Video of Crash @ Patriot

ADVRacer

I was wondering if the person that made ethe video of the crash at Patriot could post it. I'd like to learn something from the crash but unfortunately, I was knocked unconcious and don't remember anything. I was riding the Blue & Yellow R6 with the checkerboard on the belly pan #63 I group. I was told the crash happened on thefront part passing the starting area.
My injuries are pretty painful, 4 broken ribs, broken coller bone and broken scapula. Not a great way to end the season but I'll be back in the Spring. Thanks to eveyone who assisted me especially Mike Beard.

Taylorr6

Damn Scott, I'm sorry to see this thread, it sounds like your spirits are up and I'm glad you'll be back. I had a great time meeting and riding with you and mike both this season. Heal up. I hope to see you both soon.

p.s. I can only hope your pants were on during the crash.lol

1bad7

Here we go, monkey see monkey do... Repeat after me!

I will not crash bigger and more awesome than John, just because my name is Scott. You can't go and do it spectacularly without getting jacked up, I was just lucky how mine happened. But Now that means I must be ready for the bump, right?

I'll be by to see how you're doing brother.

Good to hear from you too Taylor, Scott just wanted to be able to start walking like you...LOL

ADVRacer

Thanks for all of the thoughts and payers. Anyone who chooses to participate in this sport knows this comes with it. I really want to see the video though because the only thing I remember is approaching the left rear side of another bike real fast and trying to avoid it. I felt the impact and then I was in an ambulance. I was told the guy crossed in front of me but I don't know. I'm curious to see if it was one of the B riders that got a temporary bump for the day. I know there were a few very slow riders in the group and I was forced to check-up on too many occasions while setting up for corner entry. If anyone has a clip. please post it. Thanks Again to everyone and I'll see you in the spring. One last question, I have a hole in my leathers on the shouler ad so no expesed skin. Do I have to repair this to pass tech and if so, who repairs leathers?

Japcrap

Scott, I was one of the guys pitted next to you on the black GSXR 750. The guy that had the video said that you clipped the rear tire of the bike you were trying to avoid. Then the guy recording it hit your bike. It was the same turn that everyone crashed out in the morning sessions. Hope your feeling better. We were worried when you didn't get out of the ambulance. I'll see you out there next year.

92illpony

i saw the video..i'm sure the guy will upload it. Looked like you were a little inside and the guy said he had a bad line and came across the front of your bike. Looked like nasty crash. We were worried bout ya. You laid out there for a bit without moving. Hope you heal up and get back out next season.

Godfather

Scott,
You forgot to mention that you were wearing HIGH HEELS during the crash and you didn't break a HEEL, but only a few ribs and collar bone. At least you were wearing pants, but they had to take those off! HA HA!!I love you man!!! YOUR HARD CORE BROTHER!

R/
Mike"Godfather"

ADVRacer

Yeah, it was pretty cool walking around the hospital without my pants on and flirting with all of the hot nurses.

Teh_K

Scott,

I'm the guy on the other bike, and we collided in the first left in the S right after the pit. I would first like to apologize, as I feel *extremely* sorry for the damages you have sustained.

I did, in fact, receive a temporary bump from B to I for the day since B group was apparently flooded. I've done previous North/South/Full days at VIR, but this was also my first time on the Patriot course, and as such, I admit my lines were off. I had spent the morning setting up my initial lines, and on the session that we clipped each other, a CR had passed me and gave me (or, at least, I thought he was talking to me) the tap on the helmet, so I tried to line up behind him.

We finished the back 'straight', came down the bumpy right-hander, passed the pit, and did the wide entry into T1. This is where it got bad. He did a sharp left thru the left-hander (where you and I hit) to correctly set-up the exit of the S, but this surprised me because I wasn't used to taking that line. I was running wide relative to that line, and I tried to correct myself. This is when I felt a jolt. I haven't collided w/ anyone before, so I initially thought something fell off my bike and I ran over it or something, so I immediately just bee-lined off the track in the direction of the corner station. Once I looked behind me, I realized it was much worse. Based on the markings on my bike, I'm guessing that the end of my swingarm/wheel clipped your front tire, jolting it sideways and bucking you off.

The guy I was pitted next to was the one filming it behind you, and I've seen the video on his GoPro, but it was hard to see much detail because of the sun and small screen. He said he'd login and post it, so hopefully the uploaded version will paint a better picture.

Again, I am very sorry that this has happened to you, and I hope you have a full recovery, as your injuries are nothing to be made light of.

- Kevin

ADVRacer

No need to feel guilty bro. These are the chances we take. At least it happened at the end of the season so I won't miss any track days. I'll see you out there in the Spring.

Godfather

Hot Nurses??

ADVRacer;219646 wrote: Yeah, it was pretty cool walking around the hospital without my pants on and flirting with all of the hot nurses.
Scott,
You smacked your head pretty hard, I mean, you were out for like 2 minutes!! The 300 pound nurse that I saw tending to you at the hospital needed a shave bro....

R/
Mike

noobinacan

ADVRacer;219646 wrote: Yeah, it was pretty cool walking around the hospital without my pants on and flirting with all of the hot nurses.
lol

Godfather;219707 wrote:
Scott,
You smacked your head pretty hard, I mean, you were out for like 2 minutes!! The 300 pound nurse that I saw tending to you at the hospital needed a shave bro....

R/
Mike
lol x2

heal up man...we'd love to see you out there again and hang out in the pits. :D

1bad7

Teh_K;219691 wrote: Scott,

I'm the guy on the other bike, and we collided in the first left in the S right after the pit. I would first like to apologize, as I feel *extremely* sorry for the damages you have sustained.

I did, in fact, receive a temporary bump from B to I for the day since B group was apparently flooded. I've done previous North/South/Full days at VIR, but this was also my first time on the Patriot course, and as such, I admit my lines were off. I had spent the morning setting up my initial lines, and on the session that we clipped each other, a CR had passed me and gave me (or, at least, I thought he was talking to me) the tap on the helmet, so I tried to line up behind him.

We finished the back 'straight', came down the bumpy right-hander, passed the pit, and did the wide entry into T1. This is where it got bad. He did a sharp left thru the left-hander (where you and I hit) to correctly set-up the exit of the S, but this surprised me because I wasn't used to taking that line. I was running wide relative to that line, and I tried to correct myself. This is when I felt a jolt. I haven't collided w/ anyone before, so I initially thought something fell off my bike and I ran over it or something, so I immediately just bee-lined off the track in the direction of the corner station. Once I looked behind me, I realized it was much worse. Based on the markings on my bike, I'm guessing that the end of my swingarm/wheel clipped your front tire, jolting it sideways and bucking you off.

The guy I was pitted next to was the one filming it behind you, and I've seen the video on his GoPro, but it was hard to see much detail because of the sun and small screen. He said he'd login and post it, so hopefully the uploaded version will paint a better picture.

Again, I am very sorry that this has happened to you, and I hope you have a full recovery, as your injuries are nothing to be made light of.

- Kevin
Very nice of you to explain everything. I can tell you that we've all been around stuff like this and as we all know sometimes things happen. The great thing is that this happened on a closed course and there was medical attention right there. Like Scott said we know what we get into when we do this, we just try to mitigate as much as possible. Hope to see you out there next season bro and we'll share some beers and laugh at Scott, cause that just what we do, well okay Scott, Mike, and Taylor, but that's a story definitely told over adult beverages.

ADVRacer;219696 wrote:
No need to feel guilty bro. These are the chances we take. At least it happened at the end of the season so I won't miss any track days. I'll see you out there in the Spring.
Like you said brother at least it happened at the end of the season. Now I just need you (not the job) to loan me half of what you've alotted for the month(for a couple of months) and we'll both have our bikes back track ready in no time flat! I'll be coming over to see you soon brother. If you need anything just let me know.

John

bmrboy

0uch...

hey scott,
hope your on the mend and getting better,sent you a pm
tell john about the photo's,they are really very good....later

denbsteph

Scott

I sent you a e-mail at the house before I got on the site. I'm glad you are alright, we just talked about the dangers of this sport and here you go and take a tumble. Glad to see everyone in here checking up on you and making sure things are moving in the right direction for a quick recovery. Stay away from the Quaaludes and take a "GEO" gagger, those downers are a bitch to kick!! If you need anything, hit me at the house or e-mail me. I'm off Friday and Saturday, hell I might take a road trip to see you anyway. I know your better half is wondering when is this fool gonna get out of the house, he's driving me nuts already!!

Dennis