I" group. at a NESBA day, I have reasonable assurance that everyone in "I" has had at least 2 control riders agree that they're legitimately at an Intermediate pace. At an STT day, I have less faith that everyone who simply registered for "I" is actually up to pace.

to STT's credit, I HAVE seen them bump an "I" rider down to Novice when the rider was obviously off pace compared to the rest of the group - but I know it can't happen as often as they'd probably like it to, when the "N" group is sold out.
I can see your points for sure. Within the last year or so, we have started a "veteran novice" deal to limit the people who are "too cool for school" signing up in Int. I think it has helped some.

No matter what org though, I group is the scariest out there for sure
:eek