VIR upgrades

D-Swens

hooligan998;227170 wrote: After reading the Roadracing article linked in a previous post, it is my understanding that this new curbing will only affect people riding full course. The article stated that it was installed in the linking between North and South and would not be an issue for these two track independantly. Correct me if I read that wrong, but it looks like riding North or South for 2012 will be business as usual.
No sir, I believe curbing is on the inside of 3 and def 6

JRA

jcrich;227094 wrote: Oh sure inject calm, rational reasoning into the discussion. :D
LOL at calm and reason...not always my strong suit Rich.

After reading the Roadracing article linked in a previous post, it is my understanding that this new curbing will only affect people riding full course. The article stated that it was installed in the linking between North and South and would not be an issue for these two track independantly. Correct me if I read that wrong, but it looks like riding North or South for 2012 will be business as usual.
That's not correct. The full Course uses a large portion of both the North and South Courses. I don't know if the new curbing is installed at every turn around the Full Course or not. I would imaging that it has been (or will be) if FIA certification is the primary goal. It wouldn't make sense to install it in only a couple of areas if you need the curbing installed in all turns to get the cert. Of course if the primary goal is just to keep the cars on the track and not in the dirt as before, then it would make sense to install it only in the major problem areas.

I know it has been installed in T6 area and Oak Tree exit (places were cars routinely run in the dirt). T6 is part of the North Course, and Oak Tree is part of the South Course (both are part of the Full Course obviously).

One other observation is that this curbing cannot be installed on the sections of North and South that aren't part of the Full Course. These sections of track are run in the opposite direction when the Patriot Course is being used.

bodell

Ive been doing a lot of thinking about this wole curbing situation.
url

So what do you expect me to do about it? The curbing was like uber expensive and is already installed. (gosch)
url

Ive been researching the internet and there are ways to go back.
url

I often think of going back myself...
[
url

Ok, I have it set for Danville, now hand me the crystals.
url

Waht are you going to do, build them a cake or some-fing?
url

Hes going to man up and do what it takes to stop this travesty from ever happening!
url

Waht trayevestie?
url

All of this internet bitching! Have you seen how long this thread is? Do you think that Starla would lay any one who would whine this much? It makes me want to start issuing roundhouse kicks to the face.
url

Im on my way... NES-BAAAAAAAA!!!!!
url

denbsteph

JRA: Betarace gets credit for the "Hidden Gem" description, it sounded so good I stole it and used it.

Bodell: ROFLMFAO, Once again you have put some perspective to this thread. Are you a Napoleon Dynamite fan by any chance?

betarace

South is a really really good track. Flows nicely. Tons of elevation changes and lots of fun. I rode for the first time last year and loved it.

hooligan998

JRA;227186 wrote: LOL at calm and reason...not always my strong suit Rich.

That's not correct. The full Course uses a large portion of both the North and South Courses. I don't know if the new curbing is installed at every turn around the Full Course or not. I would imaging that it has been (or will be) if FIA certification is the primary goal. It wouldn't make sense to install it in only a couple of areas if you need the curbing installed in all turns to get the cert. Of course if the primary goal is just to keep the cars on the track and not in the dirt as before, then it would make sense to install it only in the major problem areas.

I know it has been installed in T6 area and Oak Tree exit (places were cars routinely run in the dirt). T6 is part of the North Course, and Oak Tree is part of the South Course (both are part of the Full Course obviously).

One other observation is that this curbing cannot be installed on the sections of North and South that aren't part of the Full Course. These sections of track are run in the opposite direction when the Patriot Course is being used.
Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback.

dbakerpa

Bodell your creativity is hilarious and amazing albeit a bit frightening and makes me unsure of your societal fitness.

Godfather

Crickets..... Well anyway I have to say that VIR is a beautiful place. We did a few circles around the track today in the helicopter. There were a few cars on the track. One of the cars (cages) was an Atom and I not sure what the others were. Just a few people in the pits. Only 11 more Saturdays and were there!

R/
MIke