Where to buy Fork Springs

matt2212

ADVRacer;279996 wrote: I was wondering where is the best place to order fork springs?
Now you know chuck is the one stop shop for all things go fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADVRacer

Hey Chuck, it's Scott with the orange R6S. You replaced my fork seal Saturday morning at South. You suggested that I replace inner and outer bushings. The schematic I looked up only displayed one bushing referred to as 5EB-23125-00-00 METAL, SLIDE 1. I also ordered replacement rubber seals, O-rings dust covers and another set of seals. The springs in the bike are original, 16k miles. 12k street, 4k track. Since I'm not quite ready to shell the big bucks, I assume it would be advisable to replace the springs. I took a look at the spring rate calculator on Race Tech and came up with .90 kg as a suggested replacement. Does that sound right to you? They wanted $115 for the set. Can you help me. I'm planning on doing the work myself.

Chuck has probably been swamped getting ready for Mid Ohio. So I will help you with questions. Spring rates are not set in stone, but a rate of .90-.925-.95 is a good starting point for your weight. I am not sure what springs Chuck stocks, but there are a few options, R/T, Ohlins, etc. The Ohlins springs tend to run a few bucks more but not much, I use both.... Give Chuck a call after this weekend....he is like me and has a lot of irons in the fire and sometimes we forget to check in on the forums. Hope that helps

Ruhe52

Scott, if I talk to him will ask him but he is out of the shop I believe for 2 weeks. AMA at Mid O this weekend which he is already elbow deep in. Then on to Cali for AMA Round at Laguna.

Good Luck Chuck and Dane!!!!!

bmrboy

Ruhe52;280924 wrote: Mike as mentioned above you are on your own for 2 weeks. Chuck has a day job.

Mid-Ohio .... Laguna Seca ....... Chasing that Championship ...................... :adore:

Yes, Mr. Mike .. The new ride is Home .. And she sure is Pretty all Black , like it just come of the showroom floor :D
I will be contacting Mr. Charles , in no big hurry ... When finished , It will be a proper track bike ..... :)

Not quite as slick as yours ..... But close !!! Soooooo Let the Games begin ..... :cool: