Trackwraps

RyanITV

Admin
Jun 30, 2008
Looks like it'll be later today; definitely by tomorrow. There's a bunch of new wraps going up - they'll be showing up over the next week or two. Here's a cell phone shot of one of the new patterns:

848.jpg

Ryan

Dave561

Control Rider
Apr 25, 2014
Looks good. Are the complex curves of the bikes a PIA to install the wraps?

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Jul 31, 2008
Pottstown, PA
This is gonna be seriously awesome. What kind of surface do the wraps need? Will it work on flat primer surface or does it need to be a gloss coat? I'm definitely buying when they go up. These will enable us to make moto gp replicas without days and days of masking and painting. suhweet.

RyanITV

Admin
Jun 30, 2008
They'll work on any surface (flat or glossy). The ACU Camo 848 is just wrapped right over the primer; the 1098R is wrapped over the paint. The only thing you need to watch out for is crappy primer - we tried doing Chad's bike at the end of the season and the primer was pulling away from the gelcoat with standard blue masking tape - the wrap is much more aggressive than that.

Curves aren't so bad - just takes patience and heat. Remember we did Crisamore's scooter in the skulls at Beaver last year; took maybe an hour. I showed him how to do it and he ran with it...

Ryan

RyanITV

Admin
Jun 30, 2008
ninjamansc;34244 wrote: This is gonna be seriously awesome. What kind of surface do the wraps need? Will it work on flat primer surface or does it need to be a gloss coat? I'm definitely buying when they go up. These will enable us to make moto gp replicas without days and days of masking and painting. suhweet.
No replicas are planned at this time - each design and logo would need to be licensed, and those costs are considerable. There's a possibility of doing wraps that could be trimmed into the elements (ie, orange red and darklue for Repsol), bit in terms of an outright package that replicates the full bike, the licensing/legal fees and upfront guarantees would likely kill the concept.

That said - who knows...

Ryan

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Jul 31, 2008
Pottstown, PA
Yeah. Didn't think about the licensing thing. But you could still get the color schemes, maybe. How many panels would it take to do a complete bike?

RyanITV

Admin
Jun 30, 2008
ninjamansc;34259 wrote: Yeah. Didn't think about the licensing thing. But you could still get the color schemes, maybe. How many panels would it take to do a complete bike?
It varies - figure 1-4 depending on the bike and what's being wrapped and if you're doing multiple colors/designs. We did a test to see just how far one panel would go - we managed to wrap the yellow portions of the stock GSXR750 bodywork (yellow/black) as well as the tank with one sheet.

Ryan

jkoehler

The quality of the vinyl is ridiculous. The pictures don't do the depth and the shine justice. And the adhesive is like nothing I ever seen. If the two sticky sides touch, you just pull them apart. If you mess up, just pull it off. Yet it still sticks like glue! Nice product guys!

Meat

Jul 14, 2008
Is it glue (special glue I am sure) backed vinyl? How do you get it back off?

Is the yellow too bright to pass CCS tech for a novice number plate?

Do you have to wrap an entire panel or can I use it for a portion? Such as the nose and portion of windscreen.

I assume sponsor stickers have no problem sticking to it. Is that correct?

RyanITV

Admin
Jun 30, 2008
Meat;34345 wrote: Is it glue (special glue I am sure) backed vinyl? How do you get it back off?

Is the yellow too bright to pass CCS tech for a novice number plate?

Do you have to wrap an entire panel or can I use it for a portion? Such as the nose and portion of windscreen.

I assume sponsor stickers have no problem sticking to it. Is that correct?
It's adhesive backed vinyl with channels built in to the adhesive to allow air bubbles to be simply pushed out with your fingers. When you want to remove it, simply pull it off.

Not sure on the tech part - it's a bright, solid yellow. It's not fluorescent, so I'd figure it's ok but you'd need to check.

What you wrap is up to you - you can cover as much or as little as you want. If you check the gallery, you'll see examples of certain areas covered as well as Sternsi's bike with the sponsor stickers on it.

Ryan

Katie785

Jul 11, 2008
i saw a picture of my tail all done up with the yellow plates...

1. IT LOOKS AWESOME
2. It will defintely pass WERA and CCS tech